Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1217 1218 [1219] 1220 1221 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6101173 times)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #18270 on: January 14, 2012, 03:20:32 pm »

Help...  I have cave crocodiles in the plumbing!  It's fine, except occasionally they pop out to eat someone.

Giving each noble their own well in their bedroom is turning out to have been quite an interesting choice.  Of greater concern is the fact that my legendary weaponsmith is missing.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18271 on: January 14, 2012, 03:22:32 pm »

The prospect of the new release excited me so much I'm back in the saddle after a few months' hiatus...a one-level cavern fort this time (except for mines), with emphasis on massive corridors and spaciousness.  I.e. sort of a Moria feel.

I've also sworn off magma smelters/forges/kilns/etc. for added difficulty.  Considering this site has flux and iron I'm already well enough off.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18272 on: January 14, 2012, 03:25:30 pm »

New fort, randomly genned Group Name is Boat of Murders. This bodes well.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18273 on: January 14, 2012, 03:32:18 pm »

New fort, randomly genned Group Name is Boat of Murders. This bodes well.
Your Horoscope today says "beware the day elephants fly."

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18274 on: January 14, 2012, 03:56:52 pm »

My fortress may be allowed to have it's last stand.  Most of my military is dead or crippled, due to the last siege, and a new one just showed up.  I even used up all my miners.  The only soldier I have left is the militia commander, who also happens to be the duchess.  She's marching into one of the two areas being invaded, dressed in worn out clothing and an adamantine helm, and carrying a golden artifact warhammer and a flask.  She's as ready as she's gonna get.

Edit:  I just assigned 25 war dogs to her.  I hope her sanity survives.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18275 on: January 14, 2012, 05:54:14 pm »

Blockedportals the Olm Man Spearmaster refuses to leave his dead fellows. A forgotten beast appeared, called Bora- a tarantula with feathers and a poisonous bite. It reached the sealed edge of the water, gave up and swam around for a while.

Adamantine is being excavated. We'll have to make do with what we've got, because directly below the adamantine deposit is a strange... tube thing.

Magma smelters have been set up just above the magma sea, which was just recently struck.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #18276 on: January 14, 2012, 07:28:55 pm »

Help...  I have cave crocodiles in the plumbing!  It's fine, except occasionally they pop out to eat someone.

Giving each noble their own well in their bedroom is turning out to have been quite an interesting choice.  Of greater concern is the fact that my legendary weaponsmith is missing.

I assume that the water tasting like week-old plumphelms doens't concern them too much. At least until  they find the body.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18277 on: January 14, 2012, 07:51:49 pm »

I assume that the water tasting like week-old plumphelms doens't concern them too much. At least until  they find the body.

I found the weaponsmith - he was trapped in a corner in the mines for some reason, dehydrated but otherwise fine.

Also, I just discovered there is a FB syndrome in the well water.

Uh oh.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18278 on: January 14, 2012, 08:01:32 pm »

Population is up to 94 since the goblins have stepped back for a few seasons (probably to lick their wounds and prepare for a siege) The military is in poor shape, mostly recruits who are busy beating up werewolves and troglodytes to get into shape for the inevitable goblin attack in a couple seasons.

The metalworks are in good shape though, two legendary metalcrafters and a legendary blacksmith pounding out tin and silver bins, barrels, crafts and toys about as fast as the furnace operators can make the bars for them.

We also have 120 bedrooms set up now, + rooms for about 6 nobles, so we should be okay for our next wave or two of migrants. And a possessed child just made a Giant toad bone bed.. lot of spikes for a bed, but it's worth 94,800 so it must be comfortable anyway.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18279 on: January 14, 2012, 08:27:44 pm »

Just cleaning after latest vishne siege, which killed another four of my dwarves.

Like the siege before.

And another one before that too.

Someone loves number four here...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18280 on: January 14, 2012, 08:29:08 pm »

I did not know, until just now, that a ghost could literally scare a dwarf to death.

R.I.P. +1 legendary strand extractor.

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18281 on: January 14, 2012, 08:57:35 pm »

Vile force of darkness, one group of goblins, macemen lead by a bowman on a crocodile, lots of injured, 5 dead (so far) 3 barely trained axedwarves and 2 untrained recruits. body and wounded collection is going on now, luckily we had about 35 idlers to drag them inside.

The Axiom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18282 on: January 14, 2012, 09:00:18 pm »

Finally defeated my first aquifer xD   2 layers and rather than try the cave in method (because that always goes so well for me). I used the handy volcano next door to Obsidian cast my way down... Still killed 3 miners -.- apparently lighting Dwarves on fire is bad for them.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18283 on: January 14, 2012, 09:45:56 pm »

I just had a "D" wander into my front gate.

This may end badly.  My cage traps are freshly filled from goblins.

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
  • RAW RAW OUT THINK THA POWAH!!!
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
« Reply #18284 on: January 14, 2012, 10:28:24 pm »

Hey, I'm in my second fort in a long while. For the first time ever I'm making above gound fortifications enclosing my fort in a small area.

2 questions: can a door stave off invaders? And I'm seeing 3 insect hives, 2 bee hives and a ant hive flashing on screen. What does that mean?

Did I say 2? I meant 3. Where in the hell is this casulty screen everyone is talking about?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:36:50 pm by Kc_spot »
Yours is the fort that will pierce the hells!

Oh look, A DF blog.

This is a goblin skull loo. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with troll teeth.
Pages: 1 ... 1217 1218 [1219] 1220 1221 ... 3842