Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Addicted to......Clicker Heroes?!  (Read 8254 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Addicted to......Clicker Heroes?!
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 01:09:00 pm »

I would probably play this, except it's on steam and i cant do other steam games while this is running >.>
http://www.clickerheroes.com Non-Steam version.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 05:27:19 pm »

I want to see how far I can go my first time through but, I'm up against a brick wall here. All my DEEPS and superhuman clicking just barely got me through the boss at level 140.

Is it even feasible to obtain the Dread Knight without ascending? I did some napkin math and it suggests that it'd take something like 158444 years to farm that much gold at my current rate :(

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 05:33:15 pm »

Well, either way the game is more or less running in the background if you close it. It just figures out how much time passed since you last saved and works out how much money you'd have if you kept playing without upgrading.
But then you won't be able to grind kills for the DPS bonus achievements.

In related news, did you know that killing a boss raises your boss kills counter and your monster kills counter? It's too bad that the boss kills achievement only goes to 100k though.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2015, 10:03:53 am »

I want to see how far I can go my first time through but, I'm up against a brick wall here. All my DEEPS and superhuman clicking just barely got me through the boss at level 140.

Is it even feasible to obtain the Dread Knight without ascending? I did some napkin math and it suggests that it'd take something like 158444 years to farm that much gold at my current rate :(

Not really, at least if you are playing normally. You won't be affording Dread knight for your first 5-6 ascensions, minimum.

Due to how things scale, each boss has roughly double the health of the boss before it. so you will hit walls in your progress that are effectively impassable by simply grinding for gold, 140 is the first one. You need to ascend and get the bonuses from Hero Souls and Ancients to break through those walls.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2015, 11:04:07 am »

I always find it weird when "Pay to Win" games... aren't pay to win.

Like you CAN buy a lot of gems but you basically just screwed yourself out of money because it isn't worth that much.

Then again... The "pay for" option are for both the opulent and for people who have "problems".
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:06:55 am by Neonivek »

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2015, 02:27:05 pm »

Not really, at least if you are playing normally. You won't be affording Dread knight for your first 5-6 ascensions, minimum.

Due to how things scale, each boss has roughly double the health of the boss before it. so you will hit walls in your progress that are effectively impassable by simply grinding for gold, 140 is the first one. You need to ascend and get the bonuses from Hero Souls and Ancients to break through those walls.

It's not really mentioned anywhere but, each hero soul adds a 10% DPS bonus, yes?

and do you earn these souls from leveling your heroes, advancing levels or killing monsters?

I noticed some boss fights reward them...

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2015, 03:12:19 pm »

It's not really mentioned anywhere but, each hero soul adds a 10% DPS bonus, yes?

and do you earn these souls from leveling your heroes, advancing levels or killing monsters?

I noticed some boss fights reward them...

You earn 1 soul for every 2,000 levels in total between your heroes. Early on this will likely be at least half of the souls you earn per ascension. You will usually want to ascend with wither 14,000 or 16,000 hero levels for your first few ascensions.

The Centurion bosses every 100 zones will always drop souls based on the zone level. Other bosses past zone 100 have a base 25% chance to be Primals which will drop souls the first time they are defeated on a particular run. Bosses will stay Primal if you have to drop back a level to farm gold, but will be reset to random after you ascend. The number of Souls dropped by a boss depends on the zone it spawns in and it generally increases by one for every 15 zones further on. The accurate formula is HS=((((Zone-80)/25)^1.3)*(1+Solomon bonus)).

Note that you will actually obtain the souls after you ascend, the souls you earn during a particular run won't actually effect that run itself.

Also note that the Quick Ascension is the best value per ruby of the items that you can buy with the rubies that drop, but hold off on using it until you are at the point where you would normally ascend. The souls given by a QA are the average number of souls that would be dropped by bosses in a run that reaches the highest zone you have ever cleared + 7 extra souls that take the place of the souls you gain from hero levels. These go straight into your bank and so will effect your damage for the remainder of your current run, which will normally allow you to push a number of zones further.

Read through the Beginners guide I wrote, most of the basics are explained there.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:14:02 pm by Metalax »

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2015, 03:35:23 pm »

Am i missing something or does summing ancients and re rolling gilded are inferior to just keeping the souls?

Also, the Dark Ritual booster world duration, what exactly is "World" there? each ascension is a new world?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:37:00 pm by Vilanat »

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2015, 03:42:40 pm »

Read through the Beginners guide I wrote, most of the basics are explained there.

That's a really slick guide, very well put together.

definitely worth an up-vote, thanks!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2015, 03:44:49 pm »

Am i missing something or does summing ancients and re rolling gilded are inferior to just keeping the souls?

Also, the Dark Ritual booster world duration, what exactly is "World" there? each ascension is a new world?

Ignoring that one ancient is basically an improved version of keeping souls...

Think of the other ancients as a multiplier to how effective you are right now...

Each soul is about 10%... but each ancient is like .01%

Sure It isn't helpful right now... but when you have 10000 souls each ancient is essentially a 100% boost.

That is just a metaphor but I hope you understand what I mean.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2015, 04:01:48 pm »

Casual game?

No thanks.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 04:16:58 pm »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 05:55:27 pm »

the first run is a bitch.

Meh, you Steam players are spoiled. Older versions of the game had no ancients, no free hero souls at multiples of 100 levels, no random hero souls from bosses every 5...the only way to get hero souls was from hero levels. 1 per 2000 levels.

Now, you can do your first ascension in a day, be guaranteed freebies at level 100 plus 5 or 6 from levels, then pick up Siyalatas/Libertas and do ascension #2 in hours.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 06:30:07 pm »

Well, thanks for getting me addicted too. Even with a clicking script I just can't stop looking at the screen and go study.

Wish the hero skills weren't hidden though, now I'll have to look for a wiki or something to lay out my strategy.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 07:05:37 pm »

whats up with the bumblebee? Cant find any reference to it, when I click it nothing happens.
I got nothing
Pages: 1 [2] 3