Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Superfighters Deluxe (FREE Old-School 2D beat-, shoot-, and blow-'em-up)  (Read 10843 times)

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!

Hey, guys, Dampe here, doing an interest check to see if anyone would be interested in doing a semi-regular Superfighters Deluxe game, Bay 12-style.

I'll assume that most of you haven't heard of this game, so I'll tell you a bit about it.

The original Superfighters was a flash game made by Mythologic Interactive that you could play in your browser.
You could play alone against bots, or use local multiplayer (sharing a keyboard) to do co-op or fight your friends.
It only allowed for two players and a maximum of six bots (or seven, if playing alone), but me and my friends spent many a lunch period taking turns blasting away at each other on a laptop.

Superfighters Deluxe is the sexy, streamlined sequel to Superfighters.
Unlike the original, Superfighters Deluxe has online multiplayer, and the ability to customize your fighter and create/edit maps. Bots and local multiplayer haven't been implemented yet (the devs have said that both are on their to-do list), but for a pre-alpha, the game is awesome.

Like it says in the thread title, Superfighters Deluxe is completely free at this stage, and you can download it here:
http://mythologicinteractive.com

If any of you guys try it out and like it, feel free to reserve a slot below in the Semi-Regular Bay 12 Superfighters Deluxe League. First date for matches will be decided upon when three other people sign up.

Any questions you have can be directed to me in this very thread!
Thanks, Dampe

SEMI-REGULAR BAY 12 SUPERFIGHTERS DELUXE LEAGUE SLOTS
(Slot 1: Dampe)
(Slot 2: werty892)
(Slot 3: Adragis129)
(Slot 4: Vacant)
(Slot 5: Vacant)
(Slot 6: Vacant)
(Slot 7: Vacant)
(Slot 8: Vacant)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:51:10 pm by Dampe »
Regards,
Dampe

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile

Watched a youtube video for gameplay, and this actually looks really cool. Will definitely have to try it out later today.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The original was a lot of fun, though I was pretty bad; if I can get this working on Linux I'll check it out.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

Really awesome. Been playing for a bit, and it's definitely my jam. Put me down for a league slot.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile

Okay, will do.
  :D
Regards,
Dampe

ConsUme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

except It won't launch in windows 8.1  :(
Goddamit SourceForge

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile

Oh, dear.
Windows 8 is not my area of expertise, I recently purchased a new Dell laptop, but I made sure it was Windows 7.
All I've heard from people who have Windows 8 is that it's basically like the four horsemen of the apocalypse.
Regards,
Dampe

ConsUme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It usually runs amost everything...

But This Game won't launch

and GTKradiant and forks will not run without errors.
Goddamit SourceForge

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

I loved Superfighters. I was a great rocket jockey.
Sign me up!
thincake

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile

Shall do.
Regards,
Dampe

ConsUme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:)

Found the Problem

XNA was not installed.

Goddamit SourceForge

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile

Oh, yeah. Sometimes I'll boot it up and it'll give me error messages, but if I just close it out and retry, it usually works.
Are you in, ConsUme?
Regards,
Dampe

Ruskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Game's pretty fun, sign me up

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile

oh my GOD it's this game again! I completely forgot it existed, sign me on. I'm gonna nostalgia the dickens out of this thing.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:06:25 pm by rabidgam3r »
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

ConsUme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, yeah. Sometimes I'll boot it up and it'll give me error messages, but if I just close it out and retry, it usually works.
Are you in, ConsUme?

If requiring Voice chat then no...

If not yes...
Goddamit SourceForge
Pages: [1] 2 3