Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6102314 times)

fijkus

• Bay Watcher
  • "Reapers"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #18045 on: January 06, 2012, 01:16:11 pm »

An Ambush inside my barracks. Poor Elves, didn't get the chance to escape :(
Poor Elves? Whats an Elves?
Dont You mean, Disgusting Vermin?
They're my only source of wood... And a contributor of miasma :P
Oh, Trading with them is Okay.
I hate the little swits, but I dont always Torture and Kill them. They can actually bring some decent Supplies, to swap for My useless ones. Much like the other Caravans, but with some different stuff.
Youve gotta hate them though ;)

I actually use them to jump start my clothing industry. No need to waste precious farm space to making trader junk when I can get about 30 bolts for something I'm making anyway.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18046 on: January 06, 2012, 03:39:06 pm »

Dragonward has been given the chance to become a barony, and Ber feedceilings the cheesemaker has been appointed, for his mostly tolerable potential mandates. He will be given a mansion on the south-eastern end of the compound. I'm hoping he'll still perform labors he had assigned to him prior to being elected a noble, so he can sit in his house and occupy himself with thopit cheese and leather.

It has once again come time for the mass-butchering of the llamas and sheep, starting with the saddest specimens.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 03:40:43 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #18047 on: January 06, 2012, 04:09:05 pm »

First time not using DFhack to make my magma reservoir and my !!Expedition Leader!! Bled to death.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18048 on: January 06, 2012, 06:30:46 pm »

I only hate them when they deliberately piss me off, like when they attempt to bugger off with their precious goods. Which happens to be every time I trade with them (I swear being able to spot wooden decorations is a skill:d).

I only trade the elves homemade rock goods in the beginning, then stacks of homemade prepared meals once my food industry inevitably floods my entire fortress with =pigeon tallow roasts=. With the former, I can buy bare essentials, and with the latter, I easily guarantee that there was no wood involved.

ninjabear53

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18049 on: January 06, 2012, 06:40:11 pm »

BWAHAHAHAHAH  :D I killed my first couple of elf traders just a second ago i had fun :D they were just about to leave packing up there stuff then BAM BAM BAM they died how sad.......O WELL now i can get that panda i didnt see at first and my Broker/mayor was to busy to trade with elfs

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #18050 on: January 06, 2012, 07:24:51 pm »

Oh elven traders.
Even when I have a lot of food, I only trade them useless rock crafts.
I still find it hilarious that I can trade a -Lead Bin- full of, on average, =Gabbro Mug=, for 4 full bins of cloth, 2 barrels of booze, and every last tree the hypocrites brought with them.
So that's all good.
Shamelessly, I trade the same stuff to all the caravans. It's always worthless trash, and I take the most valuable materials possible.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18051 on: January 07, 2012, 09:45:55 am »

A baby was carried into the danger room by it's idiotic mother who was trying to clean up the blood from the last pair of idiots that went in there. All four would have recieved visits to the hospital, but unfortunately the baby bled to death on the doorstep. So, the remaining three went to the hospital. But wait! The first one to be injured this season, another mother and a retired legendary militia veteran, walked out of the hospital without even being diagnosed when she realized all she had was a splinter in her arm! Her daughter, however, suffered more serious-though hardly life-threatening-injuries. The most recent surviving victim? Broken arm or something. Who cares?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18052 on: January 07, 2012, 10:05:52 am »

Tombrabbits of Chaos continued

So the horse-tossed guy is still swimming with the fishes. Well jellyfishes right now.
I guess he's having a pretty cool time in the afterlife, with the whole ocean at his fingertips.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, at least my dwarves thought he was happy until this showed up.
But now we think that ocean-man caused this forgotten beast to appear.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And in other blue news, the dwarves discovered a delicious cotton candy machine deep below the surface.
Work has begun to gather the stuff quickly.

ninjabear53

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18053 on: January 07, 2012, 10:12:54 am »

Just a update from yesterday i had my second Seige but this one was worse every single one of those basterds were mounted i thought o wow better pull that lever for my bridge so i do and they are safe i station my Military at the front and get every one else gathered in the Dining hall for safty and light refresh ment then the next thing i know i see freaking trolls atacking my chained fox im like What the hell? but then i see in in a attempt to build a tower i had built a stair case into the already built walls but the passage to the stair case was connected outside of my fortress the fox died but luckly my military kicked there ass blue blood everywhere but i was to cowardly to fix the stupid wall so they had direct entry to me so Fun ensude (the first real Fun i had) I lost 7ish Dwarf all in my military and my Commander is suffering from a broken lung :D i captured a few of there mounts and im going to kill them dead

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18054 on: January 07, 2012, 11:14:36 am »

The dwarven caravan from Vathezzan arrived. They brought clumps of galena, silver, gold and platinum, which we bought for a single bin of crafts.
Then...

The Cyclops Irami Yiloanara Ecanocerethe has come! A giant humanoid monster with a single eye set in its forehead.

The alarm was sounded, and the Vathezzan and Limulunnos militia lurched into action.  No Limulunnos soldiers were injured besides a recruit being Shoryuken'd to the chin, sustaining a bruise. A Vathezzan swordsman was knocked unconscious by his own iron greaves.

The metal industry is just about to run out of lignite/bitumnous coal to make into coke, so digging is underway to strike magma.

The olm-man who slew a forgotten beast with his nether-cap spear has named it. It is:

Femavanayne Thici Neba or Laudedpapers the Circumstances of Meditating.

Almost immediately after the Cyclops was ripped to shreds at the entrance, a metalcrafter had a mood and made a decently expensive lead bracelet. He is now legendary, and will be using our leftover copper to make crafts.

Two or three goblin thieves were apprehended and executed, with their weaponry going to recruits.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18055 on: January 07, 2012, 12:19:02 pm »

No Limulunnos soldiers were injured besides a recruit being Shoryuken'd to the chin, sustaining a bruise.

This put a smile on my face  :)

I almost didn't know what this move was, but then I remembered playing Megaman X2 on my emulator SNES back in the day.
Easter Eggs make me happy.

ninjabear53

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18056 on: January 07, 2012, 01:15:02 pm »

:-[ Well i just did something really stupid my best fortress todate and like a tard i dig down in to the greaking admainite vein and guess what i find???? go on guess here is a hint it features lots and lots of Fun to my unready everything :D luckly i set up some stuff to try to stop any random creatures in the cavern i already found so moving my Military now as my Miners run to escape i will tell you what happens and if die from the Fun i shall start one in Digging deeper

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18057 on: January 07, 2012, 02:12:16 pm »

I have a bit of an emergency...
It seems that one of my farmers is possessed.
He won't claim any workshops.
He's got novice skill in Butchery, Brewing, and Cooking, and I have all three associated workshops up, but he won't do anything.
Help?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18058 on: January 07, 2012, 02:27:32 pm »

Craftdwarf's workshop.

Most of moody dwarves go there, especially food/farm related workers and peasants.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18059 on: January 07, 2012, 02:28:49 pm »

Oh.
Welp, he's insane now, so too late for that...
Poor guy...
He was one of my first...
*Sniff*
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 3842