Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6094112 times)

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #16125 on: September 09, 2011, 07:17:18 pm »

I just had one of my most exciting sieges.  Tons of people were outside when it arrived, since there was a lot of corpse-dumping and fence-building going on.  The majority of them got inside, but waves of arrows swept across the screen and killed like 20 civilians.  There were, after all, two squads of goblin bowmen. 

I had my main squad (that is, the only 3 soldiers with titles in my fortress) inside while I waited for the bowmen to use up their arrows on a lesser squad.  After the first bowsquad ran out, my squad outside and slaughtered them, along with a squad of macemen.  Unfortunately, one of my big 3 died right then.

Some other stuff happened, yada yada, but the best part was when the two remaining members of that squad - both Spearmasters with full steel armor and adamantine weapons - ran into the middle of the second bowsquad.  This squad still had plenty of ammo, so there were arrows flying in every direction, all around them.  Not one hit.

Anyway, we won.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16126 on: September 09, 2011, 07:26:02 pm »

I decided to dump some random peasant in my start embark (100 pts) down a volcano I had. Only after he deconstructed the palm floor did he start falling, and only after he started falling did I look at his preferences. I noted that he "likes elves for their grace".

Either I should have let the poor snob live to see the elven caravan,

Or I dumped him in that volcanic lava for a bloody good reason.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16127 on: September 09, 2011, 07:31:01 pm »

snip

I've tried to do this thrice, always get flooded with migrants and the buildings take too long to make, so people starve. I turned the pop cap to 15, and I'm currently building a hall. No shit this time, it will take as long as it needs and it's gonna look good.
I was planning to make the hall 4 z levels high, but I mistake in the planning made it be 3 z levels, it's almost two years and the second floor isn't even ready.

The buildings will be simple, first floor will be made of bricks, all the rest of wood. Nobles will live in a dolomite castle. Farmers on wood only longhouses.
I'm also diving labours. You will make pottery, you will be the carpenter, you will be the mason, womans cook and weave, farmer women help in farming, no female nobles as far as I can have, houses will only be delegated to married couples, singles will live in the second floor of the hall.
Also I'm playing with humans.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:33:06 pm by Eктωρ »
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Lainers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16128 on: September 09, 2011, 08:07:30 pm »

First: I embarked w/o axes. 10 months dealing only with stones and no beds, thou my dorfs were happy with que furniture.

Then... A child got possessed (didn't know it was possible). He stood there, doing nothing in the main hall until he got bersek and killed several dogs and two dwarfs.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16129 on: September 09, 2011, 08:08:37 pm »

First: I embarked w/o axes. 10 months dealing only with stones and no beds, thou my dorfs were happy with que furniture.

Then... A child got possessed (didn't know it was possible). He stood there, doing nothing in the main hall until he got bersek and killed several dogs and two dwarfs.
You didn't have the right workshop. I think children can only make toys and they make them at a craftdwarfs workshop.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16130 on: September 09, 2011, 08:28:33 pm »

Finished the designations, now I just need to get a few pumps together and ready the drain and my fort's good to go to drown the elven scum.

The Camp of Crows shall remember the fallen Merchants of Blood! Long Live the good dwarves of The Murky Dreamy Arrow!
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16131 on: September 09, 2011, 09:04:25 pm »

The Hall is complete!
Well... It's lacking its roof...

I'll bake some bricks.
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16132 on: September 09, 2011, 09:09:49 pm »

My military decided that the station command means I want them to stand in the stockpiles and disregard the forgotten beast.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16133 on: September 09, 2011, 09:12:11 pm »

Reason #22567 why you should trust machines, not dwarves, to get the job done :P

*Mayor facepalms*

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16134 on: September 09, 2011, 09:15:36 pm »

Reason #22567 why you should trust machines, not dwarves, to get the job done :P
I can't deal with the FB but luckilly my militia commander is the living embodiment of terror, he was the only person with the common sense to know that when I say "kill goblin axelord" I'm not making a suggestion. He ran into the siege with a single war tiger and every last one of turned tail.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16135 on: September 09, 2011, 09:17:23 pm »

Nice, you always seem to get those one or two avatars of armok in a sea of endless meatshields

*Mayor facepalms*

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16136 on: September 09, 2011, 09:30:03 pm »

Nice, you always seem to get those one or two avatars of armok in a sea of endless meatshields
My danger rooms usually kill about half my dwarves in primative forts but rain can't even hit the ones who survive. This guys special though, he's killed three elephants with nothing but a raw platinum spear and a psychological disorder.

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16137 on: September 10, 2011, 12:52:10 am »

I started a new fort and lucky me, there were alligators in a lake/pond created by a waterfall!

I went to a lot of effort to capture them, building a mermaid trap and drainage and everything. I wanted to replace my turkeysplosion with a gatorsplosion.

Then as I flicked the lever to drain the alligators into my trap, the first winter freeze came and encased them in ice....

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16138 on: September 10, 2011, 01:02:56 am »

I started a new fort and lucky me, there were alligators in a lake/pond created by a waterfall!

I went to a lot of effort to capture them, building a mermaid trap and drainage and everything. I wanted to replace my turkeysplosion with a gatorsplosion.

Then as I flicked the lever to drain the alligators into my trap, the first winter freeze came and encased them in ice....

Mermaid trap? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16139 on: September 10, 2011, 01:10:14 am »

Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 3842