Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: The Tower Council [NIGHT]  (Read 5650 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: The Tower Council (the more players, the merrier!)
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 10:59:56 am »

Posting to at least watch, since this sounds interesting.

Not yet posting a character, since I don't know how much involvement is required. I can guarantee at least a post a day, unless circumstances keep me away from the internet for the day, but I'm afraid I might drag things down if there needs to be a lot of back-and-forth between players like I'm guessing this game would require.

Also, would it be possible to join the game later if need be?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 11:08:32 am »

Name: Harald (Ghazkull)
Family Name: Stonetree
Family Trait: Powerful, Wealthy
Affiliation: House Stonetree of course

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 11:09:19 am »

Name: Beatrice (A1s)
Family Name: Blackridge
Family Trait: Scheming
Affiliation: The Turquoise Fellowship
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 11:24:04 am »

By the way, isn't the correct word centuria, not centurius? Hence, Centuriae rather than Centurii?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 03:13:43 pm »

Duh and I studied Latin. Fix'd.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 08:38:58 am »

Bump so hopefully I get more potential Towers before tomorrow.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 08:59:37 am »

Name: Banov (Taricus)
Family Name: Seran
Family Trait: Popular
Affiliation: Ragona's Centuria
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 12:39:46 pm »

Bump so hopefully I get more potential Towers before tomorrow.
Or you could start early~ Would probably get more people interested if they can see what the actual gameplay would actually be like.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2015, 01:13:20 pm »

6 players is more than enough to start...more will surely join when we start backstabbing each other...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2015, 01:28:44 pm »

Ye, just done updating first post with stuff. Now preparing first game post.
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2015, 02:14:24 pm »

//Several players received Pre-Day 1 instructions and info.

VIII.V.MCDLXXVII (Day 1)

The Council have gathered in the spacious Hall of the Towers. Senex Princeps, Chief of the Centuria, The Highest Judge and Master of the Coin are all here, along with 41 Towers. Senex Princeps have begun to speak once everyone was seated on the low stone benches, which formed a wide circle around the center of the hall. Senex and the four other Princes, as they're called together, are seated at the northern side.

SENEX: "Councilmembers, welcome. Today we have to discuss and decide on three topics. First of all: Ragona's Centuria is asking us to enact a law that will temporarily allow the Centuria to conscript young free-men aged 18 to 35, who are jobless and do not have a family, into their ranks for basic training and one-year post as the city guards. The law would be in force for half a year."

Chief of the Centuria rose up to speak.

CHIEF: "Noble Towers! I ask you to let us do with the conscription. The Ningard Empire grows stronger and bolder each day, and so does the Cult of the Black Sun. While officially we're at peace, their soldiers - or hired thugs - are causing trouble on other eastern and western borders. By allowing us to temporarily conscript young, healthy men, we could strengthen our ranks, which might serve as efficient detriment to the foreign agents."

He sat down, and Senex Princeps continued.

SENEX: "Second of all: The engineers' guild have sent us a project for a new aqueduct that would transport the clean water from the Lavia's Hills in the southwest to the Cupola District, where the poor and sick have been dwelling for centuries. The pleb, as you might remember, was rioting last month because the clean water in the district has been scarce."

Master of the Coin stood up.

MASTER: "Fellow Councilmembers - I have personally reviewed that project and I have to say it is too costly for our treasury. There are numerous extensions of the aqueduct in the project that offer nothing but luxury to the pleb. I ask you to reject the project in the voting, and I shall talk with the engineers' guild so they change the project into something smaller and cheaper. The pleb have waited so long, that few more weeks won't change anything."

He sat down, while Chief of the Centuria stood up quickly.

CHIEF: "I ask you that you, this time, do loosen the purse, Towers of Ragona. The damage that was done during the rioting was quite costly. I would argue that repairing of the damaged premises is just as expensive as that one aqueduct - not to mention replacing the brave city guards that have been killed. Please consider my words."

The Chief sat down, while Master of the Coin grimaced. Senex Princeps coughed.

SENEX: "Third and last: A messenger from the Ningard Court have arrived. Ningard Emperor, Xorin the Third, wrote a letter in which he asks that we consider giving the Empire a loan of 10.000 golden ducats at flat interest rate of 12%, for the duration of six months. I have spoken with Master of the Coin beforehand, and we believe that we can lend the money to the Empire, which might warm the rather cold relations between our city-state and them. We should consider, however, that sending the money will probably do not allow us to start the construction of the new aqueduct I have mentioned earlier. Thusly, I declare the voting on First and Third Issue a mutually exclusive vote; those that vote Yes on the First will then have to vote No on the Third, and vice versa. Now, if any of Towers wants to speak on any of the matter, now we have the time."

Senex Princeps lifted the iron staff, symbol of his office, and struck the marble floor three times with the lower end of the staff. Clang, clang, clang. The Time of Discussion is now.

//Morning phase have begun. It is 9:10pm local time, and this phase shall end between 9:10am and around 9:10pm tomorrow. If needed, I can extend it (please tell if you need more time later).
//EDIT: Fixed the interest rate of that loan.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:36:18 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 02:37:12 pm »

The Senex Princeps looked to be having an off day.

"If a riot has been quelled just last month, would the middle class be so quick to riot once again? Have we so many agitators within the pleb that every month we face some form of mass disturbance? This ought to be investigated if so."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 02:40:40 pm »

SENEX: "It has been only a single riot in entire city this year. Compared to the year before, and the year before that, the things have been quiet and the city is prospering in peace."

CHIEF: "It would be about time we actually tried to have a single year without a riot, however! The riot is prime reason behind the temprorary conscription law that the Centuria have forwarded to the Senex and the Council."
SigFlags!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 02:48:08 pm »

Harald Stonetree stood up among the Councillors. His House was known to hire out Caravan Guards, Mercenaries and members of the family have been more often than not in the Centuria for at least some years.

The Chief of the Centuria is right. We are stuck between the Ningard and those weird Black Sun folks, an expansion of our Centuria through conscription laws would certainly allow us to better patrol the borders and make of us a prize not worth having.
But Conscription will be unpopular and so we need the aqueduct, not to mention that the plebs wouldn't riot if they didn't have ample reason, give them their aqueduct and they'll be happy. In the long run we will have a healthier and happier plebs which leads to healthier and happier conscripts which makes for a stronger Centuria...

besides what does the Emperor need all those ducats for?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 03:00:15 pm »

"Oh, I am well aware of this being the first riot. What I am asking is what the current situation is in the Cupola District. Are they so riled that they would be likely to riot again? If not, then the damage is already done, and with the expenses already incurred in the budget, we may be forced to save a bit on account of the ungrateful populace. Rioting about unclean water of all things, my goodness. The damage of the riots and the ensuing reconstruction serves as an adequate excuse, and would in fact be a very good object lesson. Does us no good if we give in to the violence of the underclass, does it? It'd only encourage them to try this sort of thing again."

"With that in mind, however, perhaps it is in our collective interest, then, to postpone conscription until the aqueduct is constructed so that we do not, in fact, incite another riot on account of that. I cannot imagine it'd be terribly popular among the underclass, let alone the plebs."

(I assume plebeians are, as in Ancient Rome, the middle class, in that they can actually vote and have decent homes, and also qualify for proper military service, and beneath them is the actual underclass living in insulae and whatnot.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:12:26 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7