Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Star Wars Bridge Crew 2: Escape from Tatooine (Game now live)  (Read 13037 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Star Wars Bridge Crew 2: Escape from Tatooine (Game now live)
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2015, 12:37:10 pm »

Sorry, but I'll have to spend my cash on the things to make the emergency stuff work probably.

Snail turns away and goes to buy a power cell and a wall bracket for the extinguisher, leaving someone else to sign the contract.
Do we really need a wall bracket for the extinguisher? We can just put it in a cabinet or something.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2015, 12:46:08 pm »

Right then, buy myself some 10 days' worth of water and food rations. That ought to do me just fine, methinks. And also a 15 cr backpack. That ought to leave me with 25 credits.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2015, 01:27:21 pm »

((Do remember we'll probably need credits to dock at Ryloth))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2015, 06:34:44 pm »

Turn Update

Snail turns away and goes to buy a power cell and a wall bracket for the extinguisher
Right then, buy myself some 10 days' worth of water and food rations. That ought to do me just fine, methinks. And also a 15 cr backpack. That ought to leave me with 25 credits.

Snail and Harry do some shopping.  Snail picks up a power cell for his glowrod and a mounting bracket for his fire extinguisher, leaving him creditless.  Harry buys a backpack and some rations, leaving him with 15. Tossing his food rations into the pack and putting it on he concludes that it's really very convenient to have his hands free. Though it wouldn't be fast to remove anything from the pack. You probably wouldn't want to put a weapon in there if you expect to use it.

Buy 70 credits worth of water rations

Taricus flags down one of the general maintenance droids wandering around.

: "Excuse me. I'd like the water tank on my ship filled. Can you do that?

: "Beep. Bee-bee-chirp be byurp beeep??"

: "...I have no idea what you just said."

: "Scyyorrwwwoorr....be-b-beep."

The droid puts down its third leg and rolls away. Taricus follows it to a console where it plugs in and puts text up on the display.

Screen: "Yes, I can fill your tank. Would you like a full service for 200 credits?"

: "No, how much just to fill the tank? We're running on empty right now."

The droid's scomp link visibly rotates while it accesses specs for the Gentle Breeze.

Screen: "YV-100 freighter, 5 cubic meter tank. 50 credits."

That's expensive. Water is free for hangar guests on a lot of planets. But Tatooine being a notoriously dry world it makes sense that they wouldn't want to be exporting it. Still, it's less than the 70 he was willing to pay, so Taricus goes ahead and pays to have the tank filled.

Dr. BFEL signs the contract

The hangar scans BFEL's ID while he signs the contract, then transfers 150 credits to his credstick.

Hangar Tech: "Great. I'll get on this right away."

and asks the nice tech if he managed to pass that stone alright

((Is it ok to make him a former patient? Will change if not.))

(No. I don't want to set that precedent. It bit me last game when I took Ituem's suggestion about the Doctor and people tried RPing stuff into existence. This is a game, not collaborative writing. If you "just happen" to know the mechanic, then somebody else "just happens" to know the guard and somebody else "just happens" to be related to the mayor, and so on. Let's not go there.)

What do you do?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2015, 07:00:00 pm »

But Hoth being a notoriously dry world it makes sense that they wouldn't want to be exporting it.
((I think you meant Tatooine.))

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2015, 10:49:34 am »

Dammit, out of credits, we're gonna need more hyperdrive fuel with this bucket of rust.
I do stuff, I guess

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2015, 11:12:44 am »

"Well, I'd give you what money I have left, but I doubt that's enough to get any fuel. We'd need about 300 credits worth of it to make it here and back."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2015, 03:38:08 pm »

Actually, 350 credits worth. A rounding error like that, though expectable, can endanger this voyage. In any case, my calculations suggest that we should be able to acquire additional credits by taking on goods on our trip towards Ryloth.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2015, 10:08:49 pm »

Turn Update

/
The bunch of you mostly stand around, not sure what to do.

After about 20 minutes the tech BFEL signed the contract with shows up with an astromech droid and a large powered lift, and removes the three escape pods from the Gentle Breeze. It takes him longer than he claimed, but after a couple hours he lets you know he's finished and that you can leave at any time.

Dammit, out of credits, we're gonna need more hyperdrive fuel with this bucket of rust.
"Well, I'd give you what money I have left, but I doubt that's enough to get any fuel. We'd need about 300 credits worth of it to make it here and back."
Actually, 350 credits worth. A rounding error like that, though expectable, can endanger this voyage. In any case, my calculations suggest that we should be able to acquire additional credits by taking on goods on our trip towards Ryloth.

Actually, you have have enough fuel to get there already. Hyperdrive fuel is available for 50 credits per day's travel, and when Ebbor plotted the course he concluded that it would take 3 days and ten hours each way, for a total of 6 days and 20 hours round trip.

The Gentle Breeze already has five days worth of fuel. You therefore don't need to buy any fuel to get there, but will need to procure two additional days worth of fuel to get back. You can purchase it here right now, or on Ryloth later. Though since you've no idea whether it will be more or less expensive there, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to buy the extra two day's worth now so you at least know when you're spending.

Two days worth of fuel will cost 100 credits.

Your party has at least 445 credits that people have admitted to having.

There shouldn't be any problem.

It also occurs to you that you might purchase a credstick to keep on the ship for communal funds that anyone can use. 150 of the 445 credits came from selling the ship's escape pods, and 150 came from contributions from individual party members stating their intent that they be used for communal purposes. If credits like these were placed on a credstick that anyone could access, say on the bridge, that would simplify credit expenditures when individual party members are...unavailable.

Yes, that's an excellent idea. You're glad you thought of it.

On the other hand, there are probably other solutions. You did, after all, come up with the idea of selling the escape pods and that turned out ok.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2015, 10:10:26 am »

This job isn't going to do itself, we better get going.
I do stuff, I guess

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2015, 10:19:07 am »

"Right, I'll grab the extra credstick and slap the remaining funds onto it after we get the extra fuel. Once that's done, we should good to go."

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2015, 10:28:52 am »

Righto, I'll be in the cockpit checking this thing over.
I do stuff, I guess

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2015, 10:30:16 am »

Purchase a spare credstick for communal use, and load all the communal funds onto it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2015, 01:22:15 pm »

Purchase a spare credstick for communal use, and load all the communal funds onto it.
Don't waste money on an extra one right now. Just take mine and use that instead. I'll get it back when the job is over.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2015, 01:28:21 pm »

Check if anyone needs cargo thrown at Ryloth Best not pass up any opportunity to make extra cash and get out from under the Hutts...bastards are heavy after all.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5