Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6107835 times)

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10515 on: February 04, 2011, 07:37:07 pm »

I've had those twice, I think. I have to agree they're pretty effective, shame about that pet and invader corpses aren't viable... this way the one in my current fort, creator of the donkey bone crown "I'm a stud", only got to process a few buzzards and rhesus macaques, which stole a stack of steel bolts from a trade depot and suffered a karmic fate aided by a bunch of civilian-drafted wrestlers.

Once I get my military and/or hunters to hunt down a few muskoxen I've got wandering around...
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: February 04, 2011, 10:01:10 pm »

Can someone tell me how to mod the raws so dwarves breed like cats?

You need to slowly feed them radiation, thereby making their testicles and sperm massive and superhuman. It's a miracle of nature!
A. Dwarves(and everything else for that matter) reproduce via spores. They have no testicles to speak of.

B. Radiation causes sterility, not increased fertility.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: February 04, 2011, 10:31:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Someone ring up that engraver, I want that description on every gravestone in the fortress!
Win.

My drawbridge trash compactor has just killed it's first dwarf. Loke the carpenter and her child were crushed.

This is a good time for science - do dwarves become ghosts if they were killed by a drawbridge?
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: February 05, 2011, 12:27:14 am »

yup.
and nice slab there too!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: February 05, 2011, 01:16:18 am »

Thanks to my engravers, I have discovered that the humans in my area have horrible, horrible luck when it comes to wildlife. I have six engravings of different humans being killed by one giant eagle, two tigers, and three elephants.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: February 05, 2011, 06:06:15 am »

Siege leader ran head first into a cage trap and the whole siege dissolved without any actual engagements.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: February 05, 2011, 06:49:04 am »

Siege leader ran head first into a cage trap and the whole siege dissolved without any actual engagements.

i've 8x4 cage trap array in front of my fort entrance.
every time siege leaders are captured among the first few.
but eventually other memeber would wonder around and get caught.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: February 05, 2011, 06:56:21 am »

i've 8x4 cage trap array in front of my fort entrance.
every time siege leaders are captured among the first few.
but eventually other memeber would wonder around and get caught.
I dont use that many traps but siege leaders do get captured every now and then. This is the first time they ran away like that.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: February 05, 2011, 07:06:56 am »

I was using the orc mod once, and the siege leader showed up on a saltwater crocodile. This would be extremely intimidating had the croc not decided to go for a swim.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #10524 on: February 05, 2011, 08:24:39 am »

My first non catastrofic goblin ambush. Giving weapons and armour to militia helps, it seems.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: February 05, 2011, 08:55:36 am »

My first non catastrofic goblin ambush. Giving weapons and armour to militia helps, it seems.
after i get decent amount of dwarf, like second spring or summer, i only make militia work out door, with gears on, so in the worst case senario, i'd get a dwarf (possibly) went in matial trance and slaughtering two thirds of the ambush party before being taken down or fallen by exertion.
and besides,wood cutting is great for axedwarf as it trains willpower and spatial sense(many labours train that though); herbalist and fishdwarf are really good labours to train focus for crossbowdwarf, not to mention hunter being even better.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: February 05, 2011, 10:10:47 am »

A horrible cave-in above my entrance went through 3 floors, killed two dwarves and wounded two others. Currently repairing bedroom section forthe dwarfs that are stuck there. My first taste of fun!
Spoiler: My bedroom floor (click to show/hide)
To explain the dead wrestler : My barracks was directly underneath my entrance, and my bedroooms were directly underneath my barracks. When the cavern collapsed, the wrestler's dead body fell down there.

EDIT : One of my legendary miners suffocated in the hospital.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:14:44 am by JacenHanLovesLegos »
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: February 05, 2011, 10:40:25 am »

after i get decent amount of dwarf, like second spring or summer, i only make militia work out door, with gears on, so in the worst case senario, i'd get a dwarf (possibly) went in matial trance and slaughtering two thirds of the ambush party before being taken down or fallen by exertion.
and besides,wood cutting is great for axedwarf as it trains willpower and spatial sense(many labours train that though); herbalist and fishdwarf are really good labours to train focus for crossbowdwarf, not to mention hunter being even better.
Attributes are trainable? I thought those were simply inherent.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: February 05, 2011, 10:46:29 am »

In brief, my farming operation

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm probably a bit late but I'm not entirely sure farming is supposed to involve fire.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: February 05, 2011, 10:56:23 am »

I think that was a joke.
Well hell, I should try that sometime...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 3842