Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108207 times)

Nekudotayim

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARF_ALIGNMENT:EVIL]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10785 on: February 16, 2011, 11:56:13 am »

The king just arrived disrupting my plans to start my mega construction. Everyone is running insanely up and down in order to satisfy his demands. Meanwhile my miners are digging out a large room above the underground magma flow, channeling away the floor, in order to start farming obsidian by using a floodgate next to the underground river to control the water flow.
Once upon a time there was a dwarf. Then he died. The End.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10786 on: February 16, 2011, 12:05:51 pm »

I'm currently under siege by about 70 goblins and trolls. I'm safe, for now, but I can't get rid of them.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10787 on: February 16, 2011, 01:37:43 pm »

I'm currently under siege by about 70 goblins and trolls. I'm safe, for now, but I can't get rid of them.
MAGMA

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10788 on: February 16, 2011, 01:40:29 pm »

Whats going on my fort... well lets count , a load of galloons of magma , some hoards of demons , a heck load of war mogering goblins elves humans and kobolds , my dwarves locked up in a single square surounded by wood walls , yeah everithing is just peeerfect
Desu

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10789 on: February 16, 2011, 02:29:04 pm »

Currently going on a small defence upgrade. I recently had an encounter with two lost adventurers, one which killed three dwarves and a dog with it's fly breath, and the other who had his leg broken by a rock trap and then caged. I also caught a Gorlak. I attempted to chain the Gorlack up outside my fortress, but it didn't work... Saves me some time trying to do the same thing with the adventurer.

I am making a randomly-activated bridge defence thing as a side route into my courtyard, which at the moment is only an silhouette and has needed building for quite some time now. The bridge also needs building as do a bunch of other things. The bridge still needs constructing and then I can test to see if it will work as I intend it to: by having a dog step on a pressure plate at random and raise and lower it.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10790 on: February 16, 2011, 03:21:46 pm »

A goblin seige took out half my population. The goblins themselves aren't a threat anymore, but they don't need to be. My dwarves are kindly saving the goblins some time by murdering each other for them. Berserkers are running about, nobody's doing any work, and a fort that used to be the home of 110 dwarves now has less than thirty people in it. That's if you don't count all the corpses everywhere, soon to be spewing miasma all over the place. There seems to be good news: Most of the dwarves are maimed or injured in some way, so the berserkers don't go down very hard. Best thing to do is sit back and wait for it all to blow over, then rebuild with the few survivors.

I'm have lots of Fun.

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10791 on: February 16, 2011, 04:24:25 pm »

Since there's a new version out, I'm going to be getting rid of my 31.18 to make room. But since I love the military dwarves in my current fort, I will wait until there's a seige and let their 6-strong squad (newest member: "SaxtonHale" wielding our latest artifact, a gold pick) die like dwarves before they're lost to deletion.

Should be Fun.
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10792 on: February 16, 2011, 08:23:45 pm »

I began to make a moat but I decided against it in favor of a contingency plan. I'm gonna be locking several dwarves in so they can stay, ya know, alive.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10793 on: February 16, 2011, 11:26:53 pm »

New .19 version and my animals are starving. I guess my pasture is too small.

Also, animals that died of starvation are unbutcherable.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10794 on: February 17, 2011, 12:14:58 am »

Getting a feel for the new .19 version including rooting around for potential bugs.  Found a couple minor ones already, but nothing too serious.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Bikgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10795 on: February 17, 2011, 12:19:21 am »

Playing .18 because I'm too attached to my fort, then...

Speaks for itself.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:21:56 am by Bikgn »

Mandango

• Bay Watcher
  • mayor cancels Destroy Building: Resting injury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10796 on: February 17, 2011, 12:23:20 am »

I'm having fun with the update and put in a next box just for the heck of it.  I didn't pay it much attention but somehow a turkey hen found its way into my fortress and settled itself into the nest box.  Promptly it laid TWELVE eggs which made the citizens of my fortress promptly think "MUST HAVE."

Now bare in mind, this isn't your domesticated turkey that is so dumb it drowns when it rains from looking up at the falling rain with its mouth open, this is a wild turkey.  These are the turkeys that Ben Franklin wanted as the symbol for America instead of the bald eagle.  Wild turkey are freaking tough as nails!  So it totally made sense that as soon as the wild turkey hen charged my dwarves that they ran back to the sweet comfort of rum in the meeting hall to make them forget of such a traumatic experience.

I hatched a plan to contain this raging beast of a bird.  It wouldn't go any further than two diagonal squares away from its nest, so I had my brave mechanic venture to build a cage trap on the border of this turkey's well defended territory.  Needless to say he ran from the bird's advance multiple times, but through diligence he eventually built the cage trap and through further strength of will he was able to mount the cage in the trap and the turkey hen was caught.  She was a worthy adversary and shall be respected through being tamed and spared from the butcher's block as long as she lives.  May my dwarves gain her strength through the nourishment of her eggs.
Don't forget to check that a live puppy not falling to his doom will also set off such a plate of course.
I'm not sure if I follow the logic here.  So... how do we kill the puppies?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10797 on: February 17, 2011, 08:31:33 am »

Trying to figure out how to build this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I need to learn how to create these macros I have heard so much about.

Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10798 on: February 17, 2011, 09:03:36 am »

This could be interesting.

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10799 on: February 17, 2011, 09:34:46 am »

doooo iiiiit!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 3842