Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108864 times)

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10950 on: February 25, 2011, 08:46:05 pm »

16th Obsidian, 253: Another siege arrived. Dug fall pit some levels deeper, let's see how It'll work now ^^. Woops, goblins @ Giant Cave Swallows. This sound FUN again!!
18th Obsidian: Lost a Planter, that couldn't retrieve in time. Was probably collecting bees (In winter 0_o).
19th Obsidian: Anoter casuality of the same type, a Milker this time And the third frag, a lye maker :D.

25th Obsidian, 253: everything that  goez down due to gravity is successfully defeated. Many of the other has run away. Still have three goblin lashers hanging in the arir over Giant Cave Swallows like waiting for something. Also, 16 z levels are better than 8 for sure! I'll wait for the mess to rot out and start dealing with it only then ^^.

10th Granite, 254: We've taken down one lasher with our only anti-aircraft system aka our only marksdwarf. Fallen badly after the swallow got shot with some bolts. Two left..

12th Granite: Our air defence decided to go for new bolts, waiting.

15th Granite: Second target down, 'pilot' survived. Close combad brigade hurrying!
16th Granite: 'pilot' killed, a soldier get injured, seems that it isn't serious

17th Granite: aim at the swallow! Last target hit! Later: some pieces of goblin lie around :). The swallow dead! The siege is over! Hurra!

If we had swallow-mounted bowmen, that would be worse! Indeed, we had some, but they flew away after surface forces got defeated.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10951 on: February 25, 2011, 10:10:34 pm »

Well its Mid-Autumn in 252 (started 250) and the community of Puzzlesmith is flourshing.

To date we have had a few deaths (one weaponsmith took his own life when he could not complete a creation, a few others lost their lives when a siege of enemies caught up with them before they could get within the safety of our gates.

Our military, while small, untrained and underequipped, managed to fend off two small sieges on their own with no casualties, we have also found a large amount of iron and flux stone (lucky!) which now that our Magmaworks is up and running we are turning into fine steel equipment as fast as we can. 

Food stocks are not as high as they could be but they are holding and keeping us all fed, we also have some animals we can slaughter in case of emergency.  More importantly though we have plenty of booze.  Our well system is almost up, we are just putting some aesthetic finishing touches on it.  We are drawing water directly from an aquifer so there will be no issue regarding supply even in the dry season when the surface pools completely dry up (which fortunately allowed us to fish out our departed weaponsmith's body).  We are also experiencing a severe shortage of wood which has interfered with our bed production, barrel/bin production and most importantly for our defense, steel production.

The biggest unfortunate news however is our nation no longer has any leaders, we have to date gotten at least three migration waves and on Dwarven caravan, however that has been all we have seen of the Dwarven kingdom, making the losses all the more severe, but we have had a few marriages and there are children.

Puzzlesmith

Created Wealth: 160K
Food Stores: 200
Population: 54

Moment of the year: When a tame black bear we had recently purchased from the elves almost completely destroyed an incoming siege by itself (sadly it was killed in the process).

-MB
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 10:16:19 pm by Mickey Blue »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: February 26, 2011, 02:07:33 am »

These dorfs are doomed :'(

The tantrum spiral has sputtered out, and as long as I leave the doors closed ever so tightly nothing interesting should happen to us. That spiral killed all of the starting seven and a grand total of at least 20. Most of them were criminals under various circumstances and had their brains dashed across the walls by our completely unarmed guards. (note; require headgear for everyone at some point.)

There are 8 dwarves outside the walls. When I seal the underfort off from the overfort they will take over the overfort along with any migrants, while everyone left underground will be an entirely seperate society and exist solely of their own offspring and the occasional legendary I permit to live there. When everything is done and both fortresses are self-sustaining I will declare it the year of the party and everyone will party.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10953 on: February 26, 2011, 02:10:03 am »

I'm building a huge underground village in the 3rd layer of the caverns
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: February 26, 2011, 02:38:05 am »

Game crashed; I'll revert to the autosave later.

Moving on to 31.19;

I decided harpies should lay eggs, so I made them lay eggs. Hopefully this will permit them reproduce without needing a male caste. Going to test it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10955 on: February 26, 2011, 02:39:05 am »

Here lies "Worker Bee" Cattenavuz, who was too Arnok-damned stupid to dodge behind the gigantic wall and array of cage traps, instead spending a week running in circles around the fort pursued by a band of goblin spearmen.

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: February 26, 2011, 04:15:52 am »

A strange mood metalsmith just took over a magma forge. First ingredient is adamantine wafers. The rest is either alpaca wool or jewels.

Artifact turned out to be an adamantine buckler. Nothing really intriguing about it. Has the image of a dorf being struck down by a blind cave ogre, that happened in some siege at some other fort 50 or so years ago.

Now I have a forgotten beast. A huge eyeless dinosaur that spurts poison gas.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:26:12 am by Knarfle »
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10957 on: February 26, 2011, 08:04:02 am »

Siege moar!

Demons and goblins with bows.
Goblins with bows.

Two sides conflicted, massive firefight, demons won and I managed to draw up my bridges just in tim, dropping half a dozen in the river. There are now about eight standing outside the fort. Not letting the military handle them - they'd be ripped apart.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10958 on: February 26, 2011, 08:07:51 am »

working on a "magmifier" entrance that works on Urist's law of relativity.
I'm pumpaporting magma at 5 Urists/frame.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

asnys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: February 26, 2011, 09:27:45 am »

I'm in the midst of a very long-term program to replace my fortress's exterior walls with glass windows.   See, I'm built into the side of a cliff next to a major river, under a waterfall from a brook.   Once the windows are done, my dwarves are going to have the best view ever.

Then I start on the interior walls.   EVERYTHING WILL BE GLASS!

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: February 26, 2011, 10:07:57 am »

in my case, every bit of construction will eventually be VOLCANIC GLASS!

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: February 26, 2011, 12:54:09 pm »

Just finished the danger room and it's hilarious with Genesis mod. 'The *spinning wooden training* spear hits the Recruit, bruising the right testicle'. After that he started blocking it with the blade of his sword. 1 day of use and I've already turned my cruddy military into a relatively decent fighting force.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: February 26, 2011, 01:17:17 pm »

The moloch Sutu Gugosulud Gomuxemxa Uspsast has come!

*gasp* Oh my god megabeast! Quick, get the spears! Oh my god why militia is sleeping oh gods it's coming!...

...why it's not attacking?

*views* Ruler of goblins? Okay... but you should be ho-

'Sutu Gugosulud Gomuxemxa Uspsast, Friendly'

WHAT.

What is this I don't even... it's currently chilling with my militia on a hill where they were supposed to be doing an epic battle!

The report on interspecies diplomacy will continue...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: February 26, 2011, 01:26:44 pm »

The moloch Sutu Gugosulud Gomuxemxa Uspsast has come!

*gasp* Oh my god megabeast! Quick, get the spears! Oh my god why militia is sleeping oh gods it's coming!...

...why it's not attacking?

*views* Ruler of goblins? Okay... but you should be ho-

'Sutu Gugosulud Gomuxemxa Uspsast, Friendly'

WHAT.

What is this I don't even... it's currently chilling with my militia on a hill where they were supposed to be doing an epic battle!

The report on interspecies diplomacy will continue...

Try keeping him there, perhaps in a small buidling with a food chute and floodgate exit. Release the floodgate at the next Goblin seige, see what happens.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: February 26, 2011, 01:32:36 pm »

Try keeping him there, perhaps in a small buidling with a food chute and floodgate exit. Release the floodgate at the next Goblin seige, see what happens.

It's not the ruler of my civ, it's ruler of goblins, enemies-by-default.

And it's friendly? It's not the 'Cacame Incident', but something new I think?

Won't it be like with friendly goblin tower that turns hostile when siegers of the same civ arrive? A siege AND a megabeast in alliance against me...

That would be FUN(tm).
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 3842