Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 68040 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 3 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #420 on: June 22, 2015, 04:41:43 am »

((Guess i'll replace roo, RTDs right now are slow.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 22, 2015, 09:54:46 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Tiruin: flabort
flabort: Cheeetar, Tiruin, notquitethere, TheDarkStar

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today

((Guess i'll replace roo, RTDs right now are slow.))

Thank you! I'll send you his info. Do you need an extension or are you pretty caught up on the game?

H4zardZ1 is replacing roo
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 3
« Reply #422 on: June 22, 2015, 10:11:19 am »

Extension!
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 22, 2015, 10:19:22 am »

Extension!
Seconded.
(You don't need to put this in red)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 22, 2015, 10:19:59 am »

Why do you want an extension, H4zardZ1?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 22, 2015, 10:27:23 am »

((I'm not caught up with the game. I did read the front through.))
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 22, 2015, 01:02:31 pm »

On this night: There's almost no time to post, i need to sleep due to timezone. Just answer my questions, it's night-time. I must make it through the night, and get a solid sleep.
flabort: What did you feel like when you are being voted like this?
Everyone voting for flabort: What is your sole reason voting for flabort?
Everyone else: Who do you think as a scum in general?
I couldn't vote right now.

Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 22, 2015, 01:27:50 pm »

On this night: There's almost no time to post, i need to sleep due to timezone. Just answer my questions, it's night-time. I must make it through the night, and get a solid sleep.
flabort: What did you feel like when you are being voted like this?
Kinda apathetic, defeated, sort of a "not again" feel, because I usually mess being town up. Frustrated that I got so close but at the same time not caring that I'm about to be lynched because it's for the greater good.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 22, 2015, 01:34:43 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Tiruin: flabort
flabort: Cheeetar, Tiruin, notquitethere, TheDarkStar

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Tuesday. Sorry for the neverending day, but I think we're finally getting the game back on track.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 22, 2015, 05:25:44 pm »

I have to pick one? OMGUS! Or: Gosh his case against me made absolutely no sense.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 22, 2015, 08:22:54 pm »

Referring back to my read list there; I'd rather be voting you (Roo) than Flabort, but I'd more be pushing for a lynch and I can't make ANY case on Roo other than 'trial by cutting-out-everyone-else-by-reason-of-presence/present info' and matching you up with Flabort, who I am DOUBTFUL because my scumhunting is measured more by attitude--While I do realize his case on me has to grasp on the idea on 'I know who I am', it doesn't...make much sense personally (speaking as much on my case as his), but it makes more sense in the context of how 'I know who I am' is given.

Now I am honestly troubled. I have doubts because 'Hey, Flabort could be toooooown' especially given his most recent post and I may be missing that others may be scum and riding along; the premise would be: If Flabort and Roo are scum--pertaining to Flabort's vote on me; how would he react when I flip Town Sexton? in the hypothetical when I do get lynchd [and of note: I'm OK with being lynched if it gets the consensus to a deeper depth of understanding who is cult here, but I'm NOT OK with me being lynched given...one obscure but equally easy-to-connect hint regarding OTHER'S WINCON. TDS' idea about him protecting me--without context of why, and the BACK'D UP knowledge that he is truly a Guardian Angel (sans any deviation in probable roles we've seen).

That's why I say TDS is the only innocent we've got around--not because of what he said in the linkie above, but by due virtue of his role in accordance to how 'benign' someone is. On a running list of innocence, I believe much more than just TDS being innocent [hence my reluctance to vote :V], but what I can surely say, is that TDS is the -only- innocent present here.

That, and another factor in my not voting Roo is because I'm also unsure how to question NQT in that matter--there's a lack of substance to ask, and I'm not sure -what- to ask (because I'm thinking currently 'hey, are you gonna ask a question to him about his role? It's an awesome role...so ask something about his attitude.'
But then I don't notice anything off within his attitude
'Fishie to this. :I Thiiink girl.')
And then my thoughts spiral off to somewhere else because of the vague gap between me staring at his nicely furnished posts, and connecting it to 'This guy can be scum. How can he be scum? His reads seem ok. He's voting Flabort though but it makes sense given that perspective. Not complete sense but Flabort's way of presentation is scummy from that perspective. It's reasonable too, though, and I can get how anxious it could be if he was scum-that-way. But then what if he was Town? We've at most, 2 cultists left, or in the least, 1. And two killers but that's out of the question because they can be silly amongst themselves and its not a burden for today's lynch. I wonder how they treated the clergy back in those days when they were convicted. What if Flabort will pop up town in the lynch, I wonder who others will suspect? If TDS is really guarding me, he'd defend me, but then the problem would lie if the cult is within one of the rest (sans our killers who may most likely be benign, at least for the Warbear. The Hunter could be a cult hunter.) Oh hey now I remember why I said not everyone is really surely innocent! Wait what did I say again the last few minutes?'

And then my thoughts run off because I probably think too fast (as defined humorously by my mentor). x_x

Spoiler: @Flabort; OOC (click to show/hide)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 22, 2015, 10:02:38 pm »

Did Roo/Hazard ever claim his role?
I've played some mafia.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 22, 2015, 10:04:25 pm »

Did Roo/Hazard ever claim his role?
Quick post (middle of writing a longer one): No.

H4zard: You're the last person not to claim.  Please do so.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 22, 2015, 10:24:10 pm »

On the TDS stuff Tiruin's saying:
Meph: Can Guardian Angels be assigned to non-town?  To scum?

Just an aside- Jack, please vig kill Roo. I may have given you bother over killing the lurkers before, but it'd really help narrow down the potential scum teams if you did kill Roo tonight.
Cheeetar: Not really anyone else I'd both want to and be able to kill tonight with the Flabort lynch.
So the reason you're not voting Flabort for being super scummy is that you think he's a bad player, and being scummy is his meta. That answers my question, but it doesn't change my mind about him being scum.
Not exactly.  The core reason I'm not voting flabort (and please actually read it for what it is, without turning it into a simple sentence distant from what I actually said) is right here:
Posting quickly, working on a bigger post: Unvote.  I do not feel confident in my vote.  Flabort's stubbornness about that case doesn't feel, well, scum.  His case has a manufactured feel, but it...well...I don't think it's scum manufacturing.  I think it's the sort of manufactured feel a case gets when the evidence is based on the conclusion.  Scum manufactured cases tend to be more natural-looking: conclusions supported by evidence (like proper cases), not evidence built on conclusions.  His continuing use of the lens of his conclusion to back his conclusion and his stubbornness about each part of his case doesn't feel like the sort of thing scum would do under pressure like mine, too.
To put it differently, I disagree that his behaviour is most like scum in the first place, separately from any meta point (but supported by meta).  It's something rather similar, but distinctive in a few ways: it's more like erring town than scum.  The role of my meta point is not to prove that flabort's a bad player, but to show that this sort of bad play fits the sorts of bad play he can end up doing as town.

He's not a bad player.  It's more that he has tendencies in his playstyle and personality that lead to him playing badly at times.  Everyone (and I mean everyone) has these, and the tendencies aren't inherently bad (a lot, I think, are double-edged swords of one sort or another).  I'm perpetually uneasy about my scumpicks, leaving me generally willing and able to change on new evidence but making me dangerously indecisive at times.  Tiruin's emotionally-charged semi-stream-of-consciousness posting style gives an unusual and quite useful level of transparency and a deeper understanding of how she thinks, but things like stress can drop the quality of her posts significantly (see the original CYOM).  NQT's analysis works until it doesn't.  Flabort's thing isn't absolutely clear, but his strength of conviction definitely becomes the stubbornness he displays when doing stuff like today's thing or BYOR 13's gambit.

Some styles of resulting problems are tough to see.  Others are highly visible.  Flabort's tend to be on the high end of the visibility scale.

H4zardZ1: My earlier statements about you and Tiruin being the likely scumteam still hold.
Why a "sole" reason?  Do you not want complex cases?

Fishie to this.
Tiruin: *pokes you with candied salmon*
What sort of attitude issues were you looking for with NQT?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 22, 2015, 10:26:04 pm »

On the TDS stuff Tiruin's saying:
Meph: Can Guardian Angels be assigned to non-town?  To scum?

Yes, they are simply assigned another player.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42