Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6107743 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10710 on: February 13, 2011, 02:44:35 pm »

Dum dee dum... Merchant axedwarf staying at my fort... fourth year... waiting for seige...
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10711 on: February 13, 2011, 03:17:21 pm »

I just re-configured the hospital to also drown any room on command to kill the worthless sacks of disabled fat inside.

Dwarf Fortress: where Natural Selection exists in a civilized world.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10712 on: February 13, 2011, 03:19:27 pm »

Despite having quite a bit of wealth and having 49 dwarves I haven't been attacked yet. I'm even at war with goblins. What's with that?

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10713 on: February 13, 2011, 03:29:36 pm »

Chasmfall, having FINALLY gotten over the ridiculous numbers of deaths to stupid things like bugbats and dralthas, now has a healthy population of 80, of whom 20 are in the military.  It's been about 4 years since I've had a caravan, as I'm only NOT under siege for a month or two in the winter.  Bring on the War Elephants!  Oh, I finally have a working candy industry, and I love seeing my (smarter) Defenders outfitted in candy and steel.  It's so beautiful.  *sniffs*
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10714 on: February 13, 2011, 03:51:37 pm »

Aw, hell, an army of snakemen riding giant cave swallows just arrived. I have a bad feeling that some serious shit is about to go down.

Note to self, if we survive, build a roof over the fortress.

Garth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10715 on: February 13, 2011, 07:00:44 pm »

Is there any way to ensure that my dwarves build from a certain direction?
I'm getting kind of tired of building while trying to make sure my dwarves don't get stuck.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: February 13, 2011, 07:02:37 pm »

Order a wall on the side you don't want them on then suspend construction of it.

Garth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10717 on: February 13, 2011, 07:13:21 pm »

Order a wall on the side you don't want them on then suspend construction of it.
Oh brilliant. Thanks.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10718 on: February 13, 2011, 07:26:58 pm »

I'm currently besieged by an almight horde of goblins. I've created a trap-lined corridor that they'll have to go through to get inside the fort, and by the time they get there my military should be able to pick off the rest.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10719 on: February 13, 2011, 07:54:58 pm »

at the end of my trapped corridor are few ballistas, loaded, with operators' quaters closely located.
and before the trapped corridor they'll have to survive a retracted bridge covered deep pit.

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10720 on: February 13, 2011, 08:01:33 pm »

Guh. Genius. Why didn't I think of this.

Shogger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: February 13, 2011, 09:44:14 pm »

I'm very proud of my marksdwarves in my current fortress. They've put my axedwarves to shame with their diligence in training and their bravery in combat. Here's just a few tales of their valor.

They routed a goblin siege with only bone bolts, scoring more than a few headshots. They also managed to kill a minotaur that wandered onto the map.

One marksdwarf was wandering around the caverns off-duty, when she was attacked by a cave crocodile. The militia managed to save her, but she lost an arm to the croc. Despite missing her left arm, she continues to train and fight in combat. I can imagine her reloading the crossbow with her teeth. That's dedication!

Now that I'm cranking out metal bolts for them, they'll be a lot deadlier. I can't wait :D

Shrapull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10722 on: February 13, 2011, 09:46:50 pm »

I'm very proud of my marksdwarves in my current fortress. They've put my axedwarves to shame with their diligence in training and their bravery in combat. Here's just a few tales of their valor.

They routed a goblin siege with only bone bolts, scoring more than a few headshots. They also managed to kill a minotaur that wandered onto the map.

One marksdwarf was wandering around the caverns off-duty, when she was attacked by a cave crocodile. The militia managed to save her, but she lost an arm to the croc. Despite missing her left arm, she continues to train and fight in combat. I can imagine her reloading the crossbow with her teeth. That's dedication!

Now that I'm cranking out metal bolts for them, they'll be a lot deadlier. I can't wait :D

Haha, speaking of those brave marksdwarves, one of mine seems to only target spleens, no matter what.  He hits the goblin's spleen, then moves to a new target and leaves them to bleed out.  What a sadistic dwarf.

Garth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10723 on: February 13, 2011, 09:53:10 pm »

I'm so happy I finally figured out how pumps work.

That should teach those Elves to come to MY trade depot.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: February 13, 2011, 11:59:55 pm »

My hunters are putting every dwarf to shame.  TWO different hunters have 'discovered' goblin ambushes, and dealt to them, firstly by incapacitating at least 4 with bolts, then beating the rest around the head with the crossbow until the militia turns up and dispatches the unconscious gobbos.

And then I accidently walled one into an unexplored part of the caverns.  Went and killed two giant olm, a giant cave spider and a FB (although it was made of water, apparently) while he was waiting to be let back in...

Because DF players are heavily into pain.
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 3842