Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112179 times)

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12720 on: April 18, 2011, 06:51:40 am »

I had a scepter called Varnishedgold (or something like that) engraved with... a picture of Varnishedgold the scepter. WTF? The on the picture of the scepter there must be another picture of the scepter, and so on times infinity.

I dub it: The Scepter of Simulacre!

nucleus222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12721 on: April 18, 2011, 07:40:18 am »

I have successfully created a path to my fortress that can be trapped. Problem is that the traps and troops weren't ready when the goblins followed the path with no traps straight into my fort went from 65 Dwarves to 17 (2 are in hospital) so now we start the FUN

Gaspa Craftdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12722 on: April 18, 2011, 09:55:24 am »

Well my mechanic got a strange mood and wanted to make a mechanism or something, so he went and took all of the useless obsidian stones in my fort.

The result was a single obsidian mechanism, encrusted with obsidian, encircled with obsidian, adorned with hanging rings of obsidian, menaces with spikes of obsidian, and layered with 150+ redundant pictures of historic events in obsidian.  I have no idea how a mechanism would work with all that crap tacked onto it.

It weighs as much as a normal obsidian mechanism. 

Shortly afterwards, I got a minotaur come in and walk straight into one of my cage traps like a chump.  It was a good day.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12723 on: April 18, 2011, 10:09:33 am »

I just had a collapse sever a half-completed bridge in half, the loose half fell and punched through a magma reservoir (to pump from for obsidian casting, 15 high 10 wide 18 z-levels deep), flooding my fortress with searing magma in under two minutes.  I wonder if I set a record there.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #12724 on: April 18, 2011, 03:15:29 pm »

Ouch. Something slightly similar happened to me, though that was just a careless cave-in from me causing it, and a much smaller amount of magma involved. But flooding your fort with magma in under 2 minutes? That's fast.

Also, i accidentally set the world on fire.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All my dorfs were locked inside, so only some animals died in the fire. But why? Well, to build this:

I call it the Dorf Bomb. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12725 on: April 18, 2011, 04:28:28 pm »

A grimeling killed a couple of my wardogs, and I send my marksdwarves after it. All 6 of them emptied their quivers and started bashing it with their crossbows... for 150+ pages of combat reports. My badass militia commander runs up and, well...

"The Militia Commander scratches the Grimeling in the head and the severed part sails off in an arc!"

That's right, she scratched it's head off with a single swipe.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12726 on: April 18, 2011, 07:07:56 pm »

Was in the middle of pulling off a Planepacked-style glitch with a weaponsmith and... shall we say... slightly more valuable materials. Then a skeletal Ettin showed up.  :D

Will add a pic of the artifact once it is finished. Could be a while though. She's already given birth during the material collection process.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12727 on: April 18, 2011, 08:12:55 pm »

I just finished planning my epic housing estate:

I only have 45 dorves though, so I'm not sure why I'm making so many.

Oh yeah, and there's a glassmaker in a strange mood demanding metal bars, but the only metal I have is adamantine...
[Signature]

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12728 on: April 18, 2011, 10:13:53 pm »

A horse started attacking other animals, so I had to put it down. Horse sweetbread, anyone?

Question: Does grass worn down to sand ever grow back?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12729 on: April 18, 2011, 10:31:22 pm »

A horse started attacking other animals, so I had to put it down. Horse sweetbread, anyone?

Question: Does grass worn down to sand ever grow back?

Pretty sure it does, yeah.

So, a Draltha killed one of my dwarves, earning it the name "Roofstrange" My militia, completely unarmed began wailing on it with their fists, incapacitating but not killing it. Eventually it woke up and ran to a cage trap, clearly willing to do anything to get the beating to stop. Luckily, this biome freezes in winter, so I tossed it into the river, still in it's cage, so the water freezing will drive it underground. Then I'll forget where I put it and it'll be stuck there for eternity.

I take inspiration for all my horrible punishments from Harlan Ellison.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12730 on: April 18, 2011, 11:16:26 pm »

blarg! im getting pissed off, each time i try to save this fort, the game freezes, and i get set back to just after the first dwarven caravan left...

its annoying with the fort though, so far, i've gotten(and lost) 4 artifacts, each one of them coming from a possesssion ;.; i want someone to take a bloody fey mood so they can get boosted to legendary already!

nucleus222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12731 on: April 19, 2011, 03:35:50 am »

My Fort has recovered slightly from the mass slaughter that took place there. All 50+ dwarves are buried and the next ambush (3 at once) was succesfully repelled.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12732 on: April 19, 2011, 06:07:26 am »

I just finished planning my epic housing estate:

I only have 45 dorves though, so I'm not sure why I'm making so many.

Oh yeah, and there's a glassmaker in a strange mood demanding metal bars, but the only metal I have is adamantine...

Lol, don't worry about it. In my last fortress, I had 47 dwarves and bedrooms for 160. They were only 1x1 with a single bed, but they were smoothed marble, so fairly valuable.

Right now...I'm starting a new fortress. Just had my first migrant wave, bringing me up to 12 dwarves. I still have to figure out jobs for the new five. So far my fortress consists of all the basics, but there's nobody making weapons, which is worrisome because a horde of moosemen and badgermen have each passed by recently. My miners are digging out every gem available from the surface, cause my economy is always gem based, and...yeah. That's my fortress right now. :)

THEFEZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12733 on: April 19, 2011, 06:47:58 am »

I had a Furnace Operator get a mood.  After 4 artifacts of various craptastic rings and a mechanism (?) I didn't expect much.

Turns out his second skill was Armorsmithing, and he made an adamantine buckler that is worth 50% of the pre-buckler wealth of this fort.  Way to go, dude :)

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12734 on: April 19, 2011, 07:09:07 am »

First minotaur attack.
I know how mean these guys are so I expect a hell of a fight. I station my above ground guard at the gates and, incase it falls off the weapon-trap-precipice, my cavern guard in the caverns, to deal with it.

The cavern guard are arming and moving down to the caverns when it gets to the fort, it takes out two crossbowmen without batting an eyelid, completely ignored being smacked repeatedly in the head by a hammer-wielding wrestler, and then once it had killed the crossbowmen, decided to have some fun with the wrestler. pages and pages of it just laying into the poor guy, breaking everything. Then some dude come up behind it with a bardiche.

Swing - your left legs gone.
Swing - your head's been split down the middle.

Pure awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 3842