Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5972688 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12195 on: April 03, 2011, 09:14:29 pm »

That won't kill them, you know. And sounds like it'd make it hard to settle hell.
I know, I just want to do it for bragging rights and lolz.

John:"I've captured an FB!"
Steve:"That's nothing, I've made a castle out of adamantine!"
Necro:"Wimps, I drained the ocean into Hell itself."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12196 on: April 03, 2011, 09:26:26 pm »

Okay seriously, what's up with Giant Badgers? My champions decked out in full masterwork bluemetal armor can take down pretty much anything in any number, but pit them against half their number of giant badgers and they come back whining to me about their sudden lack of arms. I need to catch some of these things and militarize them, seeing as how they're apparently more dangerous than giant tentacle fetishes monsters that breath flaming balls of acid.  ::)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12197 on: April 03, 2011, 09:32:00 pm »

Okay seriously, what's up with Giant Badgers? My champions decked out in full masterwork bluemetal armor can take down pretty much anything in any number, but pit them against half their number of giant badgers and they come back whining to me about their sudden lack of arms. I need to catch some of these things and militarize them, seeing as how they're apparently more dangerous than giant tentacle fetishes monsters that breath flaming balls of acid.  ::)
Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger. That is all.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12198 on: April 03, 2011, 09:33:24 pm »

BadgerXlots'causeI'mtolazytocounter

Mushroom, mushroom.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12199 on: April 03, 2011, 09:34:13 pm »

BadgerXlots'causeI'mtolazytocounter

Mushroom, mushroom.

Snaaaaaaaaaaaaake Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

3. Run Resize Enable

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12200 on: April 03, 2011, 09:34:32 pm »

Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

...anyway, if he has gauntlets, a mail shirt or three, and about six cloaks, then I don't know how did he become so 'armless.

Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: April 03, 2011, 09:39:17 pm »

Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

...anyway, if he has gauntlets, a mail shirt or three, and about six cloaks, then I don't know how did he become so 'armless.

Like I said, adamantine armor (breastplate, mail shirt, gauntlets, capes, helms, high boots, greaves, etc), double-triple layered whenever possible. The damn things just bite down, shake them around and take the arms right off at the shoulder. Has living so close to a volcano made all my dwarves become so tender that the meat just falls right off the bone?

Are they nothing more than bearded little bbq?!

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12203 on: April 03, 2011, 09:46:25 pm »

When are they not?

Yes, but normally they're charred. This time it looks like they're nice and tender.

Oh well, I know the solution to this well enough by now:
1. Recruit more marksdwarves.
2. Spam bolts from afar.
3. ????
4. Watch new recruits get slaughtered by the next 120+ strong seasonal ambush.

3. Run Resize Enable

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: April 03, 2011, 09:51:43 pm »

When are they not?

Yes, but normally they're charred. This time it looks like they're nice and tender.

2. Spam bolts from afar.
3. ????
120+ Giant Badgers? I suggest pumping that volcano (that you were talking about) hollow to kill those things.  :D

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: April 03, 2011, 09:55:15 pm »

When are they not?

2. Spam bolts from afar.
3. ????
120+ Giant Badgers? I suggest pumping that volcano (that you were talking about) hollow to kill those things.  :D

Nah, the GBs are usually around a dozen per season. The 120+ is the Sand Raiders, gobbos, Bugbears, etc.

3. Run Resize Enable

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: April 03, 2011, 10:02:47 pm »

I may actually successfully settle a glacier. Always been killed or given up because of boredom before. But now I've actually got a working farm and have made that area of the caverns fairly secure.

It is only summer now, and I still have only the original seven, but Bowelclasps will be a thriving city one day.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12207 on: April 03, 2011, 10:14:22 pm »

The migrants are here, looks like the seasonal ambush is over. Tally:
Sand Raiders
-8 new corpses to decorate the lawn.
-5 dead War Land Striders.
-2 caged SRs, 5 caged WLSes
About twice as many fled, most wounded severely. Got plenty of lost masterwork messages due to embedded bolts.
Gobbos:
-5 dead
-7 caged
Around 10 fled
Elves:
-2 caged 1-humped camels
About 20 more ran away.
Bugbears:
-12 dead
Maybe twice as many fled.
All in all, a light season. Of course, it isn't over yet...

3. Run Resize Enable

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #12208 on: April 03, 2011, 10:47:02 pm »

Largebusts just had a visit from a Titan.  I didn't even have a chance to send out my military to kill it. It killed a cat, then the departing caravan from the Mountainhomes killed it.

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: April 03, 2011, 10:52:34 pm »

City-Fort Koshid, "Slaughterrocks" (Still love that name) is doing fairly well, all things considered.
Late winter in  year 143 now, we've survived two sieges and twenty-one forgotten beasts, not including the one that still lives in the well. (The other one down there was finally awoken by some clumsy asshole working on the new trade depot, which I'd planned to build directly above the pool they're in... Good-bye, elves!- But alas)
The population has dropped back below 100, to 94, and yet still many of the dwarves are without proper rooms. The miners work madly to carve out more rough and ready rooms. I'm running out of tunneling space above the first cavern... The fort has a heap of children growing up now, and 'Kolly' Oltarudist, the eldest daughter of one of our most prolific breeders, the late Tun Kamukid, has grown to become the Captain of The Guard.
Sadly, good old Tun, mother of four, went beserk at the lack of mango-wood logs or some nonsense, and beat her poor new baby senseless before a warrior-dorf put her down. As usual, my callous, cold-bearded dwarves left the poor tyke to drag itself around by its broken little arms for a season or so until it expired. Tear-jerking stuff.
Another (rather stupid) child was lost when he decided to face down the second goblin siege. Those two deaths mark the first child-casualties since I implemented the heavily-guarded nursery, so I think it's doing pretty well.

In happier news, we have a total of 13 children, 12 artifacts (Several were lost to the great fires of 142), and a large, poorly-equipped but generally enthusiastic military, lead by Beryl Esdorshem Kegethkbon, 'Beryl Soldplank the Held Odor', the Nursery-guard/nappy changer turned elite goblin-slaying badass of doom.
Seriously, this guy and his war-trained Black bear, Zurdosil, have taken down more goblins then I can be bothered to count, not that that means all THAT much. (I'm pretty lazy)

Here's to another !!FUN!! filled year at Fortress Koshid! *Blows annoying new-years-cardboard-trumpet-thingy*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 3839