Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Things that prove that losing is fun  (Read 4350 times)

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Things that prove that losing is fun
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2009, 11:45:38 pm »

I forgot how pressurised the ocean is, and tried to use it in a waterfall. A waterfall at the TOP of my fortress. Five minutes of lag later, and all of my fortress is filled with 7/7 water, and my dwarves are all drowning. Best bit was, it revealed about 5 kobold thieves in my fort, and they drowned too! :D

"You should always look on the bright side of life (dada, da-da-da-da-da-daaa)..."
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.

Rozenbuddy

• Bay Watcher
  • High on Caffine
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 10:07:54 pm »

One of my above-ground human challenge forts went terribly wrong, I embarked where the great winged beasts lied. I am speaking none other than the wretched scamp known as... the giant eagle. It was a prosperous day... the humies trying to find out what "mayors" or "Captains of the city guard" were... when it came. They actually, two giant eagles frolicking in the skies, looking for their victims. One spotted one of my wood-cutters and swooped in! the other followed, and as they grew the taste for humies I knew something had to be done. I turned off the flying tag and they fell to the ground! Armok help me, they were still alive, swarming my army of soldiers I sent, After about 10 strong died, I attempted to bring them back to the gates, but I was too late... they killed every soldier I had... and went after an un-finished section of my great walls to slaughter the marksmen set in the towers. All of the civilians had evacuated into my siege burrow, only to be torn apart by the giant eagle who flew in. The other attacked the humies left that were running in terror, tantruming for their fallen loved ones, or unconcious. The worst part... a soldiers who was unconscious, while being carried to a hospital bed by a blood-covered loved one, was torn apart by the terrible giant duo. Fun, has surly came in with a bloody claw. Litteraly.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:10:05 am by Chapin the Dwarf »

Fien

• Bay Watcher
  • I kinda miss 40d, I knew how that worked.....sorta
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 10:47:36 pm »

Some fire imps attacked and killed my woodcutter and set the entire outside of my base on fire. Several dwarves outside the fort caught on fire and managed to spread it to the inside. I seal off enough of the place to rebuild but the next season goblins decided to attack. Pretty much no military and no traps.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:42:46 am by Fien »
In his house at Fondledbread, bored Cthulhu sits playing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]