Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100122 times)

Ascimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #18975 on: February 14, 2012, 08:23:23 am »

Going pretty well for one of my first fortresses (I like the adventurer better). Got, like, 50 dorfs, the year 2 is there, have 2 guys in military, an artifact slugman bone ring and a legendary miner. Oh, and it's a volcano, and I still do not have the magma furnace because I should think before I put my metal industry a few Z-levels below magma surface. I don't think I want some fun right now, so I do not care for it, also I will only update my DF after... screw it.
There is a finely-engraved image of Ascimator on the wall. Ascimator is slapping himself in the face. The artwork relates to the loss of the only anvil in Perplextombs in the late winter of 6.

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18976 on: February 14, 2012, 08:58:51 am »

I used embark anywhere to embark ontop of a human kings tomb. All was fine and dandy until i deconstructed the coffin, then he and his minions made my dorfs into hats.
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18977 on: February 14, 2012, 09:01:38 am »

Goddamn Keas, stealing all my stuff. All of my migrants have come in pairs so far, so none of them should be a vampire.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #18978 on: February 14, 2012, 10:12:21 am »

Huge swarm of giant mosquitoes arrived. It is incredibly strenuous on my CPU, and thus has my 7-dorf fort lagging like a 120-dorf fort. I must do something about those blasted things.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18979 on: February 14, 2012, 11:27:53 am »

5 seconds into the embark: "It is raining revolting mucus!" and the screen fills with blue slime. AAAHHH!

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18980 on: February 14, 2012, 11:30:37 am »

Made a new world/fort with the new version.

So I find out today that the dwarves have elected a mayor. Oh great... we're barely scrapping by, the vast majority of the citizens are homeless, we're out of metal do to making swords and picks for the people who actually work in the fort, we're harrassed continuously by kobolds, and we now get some pompous mayor to boot? He comes up to me while I'm eating and tells me "I need 3 spears made", my own decent office, my own quarters, dining room, 2 chests, cabiniet, weapon rack, and an armor stand". I laugh in his face, he doesn't laugh back. Bah, if the mountainhomes hears about this...

so I kick some sorry bastard out of his meager room that has at least some of that, and tell the head carpenter to make some training spears. then he complains that his quarters isn't good enough. You know what, Tun Gleamedattic? you have a bed, so don't complain.

He can mope for all I care, he's not getting anything from me right now. "oh, I want a decent quarters, a decent office, a decent dining room, 2 chests, 1 cabinet, 1 weapon rack, 1 armor stand, and 3 spears". I show him that only 10 people out of 50 even have a room at all, and we have no metal to make a spear. He says "I don't care about your problems, just make it happen." Bah, I'll see if I can get the carptenter to make a few spears out of wood.

Oh, in other news we just purchased a tame giant bird of some kind. The elves say it's called a kestrel. All I know is that it's awesome.

P.S. -  agh! this farmer that crazily took over a craftdwarf shop... just went berserk. I sent the guard immediately, who found him attacking my beautiful kestrel. He's been put down, but not before the kestrel was beaten silly. First examination shows brusies on his wing, body, and both legs. Poor guy.

P.S.2 - agh! and we just found a dwarven child completely drained of blood! And before we can even put the child in a coffin, we're accousted by an army of thieves. at least one got away, and we killed 3. Woh... new version is pleasing me.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:45:55 am by malimbar04 »
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18981 on: February 14, 2012, 11:41:32 am »

Uhhhh Kestrels are disgusting. When threatened they vomit up their last meal at whatever is threatening them. At least in real life.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18982 on: February 14, 2012, 11:48:56 am »

Uhhhh Kestrels are disgusting. When threatened they vomit up their last meal at whatever is threatening them. At least in real life.

Is there a story behind this nugget of trivia? :D
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18983 on: February 14, 2012, 12:00:21 pm »

Nope.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #18984 on: February 14, 2012, 12:04:12 pm »

Just as I got to digging it started raining pungent goo.
Apparently pungent goo is very toxic.
I don't think that one managed to last the first month.
I LOVE THE NEW VERSION!
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18985 on: February 14, 2012, 12:05:22 pm »

Plugging a Aquifier...
First attempt I forgot how big the "explosion" was and lost half my dwarves. Savescum.
Second attempt about to happen now with a Blast Wall between Plug and Dwarves... :P

Fake Edit:: Oh and should mention. First ever attempt at breaking an Aquifer... ^_^

Fake Edit 2:: Blast Wall worked... Plug didn't. Became the Aquifer soil...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:07:49 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18986 on: February 14, 2012, 01:40:34 pm »

My first fort didn't last long.

A pack of 10 undead boars slaughtered the fuck out of me. I'm bringing soldiers this time.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18987 on: February 14, 2012, 01:41:54 pm »

A pack of undead warthogs slaughtered my 3-dwarf military shortly after embark and a planter two planters not long after, now one of them has risen as well. Only 2 miners and a cat left alive.

EDIT: scratch that, only one miner left

EDIT 2: he's dead. Undead are hardcore, and I love the new version.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:44:40 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18988 on: February 14, 2012, 01:55:24 pm »

IT'S RAINING DEATH! The rain in my biome causes bruising, blindness, nausea, and unconciousness. I've abandoned more than half of the supplies I embarked with because venturing above ground is no longer safe. Harpys attacked, the rain hobbled them and a woodcutter killed them. Half my starting seven have been mauled, the other half are alternating between puking, sleeping, and puking. There's a realistic danger of several of them dying of thirst because they keep passing out on their way to get booze. This is my first fort in DFVD, it's already reached headshoots level fucked-upedness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18989 on: February 14, 2012, 01:57:22 pm »

Apparently, flying creatures can attack from above if they are hovering exactly above the target. An undead eagle just bruised my swordsdwarf that way.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 ... 3842