Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111114 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #13095 on: May 06, 2011, 11:49:19 am »

snip
I once had a Dwarf-slaying Giant Bat deep in my caverns. Its weapon was a pair of trousers.
It pants'd your fort.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13096 on: May 06, 2011, 12:07:38 pm »

It only got one not-very-important Dwarf before I had it smooshed.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13097 on: May 06, 2011, 12:24:01 pm »

In a brief test, I gave dwarves [CANNOT_UNDEAD] and embarked. I killed a total of 20 dwarves for !!!SCIENCE!! before one came back as a ghost.

Mcducks22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13098 on: May 06, 2011, 01:07:16 pm »

Out of curiosity, I looked up the minotaur in legends, and found something very interesting. For the past 250 years, this minotaur has preyed on one race and one race only: elves.

I scrolled through 16 pages of this thing killing and fighting elf after elf after elf. Maybe I was too rash to kill it. It could have been a powerful ally. :P

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13099 on: May 06, 2011, 01:08:41 pm »

Out of curiosity, I looked up the minotaur in legends, and found something very interesting. For the past 250 years, this minotaur has preyed on one race and one race only: elves.

I scrolled through 16 pages of this thing killing and fighting elf after elf after elf. Maybe I was too rash to kill it. It could have been a powerful ally. :P
He should be cremated in magma for his greatness.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13100 on: May 06, 2011, 01:51:29 pm »

I'm no longer trapped in my fort by goblins, my four, iron-clad, danger room trained militia slaughtered the last ambush in seconds and all has been quiet since.  In the meantime, I've drafted 10 useless immigrants and sent them to mine out the soil around my bridge in order to build their strength, endurance, and agility for my future super soldiers.

In the mean time I've worked on expanding my above-ground fort and power training my siege engineers with a specialized siege archery range (doesn't consume ammunition as far as I can tell.)  Also, I found out Cavy's are just guinea pigs, and hence the 20+ of them I have are completely useless.  They've all been given the axe.

Edit:
Turns out the wiki is correct in that Cavy's only drop one skull when butchered.  Totems anyone?
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13101 on: May 06, 2011, 02:06:45 pm »

I witness the horror of 20 rabbits reproducing.
I have so many bunny skulls I could make a totem as tall as one of Armok's whiskers.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13102 on: May 06, 2011, 03:15:24 pm »

I'm building a 10-Z high Microcline execution tower out in front of my fortress. As I'm putting the finishing touches on the roof, I notice a Blue jay has made its way onto the first floor. He seems trapped in there, along with my war dog, though by what means the dog got in there I have no idea.

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13103 on: May 06, 2011, 06:48:10 pm »

New fort... dug down, found a magma pipe into a cavern with an antman civ (bunch of ants standing around some leather - not that i left the entrance open long enough to say hello)

4 FB cavern spawns later and the antman queen has finally died

I'm engraving a memorial slab to her - i'll build her a tomb and put the FB corpses in there with her... she may not have been a dwarf but she deserves some serious respect. Usteximox d. 23rd Mal 161

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13104 on: May 06, 2011, 07:13:19 pm »

The Forgotten Beast Urbed Shoneththudel Omsos Zitha has come! A gigantic beaver composed of salt.  It has two narrow tails and it has a gaunt appearance.

He promptly ran off towards the amphibian men and was killed by wooden spears.  He is now a pile of salt.

Also it appears Sazir, one of my founding 7 and my Barony, has gone stark raving mad.  Turns out the lack of a proper bedroom really nagged at him.  I think this will set back my standing with the mountain home quite a bit.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 07:20:53 pm by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13105 on: May 06, 2011, 07:34:05 pm »

A dwarf by the name of Bembul Mountainmurders just showed up in a migrant wave.  She has a little bit of macedwarf skill, and I just got an artifact mace.  So I'm calling her "The Chosen One".
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Scheming Koala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13106 on: May 06, 2011, 07:42:28 pm »

Embarked on a glacier with a volcano for the first time and right when i started my expedition leader somehow fell into a 4 z layer deep pool and was encased in ice in 2 seconds

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13107 on: May 06, 2011, 09:20:41 pm »

A child just grabbed a stack of 114 forgotten beast bones for his strange mood as his main ingredient, I'm hoping for a throne  :D

Edit: aw, a bracelet.  At least it references the founding of my fort along with my artifact gold mace.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:26:03 pm by drkpaladin »

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #13108 on: May 06, 2011, 09:58:28 pm »

Starting a new fort, trying to usher in strange moods in such a way that I can construct a dining room with furniture made entirely from elf bones.
Also, attempting a water-pressurized elephant cannon.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13109 on: May 07, 2011, 03:53:18 am »

I'm being sieged by goblins and humans.  I think this is a first for me.  However, I'm sealed up for the time being.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 3842