Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 923 924 [925] 926 927 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6117190 times)

Lost_Deep

• Bay Watcher
  • Do deep things think the sun is a large lemon?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #13860 on: June 10, 2011, 07:52:57 am »

Good news: all my dwarfs are now comforted by a waterfall every time they walk up or down my central stairs.

Bad news: I do not have a waterfall near my central stairs.

Good news: no one uses the bottom layer of my fort, anyway.
...being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.
...but what does [LAYER_LINKED] actually do?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13861 on: June 10, 2011, 08:07:59 am »

i started a new fort and saw that my civ had giant tigers, giant leopards, giant jaguars, giant cheetahs and rhinoceroses and elephants and giraffes and lions and regular tigers. I took a few of most. Thank god for being able to change the embark points.

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13862 on: June 10, 2011, 08:53:46 am »

Hmmmm, chocolate. :P
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13863 on: June 10, 2011, 09:11:06 am »

Hmmmm, chocolate. :P
You get to experience an underground grass fire!
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13864 on: June 10, 2011, 09:33:12 am »

I embarked on an area with chalk and limonite.
Considering I have modded in limonite coupons which you can swap for limonite, I'm probably gonna be producing a crapton of steel.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13865 on: June 10, 2011, 12:27:02 pm »

I embarked on a flat area with more gold ore than I could ever find a use for.
Unfortunately this also means I was victim to a goblin ambush MUCH earlier than expected. I'd barely dug out my main fortress before my bumbling wrestlers get perforated by dozens of arrows.

The Human caravan that was there at the time were not much help.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13866 on: June 10, 2011, 01:02:21 pm »

A forgotten beast came from the caverns, I ordered everyone up, but my miner was trapped by the beast. Against all odds, he alone destroyed 5 of its 6 legs and escaped. Then my military finished it off without problems. And then I found adamantium. And then I opened hell. And then the goblins sieged me. I closed up the fort but let the demons invade, and as they were eating dwarf meat on my legendary dinning room the game crashed...
Reloaded and as soon as hell was opened I pinched the magma pool and now lots of magma are flowing down the spire. Are the demons magmasafe?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #13867 on: June 10, 2011, 01:05:22 pm »

A forgotten beast came from the caverns, I ordered everyone up, but my miner was trapped by the beast. Against all odds, he alone destroyed 5 of its 6 legs and escaped. Then my military finished it off without problems. And then I found adamantium. And then I opened hell. And then the goblins sieged me. I closed up the fort but let the demons invade, and as they were eating dwarf meat on my legendary dinning room the game crashed...
Reloaded and as soon as hell was opened I pinched the magma pool and now lots of magma are flowing down the spire. Are the demons magmasafe?
Demons are magmaproof, yes.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13868 on: June 10, 2011, 01:05:30 pm »

...Oh yes they are magmasafe!  :D

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13869 on: June 10, 2011, 01:13:59 pm »

...Oh yes they are magmasafe!  :D

Dump some water on them, too. Demons may be magma-safe, but I imagine getting cast into obsidian will really ruin their day.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13870 on: June 10, 2011, 01:28:54 pm »

Well it was too late to drop water on them too, only 2 dwarves left (from over 100), I hope the elven caravan that is right now on the depot get killed too

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13871 on: June 10, 2011, 02:41:28 pm »

Mafol the Ghostly Axedwarf keeps toppling the coffin I want to bury his body in.  He's not bothering anybody else, hasn't even come up into the main fort at all, but he keeps knocking over coffins.  I guess he doesn't wanna go anywhere right now.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13872 on: June 10, 2011, 03:40:31 pm »

I sent the miner (Picksecrets) to dig a nice little injury-inducing room, which will drop people a few floors right next to the hospital. He of course got injured and healed.

After a while he... just didn't move. Why? he's been estatic, fully healed, and so forth. Apparently the doctor "Bustdrilled" just left him in the traction bench. Sure, he feels fine, and he's plenty happy. However, he was also attached to a rack for a few months in a closed room. I had to order someone to take apart the traction bench to get him out.

He finished digging some things before promptly getting married to the mason "Shockedcraft". They held a wonderful celebration next to a dog cage.

meanwhile my wonderful floor of strange moods is apparently ignored. Sure, I assign the crazy-eyed dwarf straight to the floor of pewter crafting stations and high-quality items, but they just go away. That's ok though, because my mechanic just gave me "The Elder Ravager", a rock salt mechanism encircled with bands of birch and garnet, mesnacing with spikes of rock salt and alpaca wool. rock salt was unavoidable (it's the only real stone I have), and all of the other things were just awesome. Birch = best wood. Alpaca wool = best wool (IMO). garnet = looks a little like blood, or perhaps the eye of Armok. I'll be sure to attach it to some huge trap that is used often.

The alligator in my water resevoir still needs a name btw, any ideas?

"A huge reptile, found in rivers and marshlands. It is an ambush predator, solitary and territorial. He isn't very muscular but has a gigantic build. His scales are gray. His eye are black".
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13873 on: June 10, 2011, 09:57:04 pm »

Kvetching over the vagaries of fate; I just got a mood. Whoopee. It's my armoursmith. HALLELUJAH! It's a possession. FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU- Best case scenario, I get a nifty piece of armour, worst case, I don't even get that. I'm trying to change it with Runesmith, but it keeps crashing when I try to switch the flag from Possessed to Fey.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13874 on: June 10, 2011, 10:25:26 pm »

The alligator in my water resevoir still needs a name btw, any ideas?

"A huge reptile, found in rivers and marshlands. It is an ambush predator, solitary and territorial. He isn't very muscular but has a gigantic build. His scales are gray. His eye are black".

How about:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.
Pages: 1 ... 923 924 [925] 926 927 ... 3842