Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111534 times)

Doradan

• Bay Watcher
  • FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #11565 on: March 20, 2011, 10:02:59 am »

I've been in the underground for a while, but all I've seen so far are spiders. Untill a pair of rutherers showed up. I looked them up, and fraked when I saw how dangerous they were... and then my legendary miner showed up (he was digging some marble down there) and socked one in the face, causing a nice pool of blood to form. My two legendary rangers then had a grand old time hunting them down, before a giant toad showed up and proceded to get chopped to bits by one of my woodcutters.

Aaaaaand now I've got a gem cutter in a fey mood, and he just hijacked my jewelers workshop. He grabbed some rough milky quartz, some steel bars, some buzzard bone...
And some limonite ore. For those that don't know, that's an ore of iron, and its usually set as an economic stone. Why he grabbed limonite and not marble I don't know. He's still gathering stuff, so we'll just have to see what he makes.
CHIMPANZEES ARE FUCKING VICIOUS. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. BEWARE THE CHIMPS, THEY SEEK ONLY TO DESTROY.
Doradan cancels Craft Signature: Interrupted by Buzzard

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11566 on: March 20, 2011, 10:50:35 am »

Had a weird message that Urist McMacedwarf entered a martial trance, except that I don't have a macedwarf. I zoomed to the location and it was deep underground. Who the hell is he and what's he doing all the way down there? lol.
More often than not, those message are on the buggy side when it comes to showing you WHERE it is happening. You'll have more luck using the name of said inexistent macedwarf to track him down in the (u)nits screen.

Well he's already gone, so it's too late. It would be kinda neat if there were random NPC adventurers exploring the caverns and looking for loot.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11567 on: March 20, 2011, 11:17:51 am »

lol i JUST finished cleaning up my goblinite i got, 4 god damn pages of stuff in my dump, STILL waiting for a caravan...its summer right now so >.>

i just got a dwarf who got a fey mood, and took over a mechanic's workshop...grabbed obsidian, copper, wood, and several rough gems =/

...he made an obsidian mechanism, no surprise...worth 91200 db

its..studded with copper, glazed with copper and wax opal, encircled with bands of clear zircon, menaces with spikes of obsidian and clear zircon, its images are of a bear killing a dwarf, and a goblin killing a dwarf, both things happened pre embark >.> so...should i deconstruct my well and remake it with this fancy mechanism?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:24:46 am by Renzuko »

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11568 on: March 20, 2011, 12:59:33 pm »

its..studded with copper, glazed with copper and wax opal, encircled with bands of clear zircon, menaces with spikes of obsidian and clear zircon, its images are of a bear killing a dwarf, and a goblin killing a dwarf, both things happened pre embark >.> so...should i deconstruct my well and remake it with this fancy mechanism?

sure, why not?
just dont let militias use it, bad for morale.

MooUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11569 on: March 20, 2011, 01:09:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Decided I'd show you my fort as it stands - at least the surface portion, anyways.

A: sheep pasture (also contains one pet rabbit) and shearing/milking workshop.
B: chicken coop.
C: food stockpile, wood on the roof.
D: furniture stockpile, more on the roof of this and E
E: finished goods, armour, and weapons.
F: theoretically, well goes here. My cistern is not being filled fast enough by bucket, so I need to reconsider my plans here. There's only one pool outside to use, and it doesn't seem to rain a huge amount here.
G: hospital.
H: basic workshops north, food facilities south. Refuse and bones on the roof.
I: cloth, leather, and bars.
J: clothes workshops to the west, kiln/metalwork to the east. Clay stored above the kiln.
K: accomodation block. Leader's offices and tombs underground, dormitory and dining hall this level, and then three floors of private rooms (2x3, bed, coffer, cabinet).
L: covered entryway with drawbridges and traps. Depot between bridges. Barracks in one of the gatehouse towers; accessible through the northern passage then over the archway. Goblin prisoners as an example in the cages outside - also puppies for scouting. Ditch to keep enemies away from the walls.

It's fairly inefficient and crude, and I can't say I'm happy with it. Particularly the gatehouse needs a lot of work, and I'm not sure what I want to do with it. The interior could do with being bigger and is laid out badly - food is fair corner from the dining hall for a start!

EDIT: -1 requested:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A: small farm for booze purposes.
B: empty cistern - to be reconsidered
C: ditch around front gate
D: coffins on the west, mostly full. Leader's quarters north, and a couple of private rooms south,
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:23:28 pm by MooUK »

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11570 on: March 20, 2011, 02:02:40 pm »

My bookkeeper just got moody and grabbed:
  • goblin bone
  • tower-cap logs
  • fungiwood logs
  • 2x giant cave spider silk cloth
  • 2x rough rose quartz

I've got used to get bugged bone artifacts but after reading the devlog just half an hour ago this just seems cruel...

Edit: Despite grabbing the bone as first item he made for some reason a towercap scepter, worth 14400 with an image of the ascension of the first king of my civ in goblinbone. I think this sums our diplomatic releations up rather well.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:14:54 pm by Lord Braindead »

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11571 on: March 20, 2011, 02:12:11 pm »

@MooUK Can you show -1?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11572 on: March 20, 2011, 02:20:43 pm »

Report from Koshzoden, "Slaughterhouse" to Lertethamost, "the Tangled Town" by Urvad Tobulilrom, baron of "The Blind Hound", in partnership with "TerryDactyl", overseer:

Value: 1 345 861
wood: 513
ore: 3180
potential returns in excess of 3 000 000

Year 255, Spring

We have reevaluated our plan of defense since last year's completion of the fortress expansion. We now control a small plot of arable land, and are able to provide additional protection to those lumberjacks and haulers in the woodlands. In addition to the standard squads, we have established an archer's corp to patrol atop the walled perimeter.

Three denizens were wounded this winter when a murderer escaped from his cell, among them, the captain of the guard. All three elected to share a bed in the hospital, and our team of medical staff did all they could to alleviate suffering. The Captain was prone to fits of rage in bed, and surgery had to be postponed. Disciplinary action has meanwhile been taken against another member of civil security, who acted in a disorderly fashion towards an alpaca. We will not detail the specifics of his crime here, in writ, suffice it to say the perpetrator has been paddled thoroughly.

Domas McLabour was released from prison and returned to his duties, hauling ore from the mines.

The elves arrived. The military was ordered to train on standby. Merchants were appeased with leftover goods from a past trade with the mountainhome. We had expected a skirmish, but did we had not counted upon crossbows at our enemies' disposal. There were no casualties in the flight to safety, but our archers were caught without bolts with which to return fire. Invaders were pushed back at the gate which wash then sealed. Five casualties, including Dismab Utteredbridge the Messianic Enjoyment of Blam.... a first-line spearman who ran through the assault leader in the face of overwhelming adversity. Doctors are now working at capacity.

MooUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11573 on: March 20, 2011, 02:23:48 pm »

@MooUK Can you show -1?
Kogut: see original post. There's not a lot there though.

Ilikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11574 on: March 20, 2011, 02:32:11 pm »

Baroness was elevated to countess. Followed by 4 ambushes. My two legendary axe-dwarf and my crossbow militia made short work of the 2 group of lashers, with no injuries. Yay for legendary fighter and axedwarf!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11575 on: March 20, 2011, 02:52:45 pm »

Yay. Another mood that wants cut gems. This time it's a possessed clothier. I dug deep enough last time to get some amber opals, so I'm going to have no problem with this one.

EDIT: artifact cloak. Both this and the last artifact have had images of a dwarf who doesn't live in this fortress named Iton Lanternsinges. I wonder who that is.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:56:28 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11576 on: March 20, 2011, 03:39:21 pm »

I'm doing a penal colony at the outskirt of the territory of my civ in The Barb of Iron mountain range. 4 dwarves without skills are the first prisoners of Joyoushome, 1 is Chief Warden armed with a silver hammer and bronze armor, 1 is the Director and the last one is a Mason/Mechanic for critical works like the Flood the Whole Mines Device. Prisoners will only drink water except those who are on duty on the administration level and outside.

2 months after arrival, the farms are ready, the entrance and administration level is mostly done and the prisoners are locked in the mines. Now I'm working to get the workshops build and make some furnitures.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11577 on: March 20, 2011, 03:43:14 pm »

@MooUK Can you show -1?
Kogut: see original post. There's not a lot there though.
Thanks. I like your fort.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11578 on: March 20, 2011, 04:11:24 pm »

Mood #3. This time it's a miner. He made a sweet dolomite door that menaces with spikes of dolomite.

In unrelated news: I just remembered that dolomite is magma-safe, so I'm glad I have a layer of it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:15:36 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11579 on: March 20, 2011, 04:33:39 pm »

Starting to consider just generating smaller layers of caverns next time.
Seeing how it's going, it's probably going to take me years to complete the magma pump stack, taking in account something coming and destroying the energy sources.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 3842