Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 856 857 [858] 859 860 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5978684 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12855 on: April 23, 2011, 02:21:51 pm »

I am currently setting things up, well I have an aquifer to get past, but I've started on my power plant (from the river draining through a manmade hole into the aquifer ^^) so I might be able to get pumpin'.

On the other hand I have loads of wood and 10 pieces of bit. coal (from embark), so... wood fort!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12856 on: April 23, 2011, 02:24:18 pm »

(My fortress now contains 96 fewer dwarves than the 96 it had a couple of minutes ago)
Mind if I use that particular quote in my sig?  ;D
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12857 on: April 23, 2011, 02:25:38 pm »

It appears the guy who killed the forgotten beast singlehandedly is going to die for it. The beast had poisonous gas, which I didn't worry about because it only gave him a fever at first, but now he's numb too, and spends his time mindlessly wandering the caverns.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12858 on: April 23, 2011, 02:37:10 pm »

It appears the guy who killed the forgotten beast singlehandedly is going to die for it. The beast had poisonous gas, which I didn't worry about because it only gave him a fever at first, but now he's numb too, and spends his time mindlessly wandering the caverns.
Also happening to me.
Bad news: shit, that FB's made of coke and it can fly! Oh, and poisonous vapors.
Good news: the 3 soldiers that laid their hands on it dispatched it pretty damn quickly.
Worse news: is that their brain that's rotting? Oops, three less dorfs. We hardly knew ye, guys.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12859 on: April 23, 2011, 03:54:21 pm »

(My fortress now contains 96 fewer dwarves than the 96 it had a couple of minutes ago)
Mind if I use that particular quote in my sig?  ;D

It would be an honour, good sir. Sig away!

In related news, I tried reclaiming my fortress and the beasties killed my entire embark group in about 30 seconds. Will they go away if I play a fortress somewhere else for a few years?

Another interesting thing is that the goblin horde that had been rampaging outside my gates when I got crushed were all marked as 'friendly' when I got there. I didn't have time to see if that held true though.
[Signature]

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12860 on: April 23, 2011, 04:43:50 pm »

Miner:  Help!  I'm stuck in a channel!  I haven't eaten in weeks, and I'm severely dehyrated!
Overseer:  Don't worry, good sir!  I've found the quickest way out - all you need to do is dig an upward ramp right there in the designated spot.
Miner:  Are you kidding me?!  I'm on break!  Don't make me call the union.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12861 on: April 23, 2011, 04:51:34 pm »

Decided to embark on a volcano inside a lake. Discover the lake is frozen and my STUPID STUPID DWARVES parked right on top of it. Race against time to fill a stockpile and get everyone underground before everything thaws. Computer has now been frozen for the past two minutes. I expect to see at least four drownings and my animals are probably gone, too.

EDIT: Now I'm getting cave-in warnings everywhere. The volcano opening is actually UNDER water level, so now water is rushing into the pipe and sinking. I wonder how long this will keep up...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 05:17:34 pm by bucket »

NieXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • NieXS' Domain
« Reply #12862 on: April 23, 2011, 05:42:30 pm »

There are two forgotten beasts chillin' in my first cavern. Both of them have poisonous gas attacks, so I'm not exactly eager to send my melee dwarves down there. Is there an easy way to check if they can fly, so my marksdwarves can deal with them easily?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12863 on: April 23, 2011, 05:45:29 pm »

Also happening to me.
Bad news: shit, that FB's made of coke and it can fly! Oh, and poisonous vapors.
Good news: the 3 soldiers that laid their hands on it dispatched it pretty damn quickly.
Worse news: is that their brain that's rotting? Oops, three less dorfs. We hardly knew ye, guys.

made of coke

made of coke

You have two options.

A: Light the beast on fire and roast marshmallows in the posionous vapors.

B: Catch it and give the beast to a mob boss for "disposal". Which coincidentally doesn't mean execution and subsequent hiding of the body, unless you count hiding under "going quite quickly up ones nose".
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12864 on: April 23, 2011, 05:48:34 pm »

There are two forgotten beasts chillin' in my first cavern. Both of them have poisonous gas attacks, so I'm not exactly eager to send my melee dwarves down there. Is there an easy way to check if they can fly, so my marksdwarves can deal with them easily?
Wings ([v] -> [w] ).

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12865 on: April 23, 2011, 06:48:20 pm »

In my current for, Tundrachanneled, which is basicaly a really weird +20 z level mountain with a volcano in it in the middle of a freezing tundra, one of my peasants got a fey mood and made a figurine of an elf being killed by a bronze colossus about 200 years ago. Then, right next to it, there's an image depicting the rise of a female dwarf as the queen of her civilization. I have no idea if there's a connection between the two events, but damn thats a nice artifact.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12866 on: April 23, 2011, 07:00:55 pm »

I just started a new fortress, and I got wiped out by some skeletal camels.

I went to reclaim, and the camels came for blood once again, leaving me with exactly two dorfs (and loads of cavy boars). Now... all I can do is pray.

EDIT: This is so sad... they both lost an arm in the camel attack, and now they're hauling bodies to a makeshift graveyard together. The last two dwarves in the world (not really, but shh...), piling together the ashes of their ruined (5-minute-old) fortress, hoping to sow the seed of civilisation anew.

EDIT 2: One of them killed the other and went insane. I seem to have just become the victim of a two-dwarf tantrum spiral. Oh well, time to reclaim :)

EDIT 3: Wow. I reclaimed with a single dwarf equipped and trained for fighting, and so far she has singlehandedly killed 5 skeletal camels and a leopard (with her bare hands). I think she may be mortally wounded though, and I will probably have to burrow underground until I have some more equipment.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 08:39:18 pm by Tharwen »
[Signature]

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12867 on: April 23, 2011, 07:11:40 pm »

Dear Humans
If you insist on bringing your caravans filled with LARGE crap i cant wear and 7 dozen splints in at the furthest possible point from my trade depot and get ambushed by gobbos it is NOT MY PROBLEM. Bringing your war elephants and giant badgers to protest only supplies my larder (yes, you ignore the traps - but you cannot ignore a diverted river). Please stop - I have bigger problems (namely one poison spewing giant tick). Maybe I should introduce your next diplomat...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #12868 on: April 23, 2011, 08:23:25 pm »

Also happening to me.

made of coke

made of coke

You have two options.

A: Light the beast on fire and roast marshmallows in the posionous vapors.

B: Catch it and give the beast to a mob boss for "disposal". Which coincidentally doesn't mean execution and subsequent hiding of the body, unless you count hiding under "going quite quickly up ones nose".

Drugs are bad for you kids- this message brought to you by Dwarf Fortress.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12869 on: April 23, 2011, 09:37:10 pm »

In Dwarf Fortress, coke smokes you? :P
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.