Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112027 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12510 on: April 10, 2011, 10:06:58 pm »

I have some caged goblins, and I'm pondering in which horrible way to kill them. Do I throw them into the badger morgue pit, the fall-to-your-death pit, or make an area and have them be gutted by my military? Maybe an execution area.... hmm, I like that idea...

Oh, and I'm making a green glass megaconstruction, too. It's gonna have pillars of kimberlite, obsidian, billon, and gold, but the central, primary pillar will be green glass.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12511 on: April 10, 2011, 10:39:44 pm »

I dehydrated most of a migrant wave in a sealed off room. A little girl who went fey upon entering the map and a couple high-skill migrants were allowed inside alive. The kid finished her artifact, a dacite toy hammer worth 52.8k*, my first infact, and was still ecstatic when her mother died. I had an extra room dug out that I gave her, and as soon as the sealed tomb was opened to bury the dead she ran in and started collecting her mother's clothing - all of it - which she now claims as her own and has scattered about her room. I suppose I should make her a cabinet to at least prevent her from spending her childhood sorting her mom's clothes wishing she was still alive. Need to hurry up and bury these corpses...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12512 on: April 10, 2011, 10:44:00 pm »

Well, found every dwarf in the fortress thirsty, and wondering what the heck is wrong, and see I'm out of booze, and it's winter, so the river and ponds are frozen. Then I see I've got tons of plump helmets, and am going "what the hell?" I forgot to turn brewing on as a labor on any dwarf. One barrel of brewing later, a swarm of thirsty dwarves swarm the still, and I just picture them screaming "BEER! BEEEEER!"

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12513 on: April 10, 2011, 11:25:16 pm »

Well, found every dwarf in the fortress thirsty, and wondering what the heck is wrong, and see I'm out of booze, and it's winter, so the river and ponds are frozen. Then I see I've got tons of plump helmets, and am going "what the hell?" I forgot to turn brewing on as a labor on any dwarf. One barrel of brewing later, a swarm of thirsty dwarves swarm the still, and I just picture them screaming "BEER! BEEEEER!"

...but plump helmets make wine, not beer.

Anyway, I just got the offer! Plainplains might become a barony! And best of all, Hotwheels himself turned out to be a dwarf that likes marble and iron, both of which I have loads of. I recommender him. Baron Hotwheels!

Sadly, a crundle of all things managed to kill one of my hunters. I've placed many cage traps in the corridor to the caverns, and so far I managed to obtain a giant cave swallow and a blind cave ogre. And a giant mole...

I have like two legendary cooks.

So far I have repelled two ambushes. Dwarves fully clad in steel do exactly as they should. Better yet, most of them are legendary shield users. Back during the first ambush, one of them didn't have gauntlets nor experience, and got a flail in the wrist, sadly... it's mostly fixed now, but there's infection. Oh well.

One dwarf died in the ambushes, due to finding them. The first ambush was found by a legendary miner, though - he hit the leader maceman right in the [STANCE] tag, causing him to fall over, and ran away for long enough for the military to arrive.

I think I'll drown some elves. Even though I need wood.

A training spear was worth exactly 1337 dorfbucks, so I bought it. It's now upright in my dining hall.

My mayor likes green glass. So, everything in her rooms is made of it, except for walls and floors. Yes, even the bed.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:29:05 pm by Minnakht »
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12514 on: April 10, 2011, 11:32:53 pm »

I have some caged goblins, and I'm pondering in which horrible way to kill them. Do I throw them into the badger morgue pit, the fall-to-your-death pit, or make an area and have them be gutted by my military? Maybe an execution area.... hmm, I like that idea...

Oh, and I'm making a green glass megaconstruction, too. It's gonna have pillars of kimberlite, obsidian, billon, and gold, but the central, primary pillar will be green glass.
I dumped them in the badger pit. It was hilarious.

Oh, and that one lady who had a massive following of warbadgers? Yeah, she fell into a magma-trap while running out to kill some gobbos. Whoops.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #12515 on: April 11, 2011, 01:00:40 am »

My captian of the guard is unhappy. He was forced to suffer the decay of a pet.
Well that's what happens when you let turkeys into the dangeroom where no sane normal dwarf would go.
I just hope that he doenst turn and use those two masterful steel swords on my other dwarfs or this might get FUN
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12516 on: April 11, 2011, 01:05:42 am »

Stafffeed's ridiculously complicated drowning trap has been completed and is being put through a test run, using six of the captured goblins that came from last summer's siege. So far, two escaped and had to be put down by the local speardwarf, one has actually drowned, and the remaining three have learned to swim while the chamber continues to fill. We can only hope they do not possess the intelligence to swim up the fill pipe and cause trouble up there.

EDIT: After another couple minutes, the other three goblins tired out and drowned. Test complete.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:25:51 am by CapnUrist »
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12517 on: April 11, 2011, 06:31:39 am »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12518 on: April 11, 2011, 06:36:52 am »

first thought: what.
second thought: ow.
third thought: wtf is that a mod?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12519 on: April 11, 2011, 06:37:33 am »

I had to abandon my fort because a siege came right when the FB was annihilating my military with his goddamn dust attack.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12520 on: April 11, 2011, 06:57:37 am »

Genesis
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12521 on: April 11, 2011, 07:03:56 am »

Genesis
oh right.
I still haven't tried any big mods, only starting fort defense.
(the reason is fps~5  :'()
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12522 on: April 11, 2011, 07:20:27 am »

Genesis
oh right.

Lower G_FPS cap (to 10) and change PRINT to STANDARD?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12523 on: April 11, 2011, 07:23:58 am »

My dodge trap is ridiculous. 4 sieges decided to learn bungee jumps without cord.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12524 on: April 11, 2011, 07:25:42 am »

Lower G_FPS cap (to 10) and change PRINT to STANDARD?
Lowered G_FPS to 6 (+ ~0.33 FPS)
Tried with ASCII instead of graphics, not much help either  :-\
Will change PRINT, thanks.

My dodge trap is ridiculous. 4 sieges decided to learn bungee jumps without cord.
which is why I love them  :D
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 3842