Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1291 1292 [1293] 1294 1295 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095276 times)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19380 on: February 18, 2012, 02:06:58 pm »

Oh my fucking armok! 6 unarmed dwarfs+ a macedorf and A LEGENDARY MINER WITH AN ARTIFACT PICK MADE OF LEAD AND THIS BUFFALO IS STILL ALIVE.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19381 on: February 18, 2012, 02:25:17 pm »

Goddamn. Gray Langurs. And I thought Rhesus Macaques were bad. Somehow one made off with a *iron battle axe*, which, unless the it was assigned to put it down somewhere like an idiot(probably what happened), would mean that it somehow got deep into my fort where the forge was. Good to know that stone-fall traps actually work pretty well in this version.

I've also been designing an interesting way to enter the fort. Completely walled off, a rampway moves over the walls, leading across an exposed approach that eventually goes into the main underground fort.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The north and south ends that are cut off in the pic are walls that block off the valley, with an enclosed space on the north side that serves as a cemetary. The burnt spots were caused by a poorly planned bit of modding. Got irritated at a goblin ambush, so I modded goblin body heat to the point of magma. Turns out, HOMEOTHERM doesn't update for creatures already on the map. I lost three dwarves in the fighting, and three more have since died from infection, with others still infected or awaiting medical treatment.

Oh, and I found out that HOMEOTHERM changes do apply to new creatures that enter the map. Hence, the fires.

One of my marskdwarves, who was off duty, responded to my order to throw a goblin into the pit of death, where I have several armed militiamen waiting to tear him to pieces. The marksdwarf headshotted the goblin in mid-air as he threw him into the pit. Asshole.

HAH.  :D
Boom, headshot.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19382 on: February 18, 2012, 03:25:45 pm »

No exciting events as I've just embarked, but it seems my fortress is called Lovecraft purely by chance. Shame I didn't use an evil biome this time.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #19383 on: February 18, 2012, 04:53:51 pm »

4 dwarven month ago, a troll showed up in one of the underground cavern, destroyed the closed granite door i had put there to prevent entry to my fortress.
He proceeded to climb up and encountered an unfortunate Fish Cleaner in a corridor.

The Troll catched him and with his strength torn open the poor Fish Cleaner right shoulder muscle and bone, torn open the right knee and finally torn open his skull, all of those being fractured too.
Surprisingly he was always alive.
The axedwarves arrived on location as quickly as they could and managed to kill the Troll by axedeath ;)

The poor Fish Cleaner was then carried into my nice hospital, and left to the care of the very competent chief medic (competent because i built him in the embark screen as i wouldn't really count on luck with migrant to get a decent doctor)

And now, 4 dwarven month ago, the Fish Cleaner is back in action, he has always the fracture, but he could move himself to the well to drink.

I'm sure it could have taken less time, but as i wasn't expecting anything, i have the doctor having other labors activated too, without them he surely could have worked quicker on the Fish Cleaner.

Amazing, looks like the medical system is working very good now (assuming you have a competent medical staff and hospital) , as in the past i had dwarves stuck in the hospital for nearly forever.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19384 on: February 18, 2012, 05:04:52 pm »

OMG Yes first DFVD fort with latest version. RabbitHut the Bites of Love.

My first undead are Flying Moth Person Corpses

Best moment. Ever. My mind is overloaded.
Hope Megaman X and OOTS can join the fight.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19385 on: February 18, 2012, 05:29:03 pm »

Zed siege for almost 2 years and a wereelk kill everyone (Again :P).
This siege was weird 2 necromancers not only 1 but one killed the other with a crossbow, is this normal?

EDIT: Mega bug, the necromancer who was killed by his bro became a ghost. And REVIVED A DWARF!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:30:56 pm by peskyninja »
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #19386 on: February 18, 2012, 05:33:28 pm »

My current medical challenge : trying to get the undercover (and undiscovered by the dwarves) vampire that survived the fall through 8 floors to be able to walk again (so i can station him on the retractable bridge over that pit and pull the lever again).

The vampire is currently unable to move, having his skull, leg and hip smashed (and apparently the diagnostic include an infection too) from the previous fall.

I just hope he'll drain none in the hospital during the surgery time.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19387 on: February 18, 2012, 05:35:15 pm »

Giant badger zombies.

I think that describes it all.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19388 on: February 18, 2012, 05:35:47 pm »

Oh my fucking armok! 6 unarmed dwarfs+ a macedorf and A LEGENDARY MINER WITH AN ARTIFACT PICK MADE OF LEAD AND THIS BUFFALO IS STILL ALIVE.
You know, you remind me of myself at a young age. All I cared about was riding narwhales and sleeping in honeycombs and drinking babies' tears... (a cookie goes to someone who gets the refrence :D)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:48:18 pm by bukitodinos »
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19389 on: February 18, 2012, 05:37:25 pm »

One of my marskdwarves, who was off duty, responded to my order to throw a goblin into the pit of death, where I have several armed militiamen waiting to tear him to pieces. The marksdwarf headshotted the goblin in mid-air as he threw him into the pit. Asshole.

This is classic :)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

OldPrussia

• Bay Watcher
  • What do you mean we don't have a Pick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19390 on: February 18, 2012, 05:47:36 pm »

I just pulled 25 migrants two moments after a Bronze Studded Artifact Bronze bucket was made. They're all in this together against me
"Yeah this metal is pretty cool better mine all of it... OH MY GOD."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19391 on: February 18, 2012, 06:01:04 pm »

Went to convict a vampire and have my hammerer stove his head in with a silver hammer.
Convicted the victim by mistake, and a tantrum spiral was avertred only by my Expedition Leader liking to help people adn having both consoler and pacifier up to adaquate. I felt absolutly stupid for not paying attention to that.....

The soldiers had a less problem, taking thier frustration over this out on a few goblin snatchers.
I also discovvered two vampires, and possibly a third who is in my fulltime militia. But I'm thinking he just isn't getting enough expeirience with his pike.

I felt bad doing it to one of the vamps, because she was instrumental in a saving one of two snatched kids (Craying one of the 4 spotted snater's chainmail to the stockpile) and promptly beat his ass with the pike she'd been carrying since I drafted her to keep her away from the other dwarves. Sent them both to the atom shamser, but..... they didn't get atomsmashed.

It seems they also funtion as the launch pad for a space program, as they were catapult off the map.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19392 on: February 18, 2012, 06:03:27 pm »

You have to raise the bridge before you mash things :P
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19393 on: February 18, 2012, 06:06:35 pm »

Went to convict a vampire and have my hammerer stove his head in with a silver hammer.
Convicted the victim by mistake, and a tantrum spiral was avertred only by my Expedition Leader liking to help people adn having both consoler and pacifier up to adaquate. I felt absolutly stupid for not paying attention to that.....

The soldiers had a less problem, taking thier frustration over this out on a few goblin snatchers.
I also discovvered two vampires, and possibly a third who is in my fulltime militia. But I'm thinking he just isn't getting enough expeirience with his pike.

I felt bad doing it to one of the vamps, because she was instrumental in a saving one of two snatched kids (Craying one of the 4 spotted snater's chainmail to the stockpile) and promptly beat his ass with the pike she'd been carrying since I drafted her to keep her away from the other dwarves. Sent them both to the atom shamser, but..... they didn't get atomsmashed.

It seems they also funtion as the launch pad for a space program, as they were catapult off the map.
Vampires level up skills, their attributes get locked.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19394 on: February 18, 2012, 06:13:33 pm »

Yeah I checked him periodically, he's clean I still feel bad for killing the vamps, but one going after my miners was unacceptable.
Pages: 1 ... 1291 1292 [1293] 1294 1295 ... 3842