Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67813 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 4 Hunts the Hunter
« Reply #480 on: June 26, 2015, 11:07:17 am »

Tiruin:
> NQT. He spontaneously voted you. Twice. I forgot to address this, through.
> Last 2 questions: Both FOS are for scumhunting. 1st scumhunt: Normal. 2nd scumhunt: There is 2 people claiming the same class.
NQT: Why did you vote Tiruin out of the blue?
Extension, please.
Note: Tomorrow i will be in 5 days vacation. Except a little amount of posts.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 26, 2015, 12:25:16 pm »

Extension, please.
YES I CAN REST X_X
Sorry, will be posting tomorrow. Volunteer work is what's consuming most of my time.

Tiruin:
> NQT. He spontaneously voted you. Twice. I forgot to address this, through.
> Last 2 questions: Both FOS are for scumhunting. 1st scumhunt: Normal. 2nd scumhunt: There is 2 people claiming the same class.
NQT: Why did you vote Tiruin out of the blue?
Extension, please.
Note: Tomorrow i will be in 5 days vacation. Except a little amount of posts.
Err, you're FoS'ing him and me...but I'm confused more by the FoS in response to me.
Yes he voted me--under reasonable circumstances. You need a question there though, because a declarative sentence has a really small chance of being replied to unless it has significantly made a point, or the respondent is very 'must respond to everything' about responding to many things (ie Me.)

Err, you were referring to Flabort and me?
There must be different context there--because behind the "2nd scumhunt", there's no basis in itself for people claiming the same class (Flabort's reasoning is well-sounded however; the situation where 'one should be scum!', however I've to point out: It's incomplete)

I'll detail it here: Town has 2 Sextons. Obviously lifting up the sword of Damocles over me in respect to people suspecting me as cult, all I'm saying is its reasonable despite the situation where 'cult MUST have this!', because the only situation where that has much merit is on a pre-based role-vs-role setup. Supernatural lies more on randomness, and we cannot predict the GM; this includes predicting 'efficiency of teams'. Notice that I didn't disagree on Flabort's idea back there--but I disagree that it is the most valid case presented here because of the logic supporting it (I mean, cult could also be a team full of warning signs, such as a scryer-team; not ultimately based to signal the sign of a Necromancer/Devil/Grave-disturber).

But that's just one bit I've to refute which I can't even defend on other than detailing the situation which makes it more plausible over the others. -_-

Posts will be sparing soon, because of the workload I've got. Apologies ahead (also yay Tuesday)
Just to mirror my thoughts presently: H4zard, you confuse me. :I This is both delightful and chess-y.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 26, 2015, 05:22:28 pm »

Alright, there's only one mystery that I see remaining. Why isn't Hazard dead? I think that Jack targeted Tiruin instead of Hazard, and thus TDS is telling the truth about being a GA. Anyway, one way to tell- lynch Hazard, the only person I'm actually sure is scum, and see who turns up dead tomorrow.

H4zardZ1.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 26, 2015, 05:51:39 pm »

Hold up. If there's a two-man scum team (Hazard and Tiruin), it'd be insane for Tiruin to bus Hazard when she could just auto-win at this point. So that means there's a one man scum team. The only way I can see that balancing out is if Tiruin is the scum, with the team protecting by the GA. A two-man Hazard team, even despite the fact one of them was a Guard, would seem too brittle (as they couldn't Guard one another and kill in the same night that way). If we don't lynch Tiruin today, then I'll be NK'd and Tiruin and the GA will outnumber you tomorrow. It's a loss for town unless Tiruin dies.

Hazard, Cheetar, if we want to win we have to kill Tiruin today.

(I'll reply to questions in just a bit.)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 26, 2015, 06:13:16 pm »

From my viewpoint, the numbers work if you're scum. Which I think you are- I'm not changing my vote.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 26, 2015, 06:27:21 pm »

Goddamit Cheetar. This means we've lost. Look at Tiruin all yesterday. Do you really think she's town?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 26, 2015, 06:32:09 pm »

Yes. I've looked at your play however and found it fairly scummy, especially the tunnel-like focus you've had on Tiruin to the detriment of examining other players.
I've played some mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 26, 2015, 06:36:43 pm »

What other focus is there? I know you're the Werebear and Jack was the Monster Hunter and TDS was the GA. That left Flabort, Hazard and Tiruin. I wasn't sure either way about Flabort or Hazard but found Tiruin scummier. Flabort was mislynched and now it's down to Tiruin or Hazard. Logically there must now be a two-man scum team with only left alive and the only way that could be in any way balanced is if Tiruin is scum. It's not scummy to focus on only one target when there is only one target. Tiruin is the final cultist, there's no other possibility.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 26, 2015, 06:42:47 pm »

Iiiii don't think i could keep up with this.
Replacement.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 26, 2015, 06:48:02 pm »

The other focus is Hazard, although he's just asked for replacement. I find your complete unwillingness to consider Hazard as a potential lynch candidate more than a bit suspicious.
I've played some mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 26, 2015, 07:56:27 pm »

I've considered it, I just don't find it credible. Put yourself in my shoes for a moment here: I know there must be a two-man scum team. We know from previous games that when there less three people in a scum teams they get some kind of compensatory advantage (in the past this has been a conversion or the dark magus' additional powers). We also know that it's just a conventional kill cult so that rules out any magus-like power. The only thing that fits the bill is the GA's protection.

This, coupled with how shifty Tiruin was yesterday has made my mind up. Please just reread her, you'll see what I mean. Don't throw away the game here.

Hazard, it's LYLO, and I'm telling you if you're town then Tiruin is scum. Don't replace out, just vote.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 26, 2015, 09:08:57 pm »

What other focus is there? I know you're the Werebear and Jack was the Monster Hunter and TDS was the GA. That left Flabort, Hazard and Tiruin. I wasn't sure either way about Flabort or Hazard but found Tiruin scummier. Flabort was mislynched and now it's down to Tiruin or Hazard. Logically there must now be a two-man scum team with only left alive and the only way that could be in any way balanced is if Tiruin is scum. It's not scummy to focus on only one target when there is only one target. Tiruin is the final cultist, there's no other possibility.

One big possibility which I find outlined very well in other's words than mine:
The other focus is Hazard, although he's just asked for replacement. I find your complete unwillingness to consider Hazard as a potential lynch candidate more than a bit suspicious.

^

The main problem being that YOU suspected him too, NQT. But refuse, or in the least are reluctant to expound on him at all--mainly focusing on me.
I've considered it, I just don't find it credible. Put yourself in my shoes for a moment here: I know there must be a two-man scum team. We know from previous games that when there less three people in a scum teams they get some kind of compensatory advantage (in the past this has been a conversion or the dark magus' additional powers). We also know that it's just a conventional kill cult so that rules out any magus-like power. The only thing that fits the bill is the GA's protection.
[...]
Or, y'know, you could note your...own...hole there.
Because you quite much confirmed TDS. You have noted rising suspicion of Roo//H4zard but acted on it very little, as far as I can see.
And the only mention on how this would work is if TDS would either be Fallen Angel (or something malevolent angel) [which was covered by Jack A T {covered by Persus13}, or TDS is a normal Guardian Angel (which would mean Third-party + cult) in your scenario of me.
Let's boil it down hard, in your situation.
We've got 5 dudes here (ok, 3 dudes, 1 therianthrope, 1 heavenly entity, but you get my point)
H4zard gets lynched, poof goes townsman.
You suppose I kill you.
Next day arrives--we've got me, Cheeet and TDS. Normal scenario; makes sense.

It's reasonable. I've not went against that.
Problem is how you're speaking now (ok, before). Outlined in orange.
You have discredited the only method by which it will make sense in that post--by discrediting the event of a protector role (ie Wizard), supplanting a two-man scumteam to fit your suspicion (in recent post changed to a one man scumteam), you've denoted very strange scenarios--noting me bussing H4zard [which would pretty much mean WE'VE ALREADY WON TODAY], and then purely cut down to the one man scumteam...again. Because it makes sense. -.-

But through all this I can say you're doing nice work--singling out a crucial pin here--you can't lynch TDS. You can't lynch Cheeet. You can only target me, or bus H4zard. The reluctance to do so tells me its a 2-man scumteam with no holds barred (unless you...err, NK TDS. Which would be a very amusing point in flavor at least?), or a 1-man scumteam, which is somehow strange if its just you given the very nice flavor you gave back here and the denotation of no threats. What puzzles me is the lack of said edge in making a case against me (though the reasonable scenario detailed above works).

But the reluctant-scenario also has equal or more merit (depending on the person that isn't me, for me its the latter):
I get lynched
You're with H4zard
NK TDS
Cheeet is outnumbered.

OR if ALONE
I get lynched
Either one of you or H4zard is scum
NK TDS (because I've no idea what the game would be if GA is alone with cult, since if you NK Cheeet in a 2-man scenario, you're going to get mauled [unless KNIGHT]. Most likely GA will 'leave' having failed their wincon)
Leaving Either-man cult, Cheeet and either-man town.

OR
I get lynched
Either one of you or H4zard is scum
NK the OTHER PERSON
Leaving Cheeet and the either-cultman alive.
In which I've no idea if cult can actually win then, because its against a Werebear, who will pretty much maul your face unless you're a M.Hunter. Who is now ded. Who I've the sanctity to stare at his grave and admire the =granite gravestone=.

Anyway. Point in case, one single post.
Hold up. If there's a two-man scum team (Hazard and Tiruin), it'd be insane for Tiruin to bus Hazard when she could just auto-win at this point. So that means there's a one man scum team. The only way I can see that balancing out is if Tiruin is the scum, with the team protecting by the GA. A two-man Hazard team, even despite the fact one of them was a Guard, would seem too brittle (as they couldn't Guard one another and kill in the same night that way). If we don't lynch Tiruin today, then I'll be NK'd and Tiruin and the GA will outnumber you tomorrow. It's a loss for town unless Tiruin dies.

Hazard, Cheetar, if we want to win we have to kill Tiruin today.
You are not following up on holistic expectations, NQT.

But given this sword of Damocles, I have to reenact Damocles' perceived wisdom (since I don't know the whole story and just use the analogy for the sword being there rather than knowing the ending [what seriously happened?!]), by noting every point in this case--you may be town, yeah, given the extreme verge I posted about earlier, and may be...pretty against me which causes the tunneling.

IF PERHAPS the one-man scumteam is valid and not-me, then the scenarios above should have equal merit here. IF it is only H4zard, then you may pretty much be town, something which led to the credibility of me voting for him instead of you because you MAY BE TOWN right now, but panicky having seen the first scenario mentioned.

But it doesn't give credence to the one-man scumteam if you take it holistically. I'm all for being lynched--but I...err, pretty much need TDS to post if I'm truly his Ward (as in, person-to-be-taken-care-of).

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 26, 2015, 09:26:14 pm »

Look, worst case scenario and Hazard is the final scum, then he still won't win as he won't be able to kill a werebear at night without suiciding. If we let Tiruin live and she's the final scum then TDS and her kill Cheetar tomorrow and we've lost.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 26, 2015, 09:51:41 pm »

Look, worst case scenario and Hazard is the final scum, then he still won't win as he won't be able to kill a werebear at night without suiciding. If we let Tiruin live and she's the final scum then TDS and her kill Cheetar tomorrow and we've lost.
That's the scenario I outlined (and I guess you wondered) earlier. ._.
This banks on the scenario that I'm scum, however.
And this further...err, pushes my disbelief to your credibility x_x Because its like you know the GA can guard the target if they're the ones who do the killin' (I SO would love to see a GA + Hunter combo. "SMITE!"). I mean, I guess its reasonable, but I also believe there's a turn order which...doesn't let that happen.

We've got links on discussing the GA. Most pertinent point being its single power:
lordnincompoop (other)
    You are a Guardian Angel, sent to earth to protect Pandarsenic. Your one and only goal is to ensure that he lives to see the end of this nightmare. The heavens have plans for him in the future.
    Each night you may choose to use a protection charm on your ward. You may choose from the following: Protection from Night Kills, Protection from Conversion, Protection from Investigation, Protection from Judgement (the next day your ward will require 1 more vote to lynch than usual)

And a cat video for stress.

So...I guess this is a wrap if no queries are exchanged? As in, let the audience decide (and hopefully get the replacement in soon? I hope H4zard is ok and not under RL stress :<)
Or if scum and totally I got this right hasn't replaced because stress...
H4zard In the meantime, you may still defend yourself given the lack of replacement. I'd really like to hear from you here.

Mephansteras: Does a Protection from Night Kills protect the user from retroactively being killed [ie Visiting a PGO]? Or is it literally as the name says--it just protects from being night killed

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 4 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #494 on: June 26, 2015, 10:01:03 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Tiruin: notquitethere
H4zardZ1: Cheeetar, Tiruin

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Tuesday. One more possible extension exists for this day.

@Tiruin: A PGO kill is still a night kill mechanically speaking, it just only targets people who visit them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42