Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109319 times)

Skivverus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #10140 on: January 25, 2011, 06:35:27 pm »

Sabreblock is currently working through the backlog of mined ores and caged goblins; the drop tower apparently could use a few more stories and perhaps steel rather than iron spikes, as the most recent crossbow goblin to fall off it turned into a hammer lord, albeit a gasping, vomiting, and generally defenseless wreck of one. In addition, progress on the buzzard netting is estimated at approximately thirty percent, with grates and block floors being constructed at a steady pace.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: January 25, 2011, 06:45:55 pm »

Six years of Belltowers...many goblins have fallen at our gates, the undead die in droves at the hands of our military, and we produce wealth only rumored of in other dwarven settlements.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: January 25, 2011, 07:05:44 pm »

Catten ágeshlimul Rabed Nebél, Commander is taken by a fey mood!

FEY MILITIA COMMANDER. FEY ARMORER.

ARTIFACT STEEL ______
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10143 on: January 25, 2011, 07:07:46 pm »

The reason for the founding of this fort has finally arrived in Bartorch: Kar Licalir Mogast Zulur aka Kar Strifefulfather the Eviscerator of Messiahs (i never get names like this for my adventurers  :-\). According to legends mode he should be the last colossus of this world. It took him 17 years to get attracted to the forts now 31 mil of wealth. My first squad's worst skills are wrestling and biting at level 9ish, the rest is mostly legendary except for armor user as they probably don't hit each other anymore while sparring. I'll order them all outside and see who gets the killing blow.
In other news some dust forgotten beast was annoying me so i made some fortifications 4 z-levels up in the caves and dropped bait horses in from above. I stationed my marksdorf at the fortifications and the first horse that didn't die on impact got it's attention. That darn op dust flew up all the z-levels and managed to hit 3 dwarfs through the fortifications. I ordered them through a cleaning trench but one went to run to the meeting rooms booze pile to refill his bottle. The resulting puddle of fb crap in the meeting rooms trench lead to some child bleeding to death (i think so far in 17 years no child managed to reach adulthood in this fort). The soldiers seem to be ok tho, some went to the hospital but apparently got better right away so the doctor didn't even get to diagnose them.
Oh yeah i wouldn't have needed the dwarfs anyway as the beasts dust cloud kicked it into a wall and it just blew up (it was made of talc, maybe that stone's softness is accounted for in inorganic beasts).
The cook made an adamantine bed which i gave to my favorite soldier, and someone made a gem barrel which i built into my dyer shop.

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: January 25, 2011, 07:30:08 pm »

A Sand Titan has come! A gigantic eyeless crow with fluffed-out feathers and a stubby lil' horn, and a poisonous bite (or would that be poisonous beak?).

Sounds kinda cute.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: January 25, 2011, 07:32:39 pm »

My dwarfs have died, At the hands of a fire breathing leach titan who blew up are booze and killed many a dwarf

So in other words Incrediable.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: January 25, 2011, 07:44:45 pm »

Catten ágeshlimul Rabed Nebél, Commander has created Tithlethdurad, a steel mail shirt!

Basic Value: 127200☼.

This is a steel mail shirt. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of steel, chalk, birch, cedar, and giant tiger bone. This object menaces with spikes of elephant leather. On the item is an image of Searchcoven the steel high boot in elf bone.
On the item is an image of the grizzly bear and Olngö Malignsink the goblin in chalk. Olngö Malignsink is striking down . The artwork relates to the killing of the grizzly bear by the goblin Olngö Malignsink with a copper short sword in Balancelashes in the late spring of 503 during Idatapalóthi, "The Splattered Onslaught".

It will go very well with the artifact steel shield he is carrying.

EDIT: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Balancelashes is now a barony. Huzzah! The decision has been made: Bomrek Avalmeng, legendary cook and my militia commander's wife. [...] I see nothing wrong with this plan.

I found the problem - my militia commander is now the baron consort, meaning that I CAN'T ASSIGN HIM ARMORSMITHING. This was the second non-possessed mood this fort (out of seven), and the first was a secretive bowyer, who was also a soldier.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:50:53 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: January 25, 2011, 07:54:19 pm »

Catten ágeshlimul Rabed Nebél, Commander has created Tithlethdurad, a steel mail shirt!

Basic Value: 127200☼.

This is a steel mail shirt. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of steel, chalk, birch, cedar, and giant tiger bone. This object menaces with spikes of elephant leather. On the item is an image of Searchcoven the steel high boot in elf bone.
On the item is an image of the grizzly bear and Olngö Malignsink the goblin in chalk. Olngö Malignsink is striking down . The artwork relates to the killing of the grizzly bear by the goblin Olngö Malignsink with a copper short sword in Balancelashes in the late spring of 503 during Idatapalóthi, "The Splattered Onslaught".

It will go very well with the artifact steel shield he is carrying.

EDIT: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Balancelashes is now a barony. Huzzah! The decision has been made: Bomrek Avalmeng, legendary cook and my militia commander's wife. [...] I see nothing wrong with this plan.

I found the problem - my militia commander is now the baron consort, meaning that I CAN'T ASSIGN HIM ARMORSMITHING. This was the second non-possessed mood this fort (out of seven), and the first was a secretive bowyer, who was also a soldier.

You know that DF loves you dearly if you're getting this.

Also, Malignsink, tee hee. What's next, Vicioustoilet?
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: January 25, 2011, 07:57:31 pm »

The artifact's name translates to Rumorbearded.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: January 25, 2011, 08:19:43 pm »

You could force the profession on for the guy with DT possibly. Also are you sure it's because he's a nobles spouse (i thought this wasn't in df2010 anymore), and not just because he's a champion status soldier?
The bronze colossus was dispatched or rather dismantled rather slowly btw, i counted about 7 pieces the finishing blow was from a named exceptional steel mace (lower body severed  :D). Afterwards a goblin siege came and i stupidly had to test my crappy magma trap on them. It only hit about 1 or 2 squads and some elite crossbow squad leader goblin from another squad got a lucky shot on one of my marksdwarves (headshot spinal nerve severed  ::)). The dwarfs actually managed to drag the poor sap to the hospital but treated another marksdwarf who had his leg cut open by a bolt first. The guy couldn't even breathe anymore but still survived for a surprisingly long time. No diagnose patient job was generated (i guess the doctors knew there was nothing to be done) and so he suffocated.
Due to the only fort exit being flooded by magma the goblin got away. I'll put the remaining 6 legendary marksdwarfs into my legendary shield user master teacher squad tomorrow, let's hope i can get these guys shield using skills up without converting them to melee dwarfs.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10150 on: January 25, 2011, 08:52:52 pm »

His job status says Noble. At least, it does when it doesn't say Eat, Drink, Sleep, or Station.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #10151 on: January 25, 2011, 09:05:20 pm »

I had a child grow to be a Peasant, and decided I'd train him up as a Trapper.  I built a few dozen animal traps, and then set 'catch a live land animal' on repeat.  Urist McNewbieTrapper ran around the food stockpiles for a while, not catching anything.

Unrelated to that, I was transferring some water out of a holding pen, and some spilled onto the floor.  Urist McNewbieTrapper immediately ran over to the flood.  Moments later, he went off to sleep, having finished his job.  I check what he's left behind.  It's an animal trap, containing a Sea Nettle Jellyfish.

Someone didn't quite get the 'Land' part of 'Catch Live Land Animal'
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: January 25, 2011, 09:10:22 pm »

Catch Live Beached Animal?

Also, take a gander at my bone hoard. It's quite impressive:

No, this year's batch haven't come yet. It's a good thing too - I'm out of space to expand this mess. I'm going to have to start roofing and draining murky pools to keep going. I have two butchers and seven bone carvers working full-time.

The lone M halfway down is a savanna titan.

EDIT: Oh no, whatever shall I do? My mayor and baroness have teamed up to sink my trading empire. I cannot export morningstars or cabinets. I am DOOMED, I say. All I can sell is the stockpile full of clothing and bone crafts.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 09:36:53 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: January 25, 2011, 11:20:46 pm »

....Why would somebody export cabinets?

tuldas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: January 25, 2011, 11:22:48 pm »

Just started playing recently, and for the first time lost my fort to something other than tantrum spiral. Got HFS instead. Think I only got 6 kills before they destroyed my untrained military, who were hiding in their lovely blue armor.

Haven't really learned how to do anything with mechanisms yet, so think i'm going to have the wiki open on the second screen, and work with them a bit. See if I can't finally make some magma forges, instead of searching for seams of coal to mine out for fuel.
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 3842