Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125513 times)

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14580 on: July 14, 2011, 10:16:35 pm »

I just figured out that I can make goblin walls by building goblin cages then pouring water over them with a bucket brigade to create ice walls.

:o
You should make your drink stockpile in a room made out of these.
Or your entire fortress.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14581 on: July 14, 2011, 10:47:46 pm »

I suggest that you don't put that table anywhere near anything that can ever be set on fire. Ever. If you ignite it, it'll burn indefinitely, and chances are, dwarves will still try to eat at it.

...Wait a minute, that's an excellent idea, if restricted to a noble. Do so immediately.

I'm having Mexican Restaurant flashbacks.

"The Fajita skillet is muy caliente, senor, cuidado!"  What do I do, of course?  Adjust the skillet with my fingers without thinking, and end up with sore fingertips.

Except, in this case it would be...

Mr Mayor, the table is on fire, please don't sit too close...

Burning lignite or coal artifact furniture is great for water traps too!
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Kattel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14582 on: July 15, 2011, 03:32:15 am »

an ettin just charged across my dodge trap.....one of his his heads almost made it back out of the pit
Invaders: Our arrows will blot out the sun!
Me: Then we will fight in the SLADE.
I fear that each time it tolled out the hour, some part of our souls would mournfully yearn: "A puppy should have died just now, but didn't."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14583 on: July 15, 2011, 04:00:25 am »

The mayor who is one of the Original Seven I have just sentenced to death for putting our multiple legendary weapon/armoursmith Reg Kezatkivish in jail for 101 days.
He's been replaced by someone else.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #14584 on: July 15, 2011, 06:35:34 am »

The base of the mountain, and entrance to most of my fort, is littered with eagle and badger corpses.  We'll eat hearty tonight!

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14585 on: July 15, 2011, 06:55:19 am »

Paving over the 30x40 obsidian mixing chamber, then destroying pavement, in order to clean up hidden rocks that were apparently created at some point.  Thankfully I have 40 children to help me destroy things.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14586 on: July 15, 2011, 08:18:18 am »

Fought off several ambushes, though not without casualties. Somehow my entire pasture and just about all my livestock managed to catch fire. My military responded with all due speed though. The only loss there was the new guy in the hammerdwarf squad. I commend him on his speedy response to the alert, not so much on the decision to charge 10 goblins without any pants on...
Urist McDwarf cancels wear pants: Just because

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #14587 on: July 15, 2011, 08:20:52 am »

There are so many dead eagles, badgers, elves, Minotaurs and crundles on the ground around my mountain fort that i have 7 butcher shops working flat out constantly.  I wonder what the trade caravans think, considering the depot's in the middle of this horrible field of death?

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14588 on: July 15, 2011, 12:02:36 pm »

"The King has arrived with his full entourage!  You are now a mountainhome!"

Eeeeeeeee!  I've never gotten one before!
And, since my civ doesn't have a king, I still don't.  But, at least they sent me a few legendary soldiers.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Jaxicat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14589 on: July 15, 2011, 12:22:57 pm »

Well, looks like I have some work ahead of me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14590 on: July 15, 2011, 12:56:36 pm »

Child went into a fey mood.  Wants body parts, rock blocks and logs.  I have all those, but he seems to want something specific.

edit:  False Alarm.  Seems the kid wanted Rooster Bone, which I had, only it was stored inside a rooster.  Made a bitchin Goblin Bone War hammer.

http://i.imgur.com/bz536.png
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:07:50 pm by Gyvon »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14591 on: July 15, 2011, 02:49:48 pm »

so...forgotten beasts with wings come in. i start thinking i have a leaked cavern layer somewhere.
as i start ruling out staircases, i discover my main one finished in a big hell of a jump straight into the second one...and it was the first i had ruled out as impossible.
Luckily, i did actually manage to kill all the forgotten beasts...but had one flying with deadly syndrome come through...it would have been the end.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14592 on: July 15, 2011, 05:35:28 pm »

expanding my magma lake.
lol,elves are gonna be pissed.
I am a Goober.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14593 on: July 15, 2011, 06:19:05 pm »

I was building a wall and a certain part had exactly one unmade section. As soon as my dwarves are out of that area, two raccoons charge in through the unmade wall. They grab a pair of gloves and high tail it out of there. I found it adorable.
I'm also turning a night creature I slew in adventure's lair (took 3 advens) and turning it into a tomb. I'd been busy planning other things when I noticed a tree grew in there ??? Upon further inspection I realized my tomb was Inside,Light with a natural ceiling! As soon as we establish our-self more I'm going to build a temple dedicated to this fake hill.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

HunterBlackLuna

• Bay Watcher
  • [REQUIRES_LNP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14594 on: July 15, 2011, 07:02:39 pm »

The Gobbers are finally getting feisty. And by feisty, we're talking five and a half pages of invaders on the units screen. They can't get in and we're just kind of waiting for them to go home. The only crimp Anusdimple's got with the whole siege business is that we're out of lumber. I tried to trick them into coming into my courtyard and trapping the whole force in there until they died, but they won't enter unless they have an actual path to the fortress. That would entail opening the inner gate and giving them their straight shot.

If I get the timing right, we trap pages of Gobbers and rofl at them as they die of thirst. If I get the timing wrong? My eleven dorfs in leather probably won't hold them. I think I'll play it safe unless this goes on for too long.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 07:06:56 pm by HunterBlackLuna »
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 3842