Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125978 times)

Captain Insano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14700 on: July 20, 2011, 05:05:09 pm »

I just had a mood and the dwarf created something I find a bit interesting.

I all it the Paridoxifact.
"Welcome to the fort, Migrants" *SLAM* "Welcome to the fort, Migrants" *SLAM* "Welcome to the fort, Migrants" *SLAM*

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14701 on: July 20, 2011, 05:08:31 pm »

Haha I got one of them, it's a silver shield.  With a picture of itself on it.  I imagine it looks like a bullseye.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14702 on: July 20, 2011, 05:10:16 pm »

got bored of my 20 year fortress and i wasnt even using cage traps

lifes no fun unless you can go on a conquest of other people's shit

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14703 on: July 20, 2011, 06:26:27 pm »

Elves just brought me a really fat Tigerman.  If I can figure out how to name him, I'll call him Garfield.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14704 on: July 20, 2011, 07:21:46 pm »

I took up the former wicked brute lair as a fort and reclaimed all of the butchering products and tools. I have enough food that I need not worry about farming for it, but I still need to brew the plants.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14705 on: July 20, 2011, 07:56:51 pm »

A tantruming dwarf tried to kick a baby, but it rolled out of the way, then latched on firmly to that same leg and somehow ripped it clean off.

I don't even know how this happened, but I'm setting that child up as the avatar of armok and as soon as he's an adult he's getting thrown in the danger room until he can dodge like neo.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14706 on: July 20, 2011, 09:36:25 pm »

Elves just brought me a really fat Tigerman.  If I can figure out how to name him, I'll call him Garfield.

DFFusion might be able to help you there.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14707 on: July 20, 2011, 09:36:37 pm »

I just breached the second cavern layer, and am working on getting to the third. Magma and tons of armor and weapons, here I come!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14708 on: July 20, 2011, 09:54:49 pm »

There was a FB with a syndrome. I killed it and put my soldiers in isolation, and they rotted on the floor. But what I did'nt know was that a cat had survived the FB's attack earlier and made it to the fort before dying.

One in-game month later, 182 dwarfs are dead. There's 8 survivors, in the upper Bunker.

I think I should consider this as a fresh start.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14709 on: July 20, 2011, 09:58:48 pm »

That would make a decent plot for a movie.

"The soldiers fought it, fought it hard. Once it was down, they were put into confinement so they never spread... It...

But there was one animal that had the infection still. One lone animal.

This lone animal brought the entire fortress to it's knees, will the residents survive or is it another fortress lost?"

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14710 on: July 20, 2011, 11:29:04 pm »

QuakeWinds, my new story fort, has had an interesting first year so far.  3 simultaneous werewolf attacks, early iron, early flux (marble), and I have a bitchin apartment complex that will house up to 80 dwarves in comfort in the works.

Then, the dwarven caravan arrived and didn't bring any booze.  What kind of so called "Dwarven" caravan doesn't bring any booze?  Or did they simply drink it all?  My moneys on option 2.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14711 on: July 20, 2011, 11:51:46 pm »

A glass forgotten beast sporting deadly dust. The dust makes every part of your body swell up and eventually bleed out. I sealed off most of the area where the fighting went down, but it remains to be seen how much syndrome made it back. This fortress may end a poisonous hole in the ground.

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14712 on: July 21, 2011, 08:21:21 am »

Well for the first time in a while ive actually got a steel clad military set up with several legendary hammerdwarves with silver hammers. As I started work on my archers the militia captain went outside to pick up a cloak that was dropped by a goblin. A little kid was following him outside and just as an ettin attacked the fortress, he beat the crap out of a random dog then went after the kid, and my militia captain, who had no weapons equipped and not even half of his armor charged straight for it punching the crap out of it till my military arrived.

The kid may have two broken legs and two broken arms but hes still alive thanks to the militia captain, the most badass archer ive ever had.
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #14713 on: July 21, 2011, 09:29:00 am »

Goblins attacked in force and I thought that my pathetic militia would be massacred, but it turned out that the goblins were suffering from the same problem as I. Complete lack of bronze, iron and steel. both armies were armed with mostly copper weapons and no metal armor. I lost 33% percent of my military including mace lord who dodged arrow into pond. Goblins were sent running, but the stuff they dropped was even worse than the stuff my militia was armed with.

I wonder if this world has any iron at all!?  :P
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14714 on: July 21, 2011, 09:52:45 am »

Murakgoden/Boldropes has had its first true war today.

Goblin General Atu Menacedskinny came leading fifteen marksgoblins, an axe lord with fifteen axegoblins and a troll squad including a Troll Shearer and Troll Furnace Operator.

Boldropes' army numbers 39.
The Diamond Gods - the most powerful squad by far were down in the caverns and didn't make it in time for the alert...
The Crystalline Entries - the second most powerful squad with a permanent barracks in the first cavern layer only managed to field four of ten of their warriors.
The Nets of Gilding - Five marksdwarves who were mowed down by the axe lord.
The Stormy Pages - well trained but untested soldiers, plus a one armed Swordmaster by the name of Udib Churchtongs leading them.
The Workers of Work - mainly novice and dabbling fresh recruits.

NoG, Stormy and Workers made it out first, along with the first of the Crystalline. They were stationed behind a wall to prevent marksgoblins fighting them- though the goblins took the hill above the fort and ripped into the NoG. 3 fell near instantly, and two hung on. Stormy were nearly wiped out by the troll army as were the majority of the War Animals (Grizzlys, Elephants, the famed War Troglodyte Minkot Adiloslan and many more)

By the time Crystalline's main force and the first of the Diamond Gods had arrived, the siege was broken. Udib had fallen. The crippled goblin general pulled himself away.

All in all, Boldropes lost 18 casualties. Two civilians and 16 fighters. Along with that are three soldiers grievously wounded, of whom one is expected to survive.
Poorly prepared for a true siege- will have to remove that hill near the courtyard to prevent enemies raining fire down from above, and am going to need to make a containment section in the courtyard.

I'd call this a Pyrrhic Victory for Boldropes. :-/

Minkot Adiloslan, War Troglodyte was sadly struck down today, by a Giant cave spider. We'll miss you, little buddy.
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 3842