Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095643 times)

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19230 on: February 16, 2012, 07:40:53 am »

Giant wrens. Hilarious to shoot from the sky. Less so to fight in melee without arms or armour. Doofus.

At the moment my fort (on a tiny embark) has been reduced to 15-odd FPS because there's 130 giant mosquitoes up in the air. Were 75 not even a minute ago.  ::)
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19231 on: February 16, 2012, 07:56:47 am »

Currently working on a terrifying grassland meeting a terrifying ocean embark. The aquifer was luckily bypassed with there being none near where the biomes meet. Now i just need to get to the caves and set up a more permanent residence. Killed a few badgers but they keep reanimating during being butchered. I think a meat/leather industry in a terrifying biome will be a great challenge.

Plasson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19232 on: February 16, 2012, 08:02:49 am »

Finally found magma, at z level -153, 10 z's from the bottom.

Soo... who wants to design and implement a pumpstack for me? :P

timco35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19233 on: February 16, 2012, 08:36:57 am »

I built a temporary town to provide the basics so I could focus on carving the massive mountain across the river into a fortress of dwarven magnificence.  Along comes a werejakal, even before the early kobold thieves.  I'm thinking werejackal, can't be too bad.  The fisherdwarf (aka fleshydwarf earlywarning meatshields)  that spotted him bolted for my town.  The jackal caught up to him in a few ticks and brought him down faster than my hunters turned military realized what was happening.  By time my marksdwarves arrived he had slain another dwarf and his dog.  Now firing on him with my lousy bone bolts he slew one of my marksdwarves and started on another when he suddenly transformed back into a human, tearing off all his clothes (yes, after he tranformed from werebeast to human) then bolted naked off the map edge.

More peculiar was during this fight another dog suddenly attacked one of the dwarf babies, killing it, then proceeded to attack a dwarf child before being beaten down.  Only thing I can think of is that it went beserk when the other died.  I could not find any tail or ear pulling in the reports that might of aggrivated the attack on the children.

The following months of enraged and beserk dwarves, followed by the aforemention injured marksdwarves transformation into a werejakal himself lead to a hasty demise of a grand project never started. 

Now to start on the land with the 2 tower civilizations nearby.  Nothing could go wrong there.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19234 on: February 16, 2012, 10:03:11 am »

I realized that the weird 3 way evil biome I'm in doesn't produce zombies all over. I'm putting the butchers shop and refuse pile far away from the fort in a corner that doesn't allow zombies to rise.

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19235 on: February 16, 2012, 10:34:22 am »

Embarked on a 4x4 zone to check the performance(might be a good place to learn the new update too), and saw this in the announcements:

... Not surprising, really.

Plasson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19236 on: February 16, 2012, 10:38:01 am »

OH MY.  This may end in !FUN!  unless I decideto hunker down and wait this siege out.

no less than 102 invaders,  many squads of goblins, a couple of Trolls,  and what I assume is the Goblin King!   "Oreme Omerethi Imerioreme Reya, Law-giver"

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19237 on: February 16, 2012, 10:51:12 am »

Silverydusks latest migrant wave was slaughtered by ooze. The death toll is 76 dwarves and several elves and other animals that aren't worthy of counting. There's one survivor. Speaking of which, do vampires breath? Because she along with every other migrant was exposed to lung crippling poison, medical records are confirming that she can't breathe.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19238 on: February 16, 2012, 10:54:22 am »

"Oreme Omerethi Imerioreme Reya, Law-giver"

That actually sounds like an elven name, you know...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

eyemdastrongest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19239 on: February 16, 2012, 11:12:14 am »

in a evil glacier. Quickly dug to the first cavern layer. Very tiny migrant waves has me scraping by with three swordsdwarves. Haven't located any metals yet. But TONS of flux stone though!

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19240 on: February 16, 2012, 11:29:24 am »

Respectspear, 19 Opal 201:

A kobold just shanked my duck and ran off. I think it's time to move my fort into the stone.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:31:37 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19241 on: February 16, 2012, 11:33:27 am »

My second artifact in my DFV fort is a red thong called the Wasps of Spraying, with a picture of Dwarves for Everyone.  ???
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Protesilaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19242 on: February 16, 2012, 12:09:51 pm »

I started in an evilish area.  I am on the border of a Terrifying Biome and a Wilderness Biome.  So far I haven't had constant waves on undead, but I tend to only see Giant animals or animal people, and not normal animals.  Also instead of rain, it rains Dwarven Blood and only dwarven blood.  All my grass is covered with dwarven blood puddles.

So I built into the side of the mountain and faced off against a couple of Goblin sieges.  The second ended when I got the message, "The dead has risen".  I was then treated to an absolute slaughter as goblins were completely overrun by zombies.  I set a row of traps and now I have a few zombies in cages, which I have rigged outside of my fort as a first line of defense next time the goblin's show up.

So another year went by, I am experiencing a baby boom, 48 babies with a total population of 150.  I then had to face my biggest threat yet, Giant Mosquitoes.  I spent about a month fighting back against a giant mosquito infestation, which ended up littering the fields with mosquito chitin.  Then the goblins decided to show up again, which ended the same way, another zombie invasion.  This is when I saw one of the new developments.  All of those random mosquito parts came to life and assaulted the goblins, once again a massacre.  A few months later I managed to clean up the infestation in time for a diplomat from Forge home to arrive and to my surprise this is what I was greeted with. 

I am going to inspect legends to see what happens, but I think my king may be undead.

Protesilaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19243 on: February 16, 2012, 12:25:12 pm »

Turns out I was a little confused.  Heju is a Dwarf and the  Leader of the Human empire Anothmong, "The Godly Nation".  It seems the leaders tend to be vampires.  As Heju took over from Sut Shovedseed, a human vampire queen.  He fought her, but I am not sure why.  She was eventually removed from office after not aging.  Her reign was 102 years (80 - 182). This is getting really interesting.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:29:43 pm by Protesilaus »

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19244 on: February 16, 2012, 12:48:12 pm »

First fort in evil area and the RNG gives me the name "DeathToured".
Hint: Nice waterfall cliffs + Horned Owl Corpse == all dwarves drown (the aligators couldn't get there fast enough).
Pages: 1 ... 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 ... 3842