Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6093625 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #16035 on: September 04, 2011, 12:36:59 am »

Playing as stupid, bugged un-modded humans. I can have no nobles or administrators, and thus no military, and apparently we can't make anvils. ::)
Well, I'll just have to temporarily mod a cheat anvil-spawning reaction... I need to use all this metal. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Weary Exile

• Bay Watcher
  • Beard Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16036 on: September 04, 2011, 01:13:44 am »

Oh, not this shit again.
It's like regular childcare, except with more dogs, and less care.

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16037 on: September 04, 2011, 01:51:11 am »

Several giant eagles died crop dusting the land with vomit for some reason I cannot comprehend.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16038 on: September 04, 2011, 03:20:54 am »

Mine is going great!

2 dwarves went beserk and had to be murdered, i killed an elven caravan cause i got bored so now im preparing for some kind of attack, 2 miners died in a hole of suffocation, my fortress is covered in dead things and blood from the massacre, and half my dwarves are now reeeally pissed off :D

A few then died of starvation, which didnt help as they were my last miners -.-
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.

Table Turning

• Bay Watcher
  • Turnways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16039 on: September 04, 2011, 06:32:28 am »

A fairly major cave-in accident, 4 miners injured, 1 suffocated due to spinal injury, and the last one succumbed to infection in the hospital.  She was the wife of one of the surviving miners.  Poor fellows.
Thats another use for useless immigrants.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16040 on: September 04, 2011, 08:52:41 am »

Embarked with the first wave of builders to build the platinum skyfort, the last safe haven in this completely haunted and dangerous world.
So far I have the main hub and connecting walkways done, building the four sectors now: administrative, residential, engineering, lab.
Of course engineering contains all of our workshops and non food related stockpiles.
Administrative contains our military and command room, basicaly where we place dwarves to pull levers to seal and flood or to open all the emergancy drains, both work.
Hopefully we get this done in a few years so I can abandon and re-embark with an actual starting group instead of just masons and miners.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16041 on: September 04, 2011, 09:29:17 am »

Embarked with the first wave of builders to build the platinum skyfort, the last safe haven in this completely haunted and dangerous world.
So far I have the main hub and connecting walkways done, building the four sectors now: administrative, residential, engineering, lab.
Of course engineering contains all of our workshops and non food related stockpiles.
Administrative contains our military and command room, basicaly where we place dwarves to pull levers to seal and flood or to open all the emergancy drains, both work.
Hopefully we get this done in a few years so I can abandon and re-embark with an actual starting group instead of just masons and miners.
You probably shouldve set it up so you can stay there because reclaiming land(I think) is still bugged. You can probably reclaim it if you deconstruct all your workshops,beds,chairs, etc before you abandon the fort. And then toss all your dwarves in magma. For FUN!
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16042 on: September 04, 2011, 10:40:47 am »

Good lord Armok!! :o
I just had an artifact, and left my fort running while I posted in a forum game, and when I had finished the wall of text I looked back, and... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED.
Heaps of people brawling, dying of thirst, spamming 'cancels attend party:no floor space' and even going into fell moods!
I think I might have forgotten to un-trap that builder who deconstructed the walkway he was standing on... ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16043 on: September 04, 2011, 11:09:49 am »

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16044 on: September 04, 2011, 11:24:17 am »

Trying to flood world in magma, (of ground its going to be lava) reflecting sadness of dwarves being slain by Belar, but she is done for now.
Berserk miner is nice addition to my Adventure mode arena.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16045 on: September 04, 2011, 12:29:03 pm »

Had a dwarf go berserk. He took down both my ledgendary miners and my woodcutter and then headed for the Meeting Hall.

Dear god, there are dead geese Everywhere.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #16046 on: September 04, 2011, 01:20:27 pm »

Just was 'testing' a 20-z-level pitfall, threw two puppies down it, they exploded as expected.
Then another dog gave birth to two puppies, not 5 seconds after the second one was pitted. population stability FTW?
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16047 on: September 04, 2011, 02:18:45 pm »

Right after I thought I might be able to enjoy the fall of Nutgilt a migrant wave of 9 appears and ruins all my fun. I'm tired of this fort, I'm releasing the undead deer.

Edit:
A mood created an artifact bauxite coffin "ProblemAmazed":
It is encrusted with chert. It menaces with spikes of bauxite. On the item is an image of a hidden moon in chert.

It's scarily appropriate.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:29:50 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #16048 on: September 04, 2011, 02:35:25 pm »

Disaster has struck at Copperabbey, in the form of goblins! With the defenses being rudimentary at best, and much of the planned defensive works not even started, the fort was easily penetrated by a goblin force. 23 Dwarves fell, though many of the goblins were captured in the too few cage traps, and a few more were killed by a hastily arranged defense deep within the main halls. A brave mason managed to make and build a series of grates to seal the only entrance into the fortress proper, though this left a dozen dead dwarves, and considerable gear, in the outer reaches of the fort. Of the founding 7, 2 remain.

All is not bad news, as the Goblins slaughtered an elven caravan.

After two seasons of moping, the new expedition leader came up with a plan of action to motivate the dwarves; magma! Lacking any, we're building a massive trap entrance right in the great hall, while working on the memorial hall for those who fell. At the same time, we have had to dig a cistern, as interior water was never a priority due to the nearby stream. We're working on a second cistern dedicated to the now-unstaffed hospital. 

I forgot the most important part of the last few months; after securing the main fort against goblins, my new expedition leader went into a mood! And took over one of the forges! And made... A TIN AXE!

If I wasn't about at half the population, and lacking anyone else with the skills to take the job...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:50:57 pm by azrael4h »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16049 on: September 04, 2011, 06:00:13 pm »

Latticeempire is doing well, although a little crowded.

Also, slowly making steel for my 15-man army, and being very lazy about the Dwarven Bathtubs.
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 3842