Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Embarking in a World Without Dorfs  (Read 3936 times)

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embarking in a World Without Dorfs
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2015, 05:10:56 pm »

Furthermore, people have ]been begging ]for multithreading since 2006.  Don't hold your breath.  I don't think I've ever seen a quote where Toady's even considered it, no matter how many people complain about how easily it could be done, mostly because Toady's never worked with multithreading, and thinks it would be too much of a bother (would require destroying a ton of code) to try learning it.

I'm glad he doesn't. I don't think I would have gotten around to having kids if I hadn't walked away from my epic fortresses due to fps death.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embarking in a World Without Dorfs
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 05:10:16 am »

I had success in creating mostly dwarfless worlds in past versions by limiting the amount of mountains/other hilly areas.  Not sure if this will work with the newer version, but it might be worth a shot.  Also: getting rid of caravans and migrants past the first two waves should be as simple as removing the brackets from [ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN].  No caravan/trade rep means no update to whatever the game is counting as your civilization.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
Pages: 1 2 [3]