Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67775 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 6 dawns still and expectant
« Reply #585 on: July 06, 2015, 03:27:26 am »

Tiruin, quit being a silly. This kind of bussing is exactly what 4mask always does- I find it much more plausible that this is some sort of gambit than that 4mask doesn't care about this game and is just a survivor, given 4mask's meta. Given how far fetched his initial survivor claim was, I don't see why we should stretch our disbelief even further to believe that TDS was blocked one night and then blocked 4mask the other night.

The alternative to lynching the obvious scum is lynching TDS, who hasn't really been that scummy or indicated that he's anything other than a GA.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 06, 2015, 03:29:21 am »

Bussing in the previous post should've been in past tense re: him voting for NQT and any sort of doubt it may have caused about his alignment.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 06, 2015, 10:45:57 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
4maskwolf: Cheeetar, Tiruin, TheDarkStar
TheDarkStar: 4maskwolf

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 07, 2015, 11:09:33 am »

Cheeetar: You seem to be looking at everything you see only to support your own conclusions of what is going on, rather than actually consider any other options.  TDS has done jackshit the past few days other than play the "dutifully following Tiruin around and providing vague vote reasons" game, because he knows that you all will lynch me without needing any prodding from him.  He's coasting along on you all's tunneling and will win the game because you and Tiruin aren't paying attention.

Allow me to bring into evidence TDS's posts after NQT was lynched:

According to my wincon, I win if my ward (Tiruin) survives to the end of the game. It doesn't matter if I personally live. However, I'm still going to say what I think.

Assuming no cult are left (which is what I suspect):
Tiruin is fine.
Cheeetar appears to be a town vet.
That leaves 4maskwolf. He claims to be a survivor, but he could be an SK. Also, 4maskwolf, how can I be cult or an SK/other evil third party when NQT vouches for me being GA?

If cult are left, anyone (except me because of NQT proving me GA) could be the last cult. 4mask could be lying about his role, and anyone else could be cult in addition to their role.

Also, I got no indication of being blocked. Mephansteras: Do blocked people get an indication that they were blocked?
What the fuck is this shit?  He obviously hasn't read ANYTHING that was said the previous day, because he'd know EXACTLY how he could be cult if he did.  He's playing innocent in a really stupid manner and NOBODY bothers to call him out on it, because you all are so laser-focused on me.  He's coasting at this point.

NQT's lynch was my idea you derp.  Who was the first one to vote him?  Me.

And I'm surprised you're taking a proven scum's word for what TDS is.

4maskwolf for reasons outlined yesterday.
First, why the hell are you quoting me when what you said has nothing to do with that quote?  To look active?  Second, what fucking reasons?  The bullshit you call logic from that previous post?  I mean, what?  YOU'RE NOT EVEN TRYING!

Everyone: Sorry, I'm in a bad mood for non-mafia reasons, if you can't tell.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 07, 2015, 11:33:22 pm »

Sorry, everyone, life got in the way. I'll wrap up the day tomorrow morning.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 08, 2015, 11:43:35 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
4maskwolf: Cheeetar, Tiruin, TheDarkStar
TheDarkStar: 4maskwolf

As the scribe tallies up the final votes and reads them out 4maskwolf starts to get a panicked look on his face. He quickly pulls a talisman out from under his shirt and starts muttering under his breath.

The guards start to move towards him, but as they do so the room begins to fill with mist. A powerful odor fills the Hall, a mixture of moldering stone, stagnant water, and decaying flesh.

The Mist thickens, and soon becomes a wall of grey before your eyes. You can hear 4maskwolf clearly, though, the Cult Leader's voice cutting through in an alien tongue. Strange words that reverberate throughout the mist, echoing back on themsleves in an impossible fashion.

Lights twinkle in the fog and new sounds emerge. Scraping sounds. Flapping sounds. And through it all a deep, slow heartbeat.

A hiss.

A scream.

The terrible, wet sounds of flash being torn asunder amidst cries of agony that pierce you to your bones.

Tiruin feels a hand upon her shoulder, and a comforting voice that envelops her in calm. "Fear not, Sexton, they come not for you. The Old Ones should not be troubled lightly." And then the hand is gone, although the calm remains.

The lights go out.

The fog fades to mist.

The mist clears.

Where 4maskwolf stood there is only blood and shredded rags.

The Baron, flanked by a pair of shocked and unsteady guards, looks around. "I...I think it may be over. You seem to have forced his hand before he was ready, and his dark works proved his undoing."

"Thank you, uh...both of you? Where is TheDarkStar?"

Tiruin can only smile. "I think his work here is done, your Excellency."

"Ah. Well. Uh, let's go outside, shall we? The smell in here is unbearable."

And that's game. It was a bit rough for a while there, but thank you to everyone who replaced in to keep the game going!
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 08, 2015, 11:48:08 am »

Cult Chat

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 08, 2015, 11:50:52 am »

Spoiler: Night 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 5 (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 08, 2015, 11:57:25 am »

Good job town. I totally helped.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory
« Reply #594 on: July 08, 2015, 12:06:15 pm »

Thanks for your valiant efforts 4mask. We inherited a tight spot and did our best to work our way out of it. Oh well. When it was still Hazard and Jack was still alive we were very close to lynching Tiruin, but when that failed it all went downhill and the truths I told to get Tiruin lynched made it much harder to accuse TDS and Cheetar of lying.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 08, 2015, 02:42:54 pm »

Seeing the good mafia players keep ignoring the OP or make mistakes because of inexperience with Paranormal games was super annoying.

Nice job 4mask, I believed you there for a bit, before I remembered that you were 4mask and bussing was your thing.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 08, 2015, 02:50:54 pm »

Yeah, we really should have had me bus 4mask. People wouldn't have seen that coming so much, but I'd have needed a better cover story to begin with.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 08, 2015, 03:37:14 pm »

Woo, town win.

To be honest, although the game started well, it sort of went downhill.  Basically, most stuff Day 3 and on was a giant pile of mistakes:
*Flabort tunneled Cheeetar hard.
*Cheeetar tunneled flabort harder.
*I wrote off the real scumteam as incredibly unlikely based on flawed logic.
*4maskwolf botched his fakeclaim in a way that made it really easy to catch (blocking a dead guy N2).
*Nobody caught that.
*Tiruin did a cross-comparison of 4maskwolf's claim and the nightly kills and still missed the giant gaping hole in 4mask's claim.  (This is when I started laughing at how much of a mess the game had become, instead of just complaining about town errors.)

As for N3, I was actually torn between killing NQT (last-minute thoughts and realizations!) and not killing.  Decided not to kill in the end (if I killed and was wrong, that would be an instant scum win, and I wanted to give town a chance to find scum).

EDIT: NQT put it best in the scumchat:
Quote from: NQT
This feels like one of those disastrous heist films where mistakes keep escalating.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:39:57 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 08, 2015, 03:52:33 pm »

My facepalm was at the point Tiruin claimed to have roleblocked 4maskwolf for no reason whatsoever and nobody saw that, either.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 08, 2015, 04:20:06 pm »

I egged myself in the face hard. I suppose there is a reason I don't play very often. : P
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42