Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Things that prove that losing is fun  (Read 4348 times)

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that prove that losing is fun
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 07:44:00 pm »

I need to try to do this in adventure mode SO badly...
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Splatterpope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://-
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 02:23:00 am »

Carry around a barrel of booze and a torch for those times when you just need to clear a room in style.

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 08:36:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Yep, booze goes boom.  Smoke and flames.

There's a video of the last sparks of a wine barrel going off, but I forget where it is.</STRONG>

Here at the DFMA:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-42-boozeexplosion

Edit: I'm an especially big fan of the virtually limbless horse after the explosion.

[ December 02, 2007: Message edited by: Genuine ]

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 05:34:00 pm »

I accidently mined into the magma on one fort, I did so on a higher level than my main fort so the magma was likely to flood my entire fortress. In a desperate attempt to save my dwarves I made few quick changes to my irrigation system and turned it on, the resulting flood hit the magma and created a wall of obsidian. So about half my dwarves were dead but my fortress was safe and I was ready to start over so I headed over to the lever conrolling my irrigation system to turn it off only to realise in horror that it was now encased in obsidian.   :roll: My only survivng miner had a red spinal injury and his pick was sitting in a pool of 7/7 water so I had no hopes of tunneling out, and my central staircase was both flooded with magma and behind a wall of obsidian, had to watch as the rest of my fort having been saved for the magma drowned instead.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 05:42:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Dame de la Licorne:
<STRONG>

Wow.  Talk about alcohol dependency.</STRONG>

Are dwarves smart with fire now? They wouldn't put the flaming corpses in the graveyard beside the food stockpile, or bring anything on fire near the booze. They'll happily through a muskox over the ledge into the magma to burn up but won't risk harming the booze. I'm going adventure mod to further test this.

I can't find any booze at my old fortress. All the barrels are empty. And I can't buy any from the human merchants.

[ December 02, 2007: Message edited by: THLawrence ]

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 07:15:00 pm »

hmmmm... I think I'm going to rig up a booze explosion trap.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Rozenbuddy

• Bay Watcher
  • High on Caffine
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 05:49:03 pm »

One of my fortresses died when a http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Giant_eagle managed to fly into the main gate of my fortress. We all know what happens next.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 07:28:21 pm »

Er, this thread is nearly two years old. Was it really necessary to resurrect it?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 07:44:22 pm »

yes it probably was
Back to Mafia with me!

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 12:49:14 am »

Found this hilarious
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

KiviGerbil

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 01:11:43 pm »

Losing IS fun..

For a fortress i had the (silly) idea to protect myself from outside stuff by using war dogs. Also it was my idea to gather lots of dogs and cover the magma vent with floor tiles, so i wouldn't get fire imps and i could make magma forges.. and stuff.

So i had lots of dogs, and lots and lots more of puppies, hundreds.

When i tried to take the magma vent, something went horridly wrong.. someone caught fire. Fire spread in my fortress, burning all of the dogs and other things. Finally my fortress was filled with boiling dog fat.

I'm really bad at this :D

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 01:22:49 pm »

Alright, so I modded humans to have crops that take a long time to grow. I also modded them to be used in building material for ceilings(Straw ceilings, anybody?). For the first couple of years I only used it for food. Then I get the grand idea of making some shelters for the population.
 I didn't make enough flour first.
 By the time the crops had grown everybody had resorted to hunting vermin and only hunting vermin. No jobs could be had. Then the slow sinking into insanity and RAEG began. Corpses were everywhere. By the end there were only two people left, one was trying to die from a segment of wall that was only one level tall. the other tried to drown in the half-filled inside moat, but had learned swimming before drowning.

Every attempt at reclaiming that place resulted in a named titan that had moved in there that had maxed strength wrecking the reclaim crew.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Randomonioum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 04:46:26 pm »

I forgot how pressurised the ocean is, and tried to use it in a waterfall. A waterfall at the TOP of my fortress. Five minutes of lag later, and all of my fortress is filled with 7/7 water, and my dwarves are all drowning. Best bit was, it revealed about 5 kobold thieves in my fort, and they drowned too! :D
If you gave them a biome then the Elves may indeed start turning up with Wagons in cages.
Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.

SquirrelWizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2009, 05:36:53 pm »

Makes me wonder...<P>If you stick a fuse in a Dwarven Booze barrel, what will happen?<P>Also, when caveins start working, those Booze Blasts better cause some!  :)

Urist McFratboy grabs keg and heads to dining room to host party...
Balanced Wheels is just rolling along

A small sign posted at the far end of the catapult range.

"In ToolCrew Microline strikes you!"

UndergroundTree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2009, 07:37:33 pm »

I got fed up with a oceanside fort once. I dug 10 channels into the ocean. Then died from a goblin ambush before the slow water could flood my tiny fort  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3