No and I am Male
- 7 (21.9%)
No and I am Female
- 0 (0%)
Other (Please specify)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Do you like stuffed animals? Poll  (Read 1155 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do you like stuffed animals? Poll
« on: May 20, 2015, 03:24:45 pm »

So my younger Sister threw out a giant teddy bear and when I asked if I could keep it instead she violently refused.

She refused because "as a guy" me wanting a large stuffed animal meant that I was going to do perverted things to it.

So... I am quite insulted for one but as always it isn't enough to "believe I am right" but rather I need to know.

So do you like stuffed animals? Is it actually a thing that only girls like?

---

Honestly I really miss all the stuffed animals I had when I was younger and there are definitely quite a few I wish I still had... but alas they threw out a lot of them...

Both my brother and father offered to buy me a giant stuffed animal when I got in this argument with my sister (mostly because they think she is being ridiculous)... But that would have been REALLY embarrassing since that is a "romantic gift" to me >_<

It would have been like getting a bouchette of Roses from my dad or at least a heart shaped box of chocolates. (On a side note: I also like receiving flowers and chocolates...)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 03:30:36 pm by Neonivek »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like stuffed animals? Poll
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 03:28:41 pm »

I lurve stuffed animals. I have like a bajillion.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 03:30:19 pm »

I'm not particularly big on them but I don't see why it would be weird for guys to like them.

Gunner-chan is one of the more masculine people I know despite not actually being a man, yet she has a ton of stuffed toys. ... Though she also has a bodypillow of Tomoko Kuroki so take that as you will.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 03:39:30 pm »

As a guy I used to sleep with tons of stuffed animals for a long time growing up (well into early high school). Then I got a smaller bed and they wouldn't all fit anymore (and the oldest/best ones were starting to get rather worn and torn) so now I'm alone with the oldest ones on a nearby shelf.

That said it might be worth noting that something like 35% of adults still sleep with at least one stuffed animal, and several studies have shown that in times of depression/anxiety the vast majority sleep better with one than alone.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 03:39:51 pm »

So do I answer yes or no, if I liked them as a kid but find it a little strange in adults (of either sex)? I honestly don't see the issue. I'd probably give someone shit for it but that's just because I enjoy giving people shit. Would stop if I didn't think they were taking it as a joke. Anyway you wouldn't be the only guy I know who keeps stuffed animals. If you like stuffed animals, get a stuffed animal.

Besides how many adult men collect toy soldiers, toy cars, star wars spaceships, lego etc. etc. etc.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 03:42:40 pm by wobbly »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 03:41:25 pm »

So do I answer yes or no, if I liked them as a kid but find it a little strange in adults (of either sex)? I honestly don't see the issue. I'd probably give someone shit for it but that's just because I enjoy giving people shit. Would stop if I didn't think they were taking it as a joke. Anyway you wouldn't be the only guy I know who keeps stuffed animals. If you like stuffed animals, get a stuffed animal.

I'd say you would vote no.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 03:43:07 pm »

There's definitely a certain cultural approbation towards males (at least above a fairly young age) appreciating stuffed animals to any meaningful degree in the area I'm in, for what that's worth. Being fair, there's also a look of askance around here towards men finding interest in just about anything that isn't beer, trucks, guns, sports, hunting/fishing, home improvement, and T&A. The ladies definitely catch less flak on that front, though yeah, as per wob, adults in general are kinda' looked at lil' funny for having one that's more than just a set piece. It's a difference of mild immaturity and suspected deviance, though.

Personally, I think they're pretty great. Don't actually have any right now (well, besides one of that dog-thing from Excell Saga sitting around somewhere), but if could be arsed to figure out how to sew I'd totally be using this fairly large (i.e. it comes up to my shoulder, and I'm 5-something or other) stuffed bear as a pillow. It makes a great pillow. Poor thing's arm's about tore off, though.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 03:47:27 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 03:48:53 pm »

Well, there's a difference between a cuddly toy and a mascot, of course.

It seems that your sister reacted to it on the basis she might if you wanted to, as a random example, play with her old barbie dolls. Now in most circumstances that might be slightly creepy, but if you want it as an heirloom/mascot, that would be entirely understandable and not even particularly unmasculine.

We've all seen Ted, haven't we?
One wheel short of a wagon

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 03:52:18 pm »

She didn't even play with that stuffed bear it was a display bear.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 03:57:07 pm »

I still sleep with a stuffed sheep I got on Christmas many, many years ago. A little worn by now, though.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 04:00:27 pm »

I've never been huge on stuffed animals (only have one, plus a few anime plushies), but I do very much like them. The only reason I don't have the one I had as a 5-year-old is because we lost it while moving.

I miss Spot T_T
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 04:09:27 pm »

I've still got a few on the head of my bed.

Still can't find my old favorite blue one, though. He was my first that I remember. :*(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 04:51:46 pm »

I still have a stuffed snowman that I got when I was 6 months old. A bit dingy at this point, but fully intact.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 06:39:41 pm »

All mine were passed down to my kids. Including my 20" Chewbacca plushie from 1977 (graawwwr)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 07:59:57 pm »

I've still got a build-a-bear and an old large doraemon plushy in my room.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: [1] 2