Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any semi reliable way to dismember a bronze colossus?  (Read 2495 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Any semi reliable way to dismember a bronze colossus?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 11:19:28 am »

I once caught a Bronze Colossus with bridges and used him to deal with invading goblins. They eventually chopped off all his limbs, but he kept fighting, by "push" attacks. Turns out Colossi can push pretty damn hard. :)

Keep in mind "push" is just the name Toady gave to any attack that uses full body mass rather than limbs.  It's more like an (American) football linebacker helmet-down ramming your dwarves... And in this case, the linebacker happens to be a 80-ton object ramming into them... So basically, think of it more like a dump truck plowing into your dwarves.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 01:14:20 pm »

Whenever my soldiers fight a bronze colossus, the axedwarf of them invariably kill the colossus with a "lower body mostly cut away from the rest of the torso". Once the legendary axedwarf managed it in the first round, before the colossus had a chance to attack. I use only steel weapons for edge (axes, swords, spears) and silver/copper for blunt (maces and warhammers). These last one are useless, swords basically only dent and fracture, while the axes do that, plus eventually kill it the way I described.

What I mean is that at least steel weapons can't be used to dismember the guy, reliably or not. I tried only legendary soldiers. One day I want to experiment with a ballista though...

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 07:16:50 pm »

Archery training only: even without arms and legs he will nudge your dwarves into bloody messes with the giant amount of weight behind its "nudges"
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 07:39:24 pm »

Nobody has suggested bait and cage traps?

Capture it, chain it behind fortifications, and have your marksdwarves shoot bone bolts at it. Perfect marksdwarf training system!

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 04:43:20 am »

Nobody has suggested bait and cage traps?

Capture it, chain it behind fortifications, and have your marksdwarves shoot bone bolts at it. Perfect marksdwarf training system!

he already knows that.read the ops first post in the thread.

he is asking for the safest way to train close combat for dorfs in his melee militia.
Pages: 1 [2]