Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111878 times)

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #11625 on: March 22, 2011, 12:46:00 am »

My unusually-named fortress "Bookappear" is currently being terrorized by an Alligator... from 3 Z-levels below, under an entrenched river, while slowly bleeding from his head and guts. Apparently he is still intimidating enough to halt all work that takes place anywhere near the river.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: March 22, 2011, 01:04:16 am »

Well, my 8 year old 'mature' fort, with 36 legendary warriors, magma, steel and shiny stuff rich and getting a little boring died due to an accident with DFreveal...

New one - random name - Minecrazy! Brook, volcano, and at war with elves. Perfect(ish - see flux issues later)

First moody dwarf is one of the useless kids - now a legendary craftsdwarf, thankfully (have cheated to enable labours for the girl).  Now if the other three (out of 21 total population) do something equally useful.

Unfortunately, no flux (Oh, I wish I could tell before embarking...) so have to settle for traded goods, bronze and shiny stuff (hopefully).

Edit - "Curse the friends of nature!" - Elven ambush!!! My first ever.  Yay.  Have to form a 5 dwarf militia, forge weapons and armour (magma forges JUST coming on line), put up the bridge (3 make it inside - soon slain) and forge weapons for a few weapons traps while they mill outside.  Had to lower the bridge early as migrants arrived, but the elves fled at the sight of them.

End result - 3 mildly injured dwarves, but all active, 4 elves slain, 6 captured and 7 fled.  And FUN!!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 02:32:51 am by Pukako »

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

MooUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11627 on: March 22, 2011, 02:34:19 am »

I got a little bored of that last fort for the moment, so created a new slightly more mineral-rich world. My embark site has, already visible on the surface: hematite, marble, native platinum...

No fuel visible yet, but the northern areas are heavily forested. I'm carving the hillside into a cliff to build into.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: March 22, 2011, 07:57:08 am »

My main fort is now one in the community games section (toolchants). Instead of passing it off, I'm making all dwarves grunts until someone claims them and gives them a name and job. For management (and grunt/named dwarf ratio) I limited the population to 20.

I'm currently having no problem whatsoever keeping stuff organized or getting enough farmed food. I'm having a really rough time getting things done though. For the first two caravans I had only cheap wine to sell. Luckily someone brought a steel pick, and that was worth a good amount of coin which was used to get metal bars. Since brewing is quality based, and thus only done by named dwarves, I'm also having some problems getting enough alcohol. Maybe I should make a well or something.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11629 on: March 22, 2011, 01:50:21 pm »

Industry at Kissedgranite is heading dangerously towards slowing down, due to lack of trees. Hundreds upon hundreds of trees have gone into the smelting of Iron, and the once heavily forested region has been stripped bare. Perhaps I should start mining and using the bitumonous coal scattered all over the map.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: March 22, 2011, 01:54:02 pm »

rojiru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: March 22, 2011, 01:54:42 pm »

Camels kicked in my farmer's heads, miners were incased in ice while digging a trench, fort collapses under the weight of depression and a lack of mining picks while digging through the aquifer.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11632 on: March 22, 2011, 02:55:45 pm »

I donated two adamantine bins full of adamantine crowns, rings and other assorted jewelry to the Mountainhomes, for a little more than 1 million dwarf bucks.

I wonder what will happen after this...
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

echonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11633 on: March 22, 2011, 03:14:55 pm »

I was pretty pleased to have such an obviously badass crossbow added to my arsenal.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11634 on: March 22, 2011, 03:40:23 pm »

this must be quoted...

EDIT: and hey look a legendary kid!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: March 22, 2011, 04:08:06 pm »

2 Tailed Blob of mud Hill Titan came, wasn't even able to kill my Llama.

Released an Blind ogre in my fort while my army was locked inside a pit(where the ogre should be). 2 Peasents died.

And a fox bit into a dwarf who carryd it 7z-levels up to the main meeting room, the well. It is still walking about.
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11636 on: March 22, 2011, 04:12:55 pm »

I just got a legendary bone crafter in .21 who used only bone in the construction of his artifact, so no loss.

And because of metal scarcity, I now can make tons of high quality shell and bone armor for my defense force, and supplement it with leather/wood.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11637 on: March 22, 2011, 04:18:30 pm »

Orbsslide, a 23.130.23a fortress

Bedrooms canceled due to cave river waterfall. Dwarven caravan ran away from a few elephants. The wimps.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: March 22, 2011, 05:03:34 pm »

This is far and away one of the best artifacts I've ever gotten in terms of the decorations.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: March 22, 2011, 05:21:38 pm »

More hot new fortress action. This time, I still have no metals other than addy.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 3842