Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6126409 times)

Ragingpantsless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14775 on: July 23, 2011, 10:01:52 pm »

Lost a fortress to a metallic fb. Started again, though this time I know what I'm going to get into. Rhino hunting for fun and some profit.
"And if you look down in the boiler chamber, you'll see that our hot spring is powered by an ancient, unholy, cramped and extremely pissed forgotten beast."

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14776 on: July 23, 2011, 10:04:38 pm »

My palisade is complete and I've managed to make a well and operational gate from stone I've imported for mechanisms. I'm now working on the grog hall/brothel/HeadQuarters, and then I'm going to tackle the waves and see if I can get that dock built without having my dwarves all swept out to sea.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

TheeBaconman

• Bay Watcher
  • Topics normally misunderstood. Dabbling worder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14777 on: July 24, 2011, 12:06:16 am »

Made my mostly one layer fort. Focusing on building a small castle on the surface. The undergournd has all my industries, and the top has my troops and aminals. Now I'm building floors on the outer edges of the walls to stack statues on them, so they know that this is THE dwarven castle in Mortalcudgels. Mainly now I'm doing mood control, I've luckily been able to satisfy all moods for my important smith and military dwarves.

My military has been reorganized so former "wrestlers" now have a weapon and shield, instead of just a shield. I think I remember now that dwarves punch just fine with hands full, yeah not really "wrestlers" at all. I've reworked uniforms on my squads that had only a foreign weapon assigned for a uniform, along with my cloak wearing bare hands Justice/home guard squad. Ok, I actually watched them get eradicated by the goblin ambushes and the 1st small siege.

Just fought off the Ogress part of my 2nd siege, a couple broke through and toppled some statues and broke a few workshops. Took forever to kill. The other siegers seem content to sit on their mounts and do nothing, which I'm glad for. Now everything has gone practically back to normal. Just have to make sure I don't go too far north or SW from my fort.
"A stupid is, a stupid dies." -Tribes 2

Think of the children?!
You sick freak.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14778 on: July 24, 2011, 12:35:25 am »

I accidentally savescummed.  That is, an ugly siege wiped out most of my military, and then my game crashed before I could save.  I'm a little bummed, since I was looking forward to engraving these war-stories, but at least I have my military back.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

D3895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14779 on: July 24, 2011, 12:50:50 am »

"Oh hello migrant, welcome to Brainanguish. Everything here is made of rock salt. Everything."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #14780 on: July 24, 2011, 01:00:59 am »

The duck then dodged goblin arrows and made it into the fortress safely (and completely uninjured) and the goblins found themselves in a meat grinder.

Go little ducky go!

-snip-
Could also be that goring with horns counts as a blunt attack for some strange reason, and the duck's feathers act as adequate protection from that sort of thing.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14781 on: July 24, 2011, 01:10:15 am »

I started up a new fort after having not played in a long time, and can't remember a fortress ever starting so well. Nothing particularly awesome has happened yet (I'm only in the middle of the first summer) but my farms are up and running (which usually takes me until autumn to get around to). I also have three dwarves (out of 12) with armorsmithing as their highest moodable skills (although two of them have it tied with another metalsmithing skill), and my map has sand, clay, flux (chalk), and the very first non-soil tile I discovered was a hematite vein, which I have harvested enough of to equip four soldiers in full steel (once I make it). One of the metalsmiths is currently serving as my forgeworker and waiting for the wood to burn for fuel, while the other two are waiting for the steel to craft good things out of, and my two soldiers are waiting for their equipment. By autumn they'll be training and when the next migrants arrive two of them will join the army and ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN. This is a great feeling.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:12:01 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TheeBaconman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14782 on: July 24, 2011, 02:04:40 am »

Another siege came, and it was larger than the previous ones combined (and some of the 2nd are still there). The Ogresses served as a distraction and set off the stone traps, then the hammermen and swordsman came in to do the actual damage. I was able to seal off the off the fort from the surface castle. My entire military is dead, animals mutilated, surface furniture strewn about. These filthy invaders now are still within the castle walls or loitering.

I was starting to hate the gobbos for killing my military dwarves. But now I have been shamed! In my own house! *teeth grind*

I didn't want to do it this fort, but it is TIME!! We are breaking the clear glass, and ordering the red lever to be pulled.... on repeat.

The Super Soldier Project is now a go!

I embarked near a gobbo fortress for fun, and I got it. One good load of !!FUN!!. And in a few months, it will be a lot more fun.

*long echoing evil laugh* I hope they stay for the party.

Think of the children?!
You sick freak.

Alloran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14783 on: July 24, 2011, 02:19:07 am »

So I finally learned how to danger room. My squad of immigrants that just arrived are suddenly legendary in everything. Though their pets died terribly, my give-a-damn about that seems to be broken.

Also I seem to have more gold than I could possibly know what to do with, so I'm flooring and walling my entire entry way in the stuff. Makes a nice colour with the red Kaldonite (or however its spelled) trade depot.

TheeBaconman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14784 on: July 24, 2011, 02:28:49 am »

So I finally learned how to danger room. My squad of immigrants that just arrived are suddenly legendary in everything. Though their pets died terribly, my give-a-damn about that seems to be broken.

Also I seem to have more gold than I could possibly know what to do with, so I'm flooring and walling my entire entry way in the stuff. Makes a nice colour with the red Kaldonite (or however its spelled) trade depot.

Kaolinite?

Think of the children?!
You sick freak.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14785 on: July 24, 2011, 03:02:49 am »

Breached the third layer in my quest for magma but. . . .no magma? Is the magma sea under the third layer?

tmrt

• Bay Watcher
  • Black-Clad Voyeur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14786 on: July 24, 2011, 03:10:26 am »

Lost a blue peafowl to badgers, had militia commander to strangle three of them to death.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14787 on: July 24, 2011, 03:23:17 am »

Planning on starting the keep portion of BearSeals. Getting kind of crowded, space is at a premium until I punch through the aquifer. The good news? I'm close!

Drawbridge from the little hill I started on to the nearby hillside, with marksdwarf emplacements and spikes underneath.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14788 on: July 24, 2011, 06:00:24 am »

Discovered the cavern layers today.

I had just started my fortress.

Dug through two layers of sand, two of rock... and found caverns.

And a magma pipe.

And the magma sea.

What.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14789 on: July 24, 2011, 06:08:07 am »

Just had a fatal tantrum spiral. All because I forgot to properly dismantle the failed magma exploitation system and it collapsed on a mason and the doctor, which stopped anyone who got wounded by the accident from getting treatment. Then the sole military dwarf, outfitted in steel and wielding a spear went nuts. It took the rest of the fort and the lives of 3 to take her down. Tried to separate my dwarves into my waiting panic rooms but melancholy, wounds and sadness stopped them from getting to the separate rooms before more went nuts.
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 3842