Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6128939 times)

Wurgel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #15270 on: August 08, 2011, 02:42:20 pm »

Death. Just simple, fiery, molten-iron-death.

Im at the end of my first year, 13 Dwarfs and no military. (but 4 Good skilled miner, who makes the defense)

Then a Balor appers, followed by a season-change autosave. No chance to seal off in time, so i send my miners to stop him, not knowing what a Balor is. (i thought its just a giant with wings)

at least to fight was short. Balor reached sleping civilean, whip hits head, sails of and body get covored in molten iron.

Miner 1 reached, whipe cuts of the leg and the dwarf dies to the molten iron.
Miner 2 and 3 were grabed at a finger and tossed >30 squared to explode in the next wall.
Miner 4 got scratched throught the skull, tearing the brain.

So i found my own !Fun!, still wondering, what my dorfs made to get the Balor THAT angry....

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #15271 on: August 08, 2011, 04:29:32 pm »

As Project Magma Piston nears its full operational status, it claims another life. When the 5-level high bottom cistern reached full capacity, one of the manual magma pumps leaked and burned off the fingers of a freeworker (my fancy name for haulers in this fort).

In other news, I learned once again that opening the front gate is rarely worth it. With about 4 ambushing civilisations, half the military couldn't save a legendary miner from being mutilated. Ironically, he was out there to take off some corners off a hill to make it a better bowdwarf nest.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15272 on: August 08, 2011, 04:54:04 pm »

My latest embark has no iron, I've compensated by spamming traps at the entrance and building towers for archers so I've broken two sieges with no casualties.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15273 on: August 08, 2011, 04:56:59 pm »

I have just discoverd the unique propertys of dragons blood.
Namely:
if you get it on you, itll melt your fat from your bones and you will die a horrible and bloody death ^^ as proven by 6 dwarfs who wore contanimated steel high boots.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15274 on: August 08, 2011, 05:44:51 pm »

I'm still trying to think of a compatible way to deal with building destroyers, since the abundance of doors will be a distraction from pillar traps.
If by pillar traps you meant supports with floor tile above, building destroyers will not topple them, ever. Too easy!

Also, this raises the question of whose vomit is this anyway? And how did it congeal into a beast, a flatworm with wings and a bloated body? And for the love of god, why???
Some beasts are best left forgotten, as said mayor on seeing ass monster setting fire on entire fortress.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Ragingpantsless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15275 on: August 08, 2011, 05:46:53 pm »

Expedition leader/broker/chief medical dwarf got a possessive mood. Made a wooden harp, and used up all the turkey bones. All 60 of them, which were going to crossbow training. The only good thing? He didn't use anything valuable, like say, some platinum nuggets. Traders still haven't shown up, and am getting a tiny bit worried, I'm running out of plants, I don't have a renewable water supply, and I'm hesitant to breach caverns after the last time.
"And if you look down in the boiler chamber, you'll see that our hot spring is powered by an ancient, unholy, cramped and extremely pissed forgotten beast."

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #15276 on: August 08, 2011, 06:15:24 pm »

Hah! My fort was attacked by a frost wyrm (Genesis again), and I have a thing for captured beasts so I sealed up the fort to buy me time to jury-rig a cave-in trap surrounded by cages. When I opened the fort I had trouble getting the dragon's interest but thankfully my beloved outpost liaison happened to arrive. The wyrm charged in right behind him and after gorging on his delicious dwarf flesh decided to topple the bait table I set up. The trap worked, although I won't be able to make a trade agreement this year but that's just something I have to live with.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 06:41:56 pm by SlimyMarmot »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15277 on: August 08, 2011, 06:50:14 pm »

New fort, planning for a much more military-focused setup this time.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15278 on: August 08, 2011, 07:24:26 pm »

I just met my first Nightwing. I had about 41 population I think before meeting it.

I now have 9. How can the thing be so deadly, even with it being entirely wounded and missing both paws?!

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15279 on: August 08, 2011, 07:47:50 pm »

Biting i should think.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15280 on: August 08, 2011, 07:48:09 pm »

Risen "Giltsavages the Rose of Vestibules" was my first dwarf wounded, having lost his right hand and motor control of his right foot a goblin. our "doctor" (if you call an unskilled and bored dwarf a doctor) cleaned him up and gave him a crutch, and our armorors made sure he was decked out in the best stuff - all blue-dyed pigtail and steel.

I put him into the training room - IE a room locked off with floodgates from which various animals and goblins fell from the sky. He warmed up with animals (it's very difficult to chase foxes around a room when one "leg" is really a crutch held by an arm wiith no hand). He proceeded to slaughter naked goblins, and then fully-armed goblins. With his steel spear in hand he slaughtered a total of 35 animals and 33 goblins. Then a thief (a theif!) tackled him and stabbed him in the head, missing the helmet and going through the masterwork blue pigtail hood.

shame... off the the crypts with him.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15281 on: August 08, 2011, 08:09:22 pm »

I am going to wait for shitloads of immigrants, make homes for them all, make shitloads of adamantine weapons, and then make a great military.

I am going to have to mod out colossi though, due to their current invincibility...

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #15282 on: August 08, 2011, 08:36:53 pm »

Not to sure anymore. The goblins are keeping a constant siege, but I'm not sending anyone out to deal with it, and the fortress is locked down tight.
And I've got a few rooms in the middle levels I entirely forgot what I was building them for.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15283 on: August 08, 2011, 08:57:13 pm »

Guess what? There's a second Nightwing. My only hope is the caravan guards can bring it down before it kills us all - or they leave, which will end the same way.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #15284 on: August 08, 2011, 09:23:20 pm »

Just breached my first aquifer. To celebrate, the game decided to send a pack of Beak Dogs at me instead of the Harpy fodder it had been. In the space of about a minute, six beak dogs were dead, as well as a raw recruit. My militia commander got flung about by his left foot, though, severing sensory nerves and causing massive bleeding- it is unsure if he will live. Unfortunate, since I was counting on him passing his Hammering skills on to the rest of the squad.

In other news, I downloaded Soundsense and I've been having a grand old time with that.
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 3842