Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108534 times)

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10875 on: February 22, 2011, 01:03:23 pm »

Same military I was just talking about -- the remnants anyway -- just ran into a GCS in the caverns.  It starts biting a Swordsdwarf over and over and over again after the Swordsdwarf punches it a few times and hits it with a copper shield.

Swordy gets back up from an archer and a "Soldier" whose weapon I didn't notice.  The GCS focuses on futilely biting this wounded Swordsdwarf while the two of them begin bashing it with a wooden crossbow and punching it in the freaking cephalothorax, killing it..

I first noticed this because the swordsdwarf is still alive and is spamming me with "cancels rest: webbed" messages.
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: February 22, 2011, 02:27:30 pm »

The militia captain slashes The Goblin Axeman in the right hand with his +adamantine greatsword+ and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The militia captain charges at The Goblin Axeman!
The militia captain punches The Goblin Axeman in the lower left back tooth with his left hand and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The militia captain collides with The Goblin Axeman!
The Goblin Axeman is knocked over and tumbles backward!
The Goblin Axeman loses hold of the ({small troll fur left glove}).
The Goblin Axeman loses hold of the ({copper battle axe}).
The militia captain stabs The Goblin Axeman in the left hand with his +adamantine greatsword+ and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Apparently my Militia captain took great offense at the death of my 'Goat on a rope' defense system and wants to make the murderous goblin's life as much of a living hell as he can for punishment.  I like the random punch thrown into the middle too.  DENTISTRY PAUUUNCH!

EDIT:
The Lancer scratches The Goblin Axeman in the lower front tooth and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The Lancer stabs The Goblin Axeman in the lower right back tooth with his {*adamantine lance*} and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Actually it seems my entire military is full of amateur dentists.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:33:03 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: February 22, 2011, 03:04:54 pm »

How'd you get those weapons? Or is it a fake? I didn't think lances were in-game and you could only get adamantine great swords from
Spoiler: Real spoiler (click to show/hide)
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10878 on: February 22, 2011, 03:12:03 pm »

Modding.  A greatsword is slightly larger than a two handed sword and costs twice the resources to make, and a lance is a big two handed spear.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Unfrozen Caveman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10879 on: February 22, 2011, 03:16:28 pm »

I just learned that my fort entrance provides no protection against goblin bowmen.  They killed my cougar AND my jaguar.  :'(

Tuonelan renki

• Bay Watcher
  • Knitting black wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10880 on: February 22, 2011, 03:51:30 pm »

I have a sudden urge to drop my mayor to the magma pit.

He ordered a glassmaker to be imprisoned because of violation of production mandate. Of course the mandate included making three crystal glass items. So, the glassmaker also gave birth in the cell, so apparently the poor baby will have to spend the first months of his life watching her mother chained to the wall (with a spiffy gold chain, though).

Dwarven justice apparently knows no mercy.
"We'll trade all your gold, cheese and prepared rabbit intestines to this box full of crap we carved out of limestone."
-Rockworks Sprayedswords, Baron of Helmsplunge

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #10881 on: February 22, 2011, 04:01:59 pm »

My Cheif Medical Dwarf and my Military Commander have taken a liking to each other. I think it is because my Medical Dwarf had his hand torn off by a crundles and my militrary commander has so far killed 11 of them in rapid sucession. Love at first sight? He proboly saw each other as she was slaughtering those little crabs.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: February 22, 2011, 04:18:14 pm »

Oh shit.

I just used a controlled cave-in to remove some more excess parts from project D and a piece of floor pierced about 5 levels of rock, hit the middle of a dwarven family, crushes only the mayor and lands her one level below on the table of the captain of the guard, who is using her corpse as a roast plate.

DF does not disappoint.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:30:19 pm by SlimyMarmot »

Ferrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: February 22, 2011, 04:47:22 pm »

I'm looking for the caverns on my desert map because I need water and wood but I just for the life of my dwarves can't find it. Weird.

Edit: Now I found the caverns... and they're fractured like hell. Now I know why I don't use the default openness settings when I can.  :P
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:37:45 pm by Ferrus »

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10884 on: February 22, 2011, 07:37:35 pm »

My fort is actually coming along pretty well. But I keep killing my miners. To be honest, it's their fault. If they hadn't made that big (randomly still standing with very little in the way of gravitational support) stick out in the middle, over the pitfall for the caravans, as opposed to digging around the outside, forcing me to bridge to the middle and then have them channel down, we wouldn't be in this mess. As it is, there have been three cave ins in quick succession killing two and seriously wounding another. I'm back down to 19 dwarves.

Not sure if I have any more seriously expendable dwarves, and I also want to try and limit the number of ghosts flying about...

Nekudotayim

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARF_ALIGNMENT:EVIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: February 22, 2011, 07:53:26 pm »

Almost 4 years have passed since the construction of the mega tower has started. Level 6 of the outside wall is almost finished. The usual goblin noobvasions happened. The king finally accepted friendship with some female dwarf. The armorsmith has become a master armorsmith and got the authorization to start making adamantine armor for the squads. Some weird creatures have been bought from the elven traders for some fun in the fortress. The last winter we accidentally trapped some mountain goats, who now serve us in the more or less functional food industry. The duke keeps requesting bismuth items at an insane frequency, even he knows, that this stuff is rare. Many dwarves have given their lives in more and more stupid circumstances (UristMcMiner trapped himself behind a tree, at least he could watch the sundown before he died) - but for an ultimate goal, to please Armok. And in the hospital there is UristMcSick since many many years. The doctors are still arguing, how they could heal him.
Once upon a time there was a dwarf. Then he died. The End.

Ferrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: February 22, 2011, 09:58:28 pm »

I need to sleep but my unfinished pump stack to power my magma forges is driving me nuts.

It's the first time I'm trying this, so...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: February 22, 2011, 10:28:56 pm »

Nothing interesting. The new version truly is nearly completely devoid of all veins and large clusters; all I've found is small gem clusters amongst all the layer stone.

Even the first cavern layer revealed just two small gem clusters!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:53:43 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: February 22, 2011, 10:38:31 pm »

Well, after a brief interlude to destroy my first 31.19 fort through a tantrum spiral, I'm back at Imagelance... still moving stone around... yay...

ugh. -resists urge to pull lever ahead of schedule- I need those haulers, I can't kill them yet~

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: February 22, 2011, 11:13:28 pm »

In Imagelance...

A vile force of darkness has arrived!

Sweet.

-drags all dwarves inside and lets the traps take care of it-

Edit: Well that was boring. They killed a rooster and are now taking for-bloody-ever to get in the cage traps. Blaaah.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:26:57 pm by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 3842