Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111856 times)

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12645 on: April 16, 2011, 12:44:43 am »

I'ma do it. I'm going to actually mod something this time, and it won't crash DF (too much).

I know what I'm going to do with this, but I'd still like some suggestions.
Flammable bunnies.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12646 on: April 16, 2011, 12:52:38 am »

I'ma do it. I'm going to actually mod something this time, and it won't crash DF (too much).

I know what I'm going to do with this, but I'd still like some suggestions.

Give dwarves an absurd [PRONE_TO_RAGE:X] value.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Cromage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12647 on: April 16, 2011, 02:29:06 am »

Clothier appears to be starving him or herself to death, while trying to clean himself with one motor-impaired arm.

In other news, the new coffins are built and the fort's reached 10M dorfbucks in value. Still no siege.

Time to build more beehives! =D

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12648 on: April 16, 2011, 03:05:16 am »

Start a new world to try out my human fortress mod, when I start getting succecive announcements of colapses in the caverns. Turn on reveal tool and check it out. Turns out all the caverns had been filled with magma and there was a huge water lake on top of the semy molten rock  ???
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12649 on: April 16, 2011, 05:31:20 am »

I was about to test out if I can build a boat in an ocean using Dfmode and adventure mode crossing into fort mode but then the game made my life easier when I embark on Ice. the whole place is frozen over well hopefully I can make a water proof tunnel before the water thaws.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12650 on: April 16, 2011, 06:08:09 am »

On every wall of my 20+ engraved bedrooms there are references to a labouring troglodyte. I need to fire my engraver.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12651 on: April 16, 2011, 06:24:46 am »

On every wall of my 20+ engraved bedrooms there are references to a labouring troglodyte. I need to fire my engraver.
National Dwarfographic present the "Miracle of life:Troglodyte edition"

well looks like I can start up plan A since the ocean unfroze and stop my progress. Oh well at least now I have a platform to build this boat on. the challenge is getting my Adventurer there with out being incase in ice.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12652 on: April 16, 2011, 06:47:31 am »

Werewolves sieged me.
But my defenses are quite weak right now.
I made a well for water from caves, and am making a farm.
These will help my dwarves live until I can battle these new enemies.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12653 on: April 16, 2011, 08:08:05 am »

Seasons after the werewolves left for some reason, a giant sandworm appeared.
It killed one of my spearmen and slaughtered a miner before being killed itself.
It was recently butchered, for tons of meat.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12654 on: April 16, 2011, 08:28:01 am »

Holy last stand, batman!

My former High Gore, hammerman and slayer of a forgotten beast, died in a rather epic charge.
There wasn't actually a need to charge into a crowd of goblins like that, but damn that Borioth was impressive. I can't get a list of kills now, cause he's dead, but the combat log was impressive to say the least. Had there been no arrows flying around, I; sure he might have wiped out the entire two squads!

A similarly impressive fighter, now in hospital resting up from minor wounds has been promoted. As far s I know, my only named Borioth, Posa Pissmorass, The Verse of Rooting, is now my High Beast with six notable kills to his name - at least four of those are werewolves.

I have one guy who just came to my fort, was drafted in to replace my fallen military, went to the training room, picked up an iron axe and thought "man, I fucking love this axe!" and grew attached to it. I have another guy who should, by rights, be a veteran. I think he's been here since the second or third migrant wave and yet has no kills to his name. Others who have been here a tenth of that have racked up three kills or more.

We need more barrels - it's amazing how many seeds we generate, and we've also managed (thanks to the caverns) to open up a flourishing meat industry. The butcher has never been so worked! The brewer, on the otherhand, can't find barrels - so I;m having to import and trae for all the drink I can get my grubby mits on.

There's a giant hairy T-rex esque Forgotten beast swimming around my caverns...

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12655 on: April 16, 2011, 08:39:02 am »

There's a giant hairy T-rex esque Forgotten beast swimming around my caverns...
the dwarf who saw it was too shocked to speak about it, the overseer showed him the depth of a magma field, and there, the dwarf who saw said, repeatedly..."god..zilla. godzilla...godzilla!"

my dwarves are happily trying to die. in one fort i had 22 dwarves per waves per time.
now it's only 3 dwarfs per time...lucky me
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12656 on: April 16, 2011, 09:09:51 am »

I just had a permaflood in 23a.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Cromage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12657 on: April 16, 2011, 10:05:25 am »

There wasn't actually a need to charge into a crowd of goblins like that, but damn that Borioth was impressive. I can't get a list of kills now, cause he's dead, but the combat log was impressive to say the least.

You can still see his kills; he'll be listed under Deceased but you can still access his last thoughts, kills, etc., including the mandatory "he sustained major injuries recently."

Shogger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12658 on: April 16, 2011, 11:54:45 am »

Just embarked in a warm jungle with some bamboo in it. I usually pick "Play now!" when embarking, and this time, I co-opted the fish cleaner you get into a hunter.

Clearly, hunting was this guy's true calling.

He skilled up fast, becoming a high master marksdwarf in under a year. Hunting elephants and rhinos, he has provided the fortress over 1000 units of meat. The 45 dwarves living in Palebell could easily live off of this guy's kills for some time.

I can't help but feel sad at the thought that eventually, a goblin ambush will probably put an end to his career.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12659 on: April 16, 2011, 12:00:48 pm »

Well, Godzilla came up to the fort, tussled with the military spat a lot, and then got cut in half by a new guy with an iron battle axe.
Nice work recruit!

Poor Posa died of dehydration in the hospital, despite there being drink around. I should kill the doctors for that, really...

Apparantly, despite crippling most of the goblins, the dead High Gore only managed to kill two of them.
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 3842