Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6113043 times)

Uristoteles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12285 on: April 06, 2011, 07:55:37 am »

3 of 7 dwarves were killed by skeletal cod. One of the named cod was killed before I could get a translation of its name (Semorokun). I don't think I can find out what it means now because there's no body. Unless a translator exists?

you can translate it yourself, look here:
your DF folder -> raw -> objects -> language_DWARF
ctrl+f semor
ctrl+f okun

Blue_J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12286 on: April 06, 2011, 08:10:52 am »

So, my FB-killing cave-in trap worked - though there were a few problems. Everything went well at first - with careful micromanaging, I was even able to get the miner who opened the cavern back through the airlock and into the fort. The FB ran in to break stuff, I closed the outer door to trap it, then pulled the red lever....it turns out that I very stupidly forgot to check underneath the cave-in room, so when the thing went off, it blew a massive hole through 2 or 3 z-levels into another part of the cavern. The FB was very dead, though.

I reconstructed the floor in the room and set about re-arming the trap for when the next one inevitably showed up, but one of my masons decided to build directly off of a bridge when rebuilding the falling ceiling, causing another small cave-in. The mason that caused the cave-in slammed into a wall and died, but he was only level 5, so I just idiot-proofed a few build orders and moved on. What I didn't notice, though, was that my legendary +5 mason was also in the cave-in room when the floor fell, and he must have staggered through the new opening in the floor into the cavern and lied broken and unable to path back into the fort until he died of dehydration. I was kind of bummed out about that. I probably would have savescummed to try and rescue him if I'd had a saved game recent enough that I wouldn't have lost 45 minutes of play on the fort.

Oh well. Masons are relatively easy to train. Rock blocks, coming up.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: April 06, 2011, 08:12:29 am »

Fires are almost out.
PPE: oh look the grass is growing back
PPE #2: ... and it lit again.
???
I.... stick with me now.. dont get lost. I just made... (pause for effect) CHEESE for the first time.
this is good.
another one is similated.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12288 on: April 06, 2011, 08:35:35 am »

3 of 7 dwarves were killed by skeletal cod. One of the named cod was killed before I could get a translation of its name (Semorokun). I don't think I can find out what it means now because there's no body. Unless a translator exists?

you can translate it yourself, look here:
your DF folder -> raw -> objects -> language_DWARF
ctrl+f semor
ctrl+f okun

Oh awesome, thanks!

It's called Unionshrine. Well... I suppose you can't be overworked if you're dead, right?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: April 06, 2011, 08:51:31 am »

Well, I won the battle without any of that.
I also replaced the glowing floor with a diorite floor and removed the upright 2h adamantine masterwork sword.
Silly demons, you can't get out. There's a floor there.
Is it usable by dwarves?
I doubt it, but hey, it's nothing raw editing can't tweak.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12290 on: April 06, 2011, 09:52:43 am »

I'm fairly sure that the bigger, fatter dwarves can take it (it's very light, anyways)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: April 06, 2011, 09:59:12 am »

Stafffeed has finally stabilized the covering of basic needs, and has begun its first defensive project: a ridiculously large drowning pit. Water will be sourced from the nearby stream and poured into the top of the chamber like a large pot. Then bedrooms shall commence.

Our resident hunter deserves a commendation. When a black bear invaded the village, he was quickly drafted as a marksdwarf to try killing it. Instead, he chased it to the top of the nearby hill, swung at it once and forced it off the cliff edge into the river, where it swam out onto a far bank, then walked into a cage trap at the north edge of town. It now accompanies the hunting dogs that follow him around.

I also replaced the glowing floor with a diorite floor and removed the upright 2h adamantine masterwork sword.
Is it usable by dwarves?
Dwarves can use just about anything; they just won't be able to use it with a shield, and will have to multigrasp it.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12292 on: April 06, 2011, 10:07:49 am »

I'm entirely unable to play fortress mode on .25. It just crashes as soon as I unpause.

Back to .22 I guess :-\
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12293 on: April 06, 2011, 10:08:40 am »

I'm entirely unable to play fortress mode on .25. It just crashes as soon as I unpause.

Back to .22 I guess :-\
try a different embark, or re-gen. I had that once too, it's a bug.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12294 on: April 06, 2011, 10:12:08 am »

I did regen, and I've tried over a dozen different embarks between the two. Does world size affect it to you knowledge? I've been trying to gen only medium or large worlds with 200-600 years of history.

Adventure mode works just fine on either, oddly enough.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12295 on: April 06, 2011, 10:21:33 am »

I did regen, and I've tried over a dozen different embarks between the two. Does world size affect it to you knowledge? I've been trying to gen only medium or large worlds with 200-600 years of history.

Adventure mode works just fine on either, oddly enough.
try a small region with 5 years of history and many civs and spots.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12296 on: April 06, 2011, 10:27:50 am »

Possessed mason made a new artifact.
Bituminous coal armor stand.
I'm wondering how it got a picture of a gold buckler artifact from my old fort.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

kylefiredemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12297 on: April 06, 2011, 11:01:52 am »

I'm making a obsidian factory/ deathtrap on the front gate. Anyone tried this yet?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12298 on: April 06, 2011, 11:57:21 am »

Is it usable by dwarves?
You need to edit the weapon raws so that the minimum size to use it is the same as the body size for dwarves. I do that every time I play, as well as allowing dwarves to make various oversized weapons, because greataxes and 2h swords solve Bronze Collosus issues very quickly.

In other news, the Growledsteels merchant trap is exceeding expectations. A trade depot in a bridge airlock, with no roof and fortifications all around the edge of the floor above. Excellent training for my up-and-coming marksdwarves.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12299 on: April 06, 2011, 12:17:28 pm »

I'm making a obsidian factory/ deathtrap on the front gate. Anyone tried this yet?

Simpsons did it!!!!

... scnr  ??? 8)
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 3842