Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1233 1234 [1235] 1236 1237 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100123 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #18510 on: January 24, 2012, 10:31:29 pm »

I just found out that I have a male and female pair of war grizzy bears

FUCK YEAH INFINITE WAR GIZZES FOR LYFE

Also I have some corner walls that need to be built for my fort to be completly enclosed but none of my masons are doing anything about it. They aren't suspending but they aren't building either.

If it goes on like this invaders will have a back way into my fort. How in the hell do I make them build the walls?

Also I've forgotten what to do to make my dwarves dump water in a pit from a water source... how do?

For the walls you might need to designate an architect or two as well as a few masons and make it so that they don't have any other jobs.

For the water you use "i" and designate the air over said pit as a pond.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
  • RAW RAW OUT THINK THA POWAH!!!
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
« Reply #18511 on: January 24, 2012, 10:40:12 pm »

That's the thing.

I have my water source and my pond all set up. I know there is a extra step to take but that's what I've forgotten.

Also I redesignated the wall to be built from somwhere more accessible and still nothing... and some snatchers are trying to come in as well.. there's a ambush prolly on its way goddamn
Yours is the fort that will pierce the hells!

Oh look, A DF blog.

This is a goblin skull loo. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with troll teeth.

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
« Reply #18512 on: January 24, 2012, 10:47:18 pm »

OH FUCK A BRONZE COLOSSUS SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT

Oh look, A DF blog.

This is a goblin skull loo. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with troll teeth.

Clockwise Onions

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18513 on: January 24, 2012, 10:49:53 pm »

Made a dwarven alcoholism gulag treatment center that's half glacier and half frozen shrubland. All dorfs have been (literally) stone-cold sober for about 4 years. Also, everything is built on the surface and out of ice. Currently I am making some fancier bedrooms for the nobility. Also, goblinite keeps rolling in.  :D

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18514 on: January 24, 2012, 10:54:36 pm »

Decided I wanted to clear out the animal men from below my fortress so I can wall off the edges. Sent down my whole military and locked the fortress down. They reach the cavern and clear out the winding tunnels quickly. Suddenly, "Oh look, more animalmen. Kill them too."
They chop up those rodent men quickly but some reptilemen quickly replace them. When my 50 become 40 I realise that the animalmen are spawning in instantly to replace the fallen. What follows is a bit like 300 except they have the good sense to retreat to the trap hall as instructed (mostly). As soon as I open the gate the haulers charge out to retrieve the sacred leather armor of the fallen only to be cut down by the pursuing snakemen.
CUE TANTRUM SPIRAL!

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18515 on: January 24, 2012, 11:29:54 pm »

OH FUCK A BRONZE COLOSSUS SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT
Hey, maybe it'll kill the gobbo's for you.

READY THE CAGE TRAPS! OUR ARENA SHALL HAVE A FINE ADDITION THIS DAY!

Oh yeah, unless I'm forgetting something all you need are buckets after that for the pond.

For the wall: Are you sure you have at least one mason and one architect?  Check or apply both to one dwarf and turn off all other labors.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

HunterG24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18516 on: January 24, 2012, 11:39:07 pm »

(sigh) I now face a bleak winter of death due to starvation...

I have a farm set to Plump Helmets for every season. The plump helmets grow but then the little idiots won't harvest them. They just sit there and rot. I can't understand why. I have an entire stockpile devoted to Plump Helmets. Any ideas on the problem? (obviously the problem is me I know but a little help would go a long way to saving this fort)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18517 on: January 24, 2012, 11:42:05 pm »

@Hunter
BARRELS.

LOTS OF THEM.

Also use q on the stockpile to check that barrels are allowed in that stockpile.

@Kc_Spot

BCs are easy if you send a large amount of semi-skilled stabby/slashy types. Of course, they're BRILLIANT for capturing and feeding goblins to/using as a pincushion.
I zerged it with my full army, varying from dabbling to legendary in swordsdwarf, speardwarf and hammerdwarf/axedwarf, and it took 96 pages of combat before my Militia Commander decapitated it with his named =steel short sword=.

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18518 on: January 24, 2012, 11:51:30 pm »

I started a nice camp in some random tropical forest, then I assign stationed guards near the entrance for fun. Next thing oyu know the guy charge at the nearest pandaman which I'm looking forward to exterminate. Little did I know that the poor fellow would be turned into somekind of flesh sculpture. Eventually the fort fell to a tantrum spiral involving pandamens...

Then I start a new fort somewhere random in a tropical forest on the same world. My seven dwarves were killed by a Gigantic Panda....

The best part is when a pandaman thought it was funny to take fingers of a poor dwarf hand one after the other.

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
« Reply #18519 on: January 24, 2012, 11:57:31 pm »

okay... colossus down. 4 dead including pets. And I have my commander throwing a tantrum in his sleep so hopfully he will be better and calm down when he wakes up.

And my wall situation is fixed. Now my fort is actually a fort.

Oh look, A DF blog.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18520 on: January 25, 2012, 01:37:56 am »

My last fort ended horribly in the second spring when I got sieged by a squad of frogmen riding giant eagles. And a squad of stranglers. And 2 squads of tigermen. Thus I've decided to improve my design into a rotating system, allowing me to split and engage those suckers a few at a time. Let's see how it goes.
As a bonus, my new embark has iron AND flux. Praise Armok!!
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18521 on: January 25, 2012, 01:45:13 am »

A FB composed of nothing but flame showed up in my caverns. The caverns are sealed so no worries. I'm just having fun watching it burn everything. Maybe it will kill some of the other FBs I locked down there.

eyemdastrongest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18522 on: January 25, 2012, 02:03:22 am »

Waiting for my King to arrive to fortress. I've met all the requirements so it's just a big waiting game.

Luckily I have a large stockpile of caged goblins, and an arena to put them in to help pass the time!

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18523 on: January 25, 2012, 02:17:40 am »

Dealing with about 400 turkey poults... I killed their dad, so there won't be any more coming. Sadly, poults provide pathetic loot... :(

mumlock

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18524 on: January 25, 2012, 03:54:58 am »

My first post.

My fort is going down big time.
It all started with a mining accident, followed by an Elf caravan and a goblin ambush (I've tried to get the gold bar bins back inside... stupid).
Note to self - set up hospital and military some time before 'oh crap, not again...'.
Pages: 1 ... 1233 1234 [1235] 1236 1237 ... 3842