Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112537 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #13395 on: May 17, 2011, 02:04:41 pm »

I got a mechanic mood. I now have a legendary mechanic, a high master weaponsmith, flux, limonite and coal. That goblin pedo didn't stand a chance.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13396 on: May 17, 2011, 02:29:33 pm »

I just realized how dangerous 30 years of marriages, friends, and siblings can be in a fortress...unfortunately two dwarves were killed this year in goblin ambushes, and completely out of the blue their friend/sibling threw a tantrum.  No damage other than a gold door, and now she's happy thanks to a sublime Statue.

All deep-level exploratory mining is put on hold until further notice.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13397 on: May 17, 2011, 02:34:47 pm »

Flux stone, waterfall, limonite, native platinum, and no badgers to be seen.
This embark pleases me.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13398 on: May 17, 2011, 02:39:39 pm »

My castle is turning out far more phallic than I had intended it to.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #13399 on: May 17, 2011, 04:40:32 pm »

Well, Facepalm was highly successful. So, I decided to dig some cotton candy to make it more fun. It's very fun at the moment. Hopefully that fey child will go berserk.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13400 on: May 17, 2011, 05:46:35 pm »

I accidentally breached the caverns... which had five forgotten beasts roaming around it - designated some stairs i thought were safe, going through some pillars. So all of a sudden I look around and half of my topside courtyard is on fire, covered in smoke and two FBs are fighting simultaneously in my fort. They go down without much of a fight (one made of flame died after hitting something !).

Then one made of water got topside, spat out some crap amongst the flames and smoke... and DF crashed.

Last thing i looked at was a stack of things in one tile:

Blah the Forgotten Beast
Forgotten Beast Boiling extract
Smoke
Forgotten Beat Freezing Extract
A Fire
Blood
Grass

Thats a lot of stuff going on...

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13401 on: May 17, 2011, 05:56:02 pm »

Knowing that a true Dwarven leader must have a title, I sent my mayor to singlehandedly kill the elf traders. He brutally killed all five with his artifact lead warhammer.

He is now Stodir Orderguilds the Clean Wanderer of Drowning!

No, I don't get it, either.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13402 on: May 17, 2011, 06:13:27 pm »

Knowing that a true Dwarven leader must have a title, I sent my mayor to singlehandedly kill the elf traders. He brutally killed all five with his artifact lead warhammer.

He is now Stodir Orderguilds the Clean Wanderer of Drowning!

No, I don't get it, either.

It means he rides high and dry above his enemies, scything through them as they drown in their own blood.

:)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13403 on: May 17, 2011, 06:18:47 pm »

I had a legendary swordsdwarf lose his left foot to a crocodile. I chucked him back in the danger room to practice his crutch-walking. Meanwhile, my other military dwarf, a crossbowdwarf with an artifact steel crossbow, went forth and killed all of the human trading caravan that survived the drowning trap.

Buncha goblins showed up and were dissected by my other traps. Not much else happenin'.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13404 on: May 17, 2011, 07:44:26 pm »

Mother of god, this is the second siege this season. A squad of marksgobbos and arrow goblins. Best keep the marksdwarves behind the walls and let the traps do their work.

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13405 on: May 17, 2011, 07:54:41 pm »

Paintedseeds' magma death chamber switched over to filling from below and now fills up maybe twice as fast as before. Apparently even dropping the magma from above is not as fast as filling it from below, even though the pump is on in both cases. The magma pipes used to fill the death chamber will soon be tapped in order to move the magma furnace industry away from the caverns. Had to put down a ghost recently because it killed one of the growing number of skilled glassmakers. I don't want anything to slow down the accelerating glass industry: right now Paintedseeds has 304 green glass blocks and construction on an above-ground large green glass structure is beginning. By the time I abandon I intend to have green glass lined halls, a green glass "castle" and a marble parthenon on top of the (mirthful) mountain summit.

In other boring news a breeding pair of reindeer were purchased a year ago and there are now 20+ reindeer. I'm also thinking of finding a single male dwarf, putting his bed in the same room as the duchess's, and getting them hitched up. No, the parallels are not lost on me.

The human diplomats are beginning to weird me out. Each year a different individual arrives, each one a law-giver. I thought law-givers were equivalent to kings, but I guess not. Every time they say "It's such a pleasant place you've carved out for yourselves..." and I imagine this with an italian accent. Stupid humans with their long limbs and larger yet still proportional heads think they can bully us just because we're short. Well I've had enough of it. The next "diplomat" gets tossed down a magma chasm. THIS. IS. PAINTEDSEEDS!
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13406 on: May 17, 2011, 08:20:25 pm »

Oh lol. Last time I didn't get a chance to see what the Blizzard men were really made of, so when they came back around again I once again became a little concerned.

My copper serrated disks just bisected TWO of them in quick succession. :D

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13407 on: May 17, 2011, 10:30:31 pm »

I just got minced by a bunch of goblins with whips. Which is really, really annoying. I lost five of my eight axedwarves. Thankfully, the traders were outside with big nasty weapons.

I told the bastards back home to bring me axes next time they came... so they brought wooden spears. Goddamn it.

I'm trying to get my bloody iron production up and running - I'm sitting on top of the biggest goddamn haematite deposit in the known universe - but by God are my miners picky about their shift times! Once it's up and running, I'll start pumping out iron armour for my army... and nice fat iron axes. Give my weaponsmith and armoursmith something to do, y'know?

And twice now I've had to carve out a hospital. Crashes suck.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #13408 on: May 18, 2011, 03:12:48 am »

I wish I had trouble getting iron because of Dorfs partying, theres no metal of any value on this map when it comes to making weapons and armor. I have militia cladded in copper breastplates and armed with bronze weapons from goblins.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13409 on: May 18, 2011, 06:52:48 am »

Hell, I wish it was parties too. Instead I swear my dwarves are juggling mushrooms. They're all eternally on 'hauling' missions... but everything is where it's meant to be.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 3842