Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6123911 times)

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12840 on: April 23, 2011, 06:15:29 am »

...son of a bitch

i bought an aluminum ingot to make a statue to sell to people from the humans, and i forgot to forbid it, my mason just grabbed it and used it to make spikes on a magnetite floodgate...that has an image of some dwarf in two different materials, not one in my fort either

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12841 on: April 23, 2011, 08:01:54 am »

i just discovered that all my statues in my fort, my GOLD and PLATINUM statues...are statues of flies...
i'm getting worried about a possible "lord of flies" thing...
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12842 on: April 23, 2011, 08:15:47 am »

lol...my metalsmith keeps making statues of ok, the god of fortresses...i keep melting them, because they arent f*cking MASTERFUL statues of ok...once i fill my statue garden with them, then i'll let him make sub par items...

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12843 on: April 23, 2011, 08:56:05 am »

Be warned: once I designed to melting entire stockpile of masterwork meltable items.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12844 on: April 23, 2011, 09:01:48 am »

At year 13, this world witnesses its first siege ever!
... one recently recruited crossbowdorf died. No gobbo escaped alive.
At least, I got an extremely badass bone statue during it!  :D
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12845 on: April 23, 2011, 09:05:54 am »

Be warned: once I designed to melting entire stockpile of masterwork meltable items.
OUCH!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12846 on: April 23, 2011, 09:09:42 am »

i managed to trade off all silver items before my mayor imposed a mandate to prohibit export of such goods...i'm a ninja!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12847 on: April 23, 2011, 09:20:27 am »

i managed to trade off all silver items before my mayor imposed a mandate to prohibit export of such goods...i'm a ninja!

Isn't the mandate mechanic still 'be angry noble for anything of banned export material that leaves the map'?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12848 on: April 23, 2011, 09:26:05 am »

Isn't the mandate mechanic still 'be angry noble for anything of banned export material that leaves the map'?

That's ok. In the dead of night, a dwarf clothed in black will stab him in the back.

Ninja !

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12849 on: April 23, 2011, 10:02:50 am »

YA bugged siege (bug 4552). !!Fun!! part of bug: it is more challenging this way, as Tigerthings are refusing to go into dodge trap.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12850 on: April 23, 2011, 01:00:52 pm »

oh...then they won't leave the trade depot. Luckily It's in a chasm surrounded by flood gates behind whom lies pools of water. lot's of water. and the access to the trade depot is surrounded by 2 sides out of 4 of 1*5 bridges so once those are off the merchants can't leave, then i open the floodgates and the merchants fall to their death syphoned into a 5z deep pit, were they either die from the chute or drown from the 7/7 water on top of them. i then close the floodgates, if there are any survivors i wait diligently until they die of thirst or famine, then re-open the hatch to the down place, open another underground floodgate which will lead all the water which fell into a cistern, connected through a pump series back on top to refill the pools. And there we start again. i obviously send dwarfs to burrows when the entire process is activated...to avoid those adorable little Booze containers to drown themself. still no ghosts however...:/ no sieges even.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12851 on: April 23, 2011, 01:13:37 pm »

I seem to have just found my first HFS :D

I'm not sure though... don't spoil it. "Horrifying screams come from the darkness below". I hope that's a good thing...

Meanwhile, there's a siege outside, a titan just appeared, and work on my nature-fucking device (magma chute a la Boatmurdered) is progressing nicely.

EDIT: Loo(k)ing around, there seem to be an awful lot of nasty creatures down there. They also seem able to fly :o
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 01:22:03 pm by Tharwen »
[Signature]

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
  • I put on my robe and wizard hat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12852 on: April 23, 2011, 01:20:44 pm »

I'm not sure though... don't spoil it. "Horrifying screams come from the darkness below". I hope that's a good thing...

Meanwhile, there's a siege outside, a titan just appeared, and work on my nature-fucking device (magma chute a la Boatmurdered) is progressing nicely.

Sure! It's the happy little beasts of the earth that are coming to visit, excited about your presence. It will be so much !!fun!! !

...Literally. ;)

(Also, an update on what happened with the albatross-hunter... :S)
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12853 on: April 23, 2011, 01:23:27 pm »

Sure! It's the happy little beasts of the earth that are coming to visit, excited about your presence. It will be so much !!fun!! !

...Literally. ;)

Excellent! I'll just keep on naively mining out that delicious adamantine then.

Oh! I can hear the pitter-patter of their eager little excited feet! They're coming in n-AARGH FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK WHY IS THERE SO MUCH BLOOD THEY JUST KEEP COMING WHY WON'T THEY DIE

(My fortress now contains 96 fewer dwarves than the 96 it had a couple of minutes ago)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 01:48:47 pm by Tharwen »
[Signature]

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12854 on: April 23, 2011, 01:59:47 pm »

While my danger-room-trained dwarves killed a giagantic cycloptic spider without taking a single blow, an untrained marsdwarf without any bolts performed an equally impressive feat: killing a forgotten beast singlehandedly. To be fair, it was a quadroped made of mud, but it counts.

The greatest threat to my fortress so far, going by number of fatalities, has been a small hole in the ground. Due to a ramp and some rushing water, dwarves continually get sucked down there.

However, I have discovered adamnatine in the third cavern layer. Based on some warm stone, the magma sea is just below. I'll dump some water around the adamantine so I can dig out as much as possible.
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 3842