Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 917 918 [919] 920 921 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6114475 times)

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #13770 on: June 02, 2011, 07:49:52 pm »

Digging the shafts. Fortress is a pattern of circular shafts going from the surface to the underworld. Aboveground, I'm building dough-nut towers around the pits, and putting walls between towers. Underground, I'm making several mini-forts with burrows, radiating out from the shaft.

That's hard to envisage but it sounds really interesting...

Screenshots pl0x?
[Signature]

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13771 on: June 02, 2011, 07:51:17 pm »

Jsut embarked in an evil area. Got attacked by skeletal stingrays, no problem. Dogs took them out.

Then, attacked by 5 skeletal chimpanzee's. Killed both dogs, and I had to emergency draft my miners and woodcutters to take them out.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

LuckyLuigi

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Ever Savescum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13772 on: June 02, 2011, 08:06:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:08:29 pm by LuckyLuigi »
Check out Time Denee's brilliant DF comics of Bronzemurder and Oilfurnace.

Batdwarf Forever !

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13773 on: June 02, 2011, 08:23:19 pm »

a dwarf drowned while chasing a kabold (it was stupid..) so when winter came I decided to dig him up at give him a proper burial. What I didn't realize is it had turned to a ghost and I was just releasing the ghost...
So, being entombed in ice is an effective burial? Interesting...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13774 on: June 02, 2011, 08:59:12 pm »

Humans, after being toss down a tower and benig brutally slaughtered, have decided to make piece. No idea of their civ sill find out though, as I'm half-sure the diplomat was killed in goblin ambushes.

Speaking of which, a child got caught in my trap room being shot by the goblins. I thought he died, but instead he somehow got into a cage. lucky little bastard. I only found out when he was stored on the top of the tower with the goblins. His right leg is "dented" in two place". Lucky bastard.

Hoping I get to a point that I can actually train those kids to be badasses, and make my fort of only those "pure" dwarves.

Also, gave away over 100,000 profit in lavish quarry bush leaf and sugar roasts. Why? because I need room to actually get my farms running again. I haven't grown anything in a while.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13775 on: June 02, 2011, 10:03:15 pm »

Damn wyvern flew into my meeting area before getting wrestled out of consciousness by my fortress guard. nobody is willing to lift a finger while it's around, but most of them go over and huddle by the guards while they keep it pinned. I'm calling off a militia squad to actually kill it before the butchered remains of its girlfriend rot away in the kitchen work area.

Siege hasn't budged in a month. They're not the type to just charge in and get themselves killed like goblins, although that is arguably more effective since I wouldnt have time to prepare my defenses. They'll just blunder across the cage trap field and I'll be left with a few new playthings for the militia.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

alesia

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:ANY_MAGMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13776 on: June 02, 2011, 10:06:43 pm »

The elves came to visit and bring their lumber, cloth, and various worthless trinkets.  I took the cloth and lumber, at least...

Then I sent our tall, pointy-eared friends home.  Through the deepest caverns.  With a few rutherers about.

They made it off the map safely, but whether they'll make it home is anyone's guess...

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13777 on: June 03, 2011, 01:08:48 am »

It's the end of the first year of my new fort and my miner got the first kill. Somehow a spear-wielding cave swallowman phased through solid rock and into where my miner was digging. The legendary miner mined body parts off of it and left a bloody mess.

I havent broken into the underground yet, but if any of my dwarves go near the spot he was digging they get poison darts blown at them through solid rock before one of them portals in. I just finished encasing my 5 military dwarves in iron so I will have them investigate this apparent wormhole.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13778 on: June 03, 2011, 01:17:53 am »

Just so you know, flyers can move diagonally upwards.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Ilikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13779 on: June 03, 2011, 02:09:42 am »

Just lost two axelord to poisonous vapor from a forgotten beast. Damn lung paralysing syndrom, my poor dwarf had no chance to survive that. !!FUN!!, or mostly, let the plague begin...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13780 on: June 03, 2011, 02:23:15 am »

Nationbridges is going quite well.
I'm super proud, as I finally worked out iron production, just like I said I would... But I forgot I didn't have any   
F%&#ing anvil! Waiting for the second caravan.
Only three dwarven deaths so far, a suicidal hunter way back at the beginning, a possessed and subsequently beserk miner, (Whoops, looks like I forgot about that guy. Uh oh, he's beserk...) and some stupid dyer who was so upset by the death of his miner friend that he decided to take it out on a nearby wardog.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My militia commander hacked off his limbs and claimed his -shellok shell helm- once he died. :P I like my militia commander.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13781 on: June 03, 2011, 09:29:31 am »

I have 79 females and 21 males. At least now I won't have to worry about the species going extinct, I guess.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13782 on: June 03, 2011, 10:33:26 am »

Currently designing and Building the Heart Machine deep within the earth to power the fortress. It runs on the blood of the earth, Pure Magma, and activates series after series of pressure plates to automate all processes in the fort, controls the water supply, the ice reformation, the ambient temperature, the overal fort's happiness will be directly tied to this machine, as will my hypothetical in-game spirit essence as the fortress finally becomes...

alive
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13783 on: June 03, 2011, 12:45:01 pm »

G-g-g-g-g... g-g-g-GHOSTS!!!!!!
I have nearly 200 coffins.  Almost all of them have dwarven bodies in them.  Still, I never seem to run out of murderous, violent, and sadistic ghosts.  They really love ripping people's feet off.

On a side note, I had a possessed leatherworker go berserk in his room, since I have no leather workshop.  I locked his door immediately, only to find that his wife was in there with him.  She ended up having to punch his skull through his brain.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:46:49 pm by BodyGripper »
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13784 on: June 03, 2011, 12:54:26 pm »

man, pumping the Magma I'm going to need from the Magma sea to the Heart Machine Chamber is going to suck. I regret letting my mechanical skills rust.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"
Pages: 1 ... 917 918 [919] 920 921 ... 3842