Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 68020 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 3 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #390 on: June 20, 2015, 11:07:14 pm »

Tiruin: No fallen angels.  No new content in this game.
Umph, should be posting the above post-game due to personal speculation because I may pretty much be invoking possible emotional bias in readers (towards or against me/them).
Hooray just-woken-up need to post. -_-
*pokes you*
It's fine.  Helps me understand your actions.

Working on a major post right now.  Reads, along with model scumteams.  I think I may be on to something quite useful.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 21, 2015, 12:26:29 am »

Tiruin: No fallen angels.  No new content in this game.
Umph, should be posting the above post-game due to personal speculation because I may pretty much be invoking possible emotional bias in readers (towards or against me/them).
Hooray just-woken-up need to post. -_-
*pokes you*
It's fine.  Helps me understand your actions.

Working on a major post right now.  Reads, along with model scumteams.  I think I may be on to something quite useful.
I'm glad.

Ok, with only Roo left to counter-claim Cheetar's claim, I am pretty well forced to believe him. Since werebear has never been scum before... well, I guess it's not town-locked, but still... he wasn't fake claiming, which means in turn that the motivation behind his questions had nothing to do with a fake-claim. I am left with no case on cheeetar, so Unvote.

NQT: My case on Cheetar was not me hunting a dangerous third party because I did not believe him to be a third party, I believe(d) him to be Main-team scum that was pretending to be a town role that is very closely connected TO a dangerous third party. Him being the third party version never came into my considerations.

Your claim reminds me of the time that I was a sage in Super7...  only, if I recall correctly, the sage doesn't get a choice as to what action they take; only that they are able to request flavor.
Here's an excerpt from my role PM from that game:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It says nothing of a second ability, which your claim implies when you said "I studied both nights". This is strange, so I'm going to FoS NQT. What could you/spruce have done instead? And why are you gaining information about third parties instead of the main scum team, anyways? Unless you already know everything there is about it.

Your suspects are me, Tiruin, and Roo, and given how you grouped us, you suspect Tiruin more than Roo. However, you FoS'd Roo and not Tiruin. How come?

Roo As long as he and a scum-mate are alive, assuming he's scum, then the scum-mate is capable of making the kill through them, or in other ways directing the entire team. If it's Tiruin or NQT, then of course they're capable of using him for the kill. Alternatively, the team could be NQT-Tiruin, and not Roo-Tiruin or Roo NQT.

I must say that while I find NQT suspicious, their logic dictating me and Tiruin as prime suspects seems pretty sound. Given that Tiruin is more likely to be fake-claiming (due to not paying attention, as NQT pointed out) between the two of us, though (not saying one of us has to be), I find it odd that NQT doesn't even FoS Tiruin, let alone vote her over me; that sounds selfish, but it's true enough (I know the reason I'm being voted is over my cheeetar issue, though).

As far as the guardian angel goes, they are benign, yes, but they don't know if their protectee is town or not. If TDS being a GA confirmed Tiruin as benign, though, then logically I wouldn't have a reason to FoS her above, but I'm sure it doesn't.
I don't know what her alignment is - there are no flavortext clues and I have both an inspection-protection and a conversion-protection.
Not even TDS is sure.

I disagree with Tiruin about NQT's information about TDS confirming NQT as benign. Unless she's just saying that NQT's ROLE is confirmed, and not her alignment.
NQT and TDS back each other up; the Sage claim really reinforces the in-the-least benign nature of TDS, and it seems REALLY unreasonable that they'd be cult given all this (or malevolent third-party, ie reallybad fallen angel)
Uh... that's hard to tell whether she's saying NQT AND TDS are not-cult, or just TDS.

PPE: I just realized, after previewing, that I've mostly been pushing a NQT/Tiruin team in this post, and haven't been supporting my Roo case. So I've changed Roo's name to LightBlue and am now voting Tiruin.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 21, 2015, 12:41:21 am »

Reads, to help organize my thoughts:

Cheeetar's almost certainly town, and TDS is pretty clear of being scum.  That leaves a small set of suspects.

NQT I believe is town.  This is mostly because of a mistake I cannot see scum making in this of all games: much of his big reasoning post today depends on scum not being able to send in each others' actions, and Meph's actual policy is the sort of thing any scum who reads their scumchat (and I very strongly doubt a new scum would arrive and not look over at least the most recent scumchat material, which here would almost certainly be the N3 actions and prep process) would be aware of in this low-activity game.  Also, he has a slight towniness boost from his Sage claim and assistance in near-clearing TDS.  His results seem real and a scum Sage could have just given us no information by claiming VT.

Tiruin is Tiruin.  Giving the sort of help she'd give as town or scum.  No pre-replacement material to integrate into read.  Nothing, really, until today.  *shrug*

flabort feels like tunneling town, not scum:
Posting quickly, working on a bigger post: Unvote.  I do not feel confident in my vote.  Flabort's stubbornness about that case doesn't feel, well, scum.  His case has a manufactured feel, but it...well...I don't think it's scum manufacturing.  I think it's the sort of manufactured feel a case gets when the evidence is based on the conclusion.  Scum manufactured cases tend to be more natural-looking: conclusions supported by evidence (like proper cases), not evidence built on conclusions.  His continuing use of the lens of his conclusion to back his conclusion and his stubbornness about each part of his case doesn't feel like the sort of thing scum would do under pressure like mine, too.
Can anyone going after flabort counter this?

Finally, roo isn't even playing.

I've finally figured things out a bit.

Let's introduce a proposition: any scumteam with NQT includes one of the Sexton claimers.
Why?  Because he made a mistake about the Sexton situation, acting as if they're counterclaims/as if there can't be two town Sextons.  This is not a lie or deliberate error, considering how easily it falls apart (pretty much guaranteed to be challenged by at least one of the claimers, and the mod can and just did come in and correct it).  If NQT were scum on a team with Roo, he would have behaved differently, already knowing multiple town sextons could exist.

So, let's look at the possible scumteams (2 and 3 person ones, though I am quite sure it's two: starting 4-person scumteams are not the usual for Supernatural, even at 14 players):
What this proposition means is that there must be scum among the Sextons (from my perspective, I know).

Add my flabort town read, and Tiruin ends up in every possible scum team.  Add my NQT town read, and I've got the scumteam: Tiruin and Roo.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 21, 2015, 12:43:46 am »

PPE: I just realized, after previewing, that I've mostly been pushing a NQT/Tiruin team in this post, and haven't been supporting my Roo case. So I've changed Roo's name to LightBlue and am now voting Tiruin.
Love you too probably cultist buddy ♥
(Also Skyblue works a better FOS color. Or cornflowerblue. But those must be manually written unless you make a script or a quick copy-paste manual [I've done that] or something)

I disagree with Tiruin about NQT's information about TDS confirming NQT as benign. Unless she's just saying that NQT's ROLE is confirmed, and not her alignment.
Uhh, I got lost at the last pronoun. Her alignment? Surely you're speaking about me but I don't get how that got to me there.

What I'm saying is that NQT is confirming TDS as benign from his readings--and the fact that he brought it out FAR LATER than TDS ever did claim gives merit to it.

I...think you read it wrong. :P

Uh... that's hard to tell whether she's saying NQT AND TDS are not-cult, or just TDS.
If NQT or TDS are cult, a prospect which I haven't dropped and is still in the air (though...troposphere levels rather than the general stratosphere, where everyone else is), its a very brilliant plan and a nice working of D1 hints, and flavor-play.

But I am partly biased because--of due mention knowing my alignment--I suspect TDS mentioned a protect of me, which gives credence to a possibility that the GA works with...non-scum members. But that's working by guesswork here (and his indirect mention) which is why I've dropped their levels of suspicion down.

Why Cheeetar is down on their level is because of his uncontested claim patterns, and...pretty much his actions of before being very parallel to the assumed intent which I guess we're all seeing nowadays.

Jack is a wildcard; he can be cult, but he's less of a factor because we KNOW he can be an added killer. He can be a vig and stuff.

Thing is: I could be a lynch target; Jack can stab Flabort, Werebear buddy can Bear Jack (guarded by the GA, though i think its against the GA wincon because they either have a specific target to see being kept alive...or something).
And then something something, but I still haven't dropped the suspicion that the cult may be able to convert--later day conversions and all, its plausible.

PPE:
Tiruin is Tiruin.  Giving the sort of help she'd give as town or scum.  No pre-replacement material to integrate into read.  Nothing, really, until today.  *shrug*
Thanks .-.

Add my flabort town read, and Tiruin ends up in every possible scum team.  Add my NQT town read, and I've got the scumteam: Tiruin and Roo.
Oh come on. :<
...I really can't defend that though. I'm ok with being lynched as long as the primary list of suspects is taken out. ._.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 21, 2015, 12:50:26 am »

Let's introduce a proposition: any scumteam with NQT includes one of the Sexton claimers.
Why?  Because he made a mistake about the Sexton situation, acting as if they're counterclaims/as if there can't be two town Sextons.  This is not a lie or deliberate error, considering how easily it falls apart (pretty much guaranteed to be challenged by at least one of the claimers, and the mod can and just did come in and correct it).  If NQT were scum on a team with Roo, he would have behaved differently, already knowing multiple town sextons could exist.
Err, modification there--please do note that BOTH Sexton claimants have the same results (ie Nothing).
If anyone would believe my claim that I didn't read anything beforehand, then they'd note that the separate instance of Flabort's claim of 'I saw nothing' and my claim of 'I got nothing' would be contending on the same idea, though this is primarily backed by the belief of 'Tiruin seriously didn't read back :I'.

So...just a piece of cake for thought there. I'm not contradicting Flabort's results because that's exactly what I've got in turn.
A grand total of 'Oh, the graves haven't been disturbed. I've no idea how to say that other than 'nothing significant happened tonight'.
Spoiler: I mean... (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 21, 2015, 12:53:49 am »

It's parallel to my idea of him, but really better worded in how you translate feelings. Though he may as well be scum, the manner by which he presents himself is...ambivalent to me.
Or you and him are scum, and Roo is innocent townsman being silent and watching everyone else bicker. Stuff like that, too.

Err, timecount? I'm sure there's a 24 hour reprieve for replacements, but given that the day should've ended on Thursday (pacific time), I believe the day should...pretty much be ended at around this time. (It's 1:53pm here; GMT +8. Translating to Pacific time, this most likely means that the 24 hour extension did occur, moving the day to 'Friday' in Meph's time. Which I guess is already over the deadline if I translate my time to his time now.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 21, 2015, 12:56:21 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Cheeetar: flabort
flabort: Cheeetar, notquitethere, TheDarkStar
Wait, considering this, then the current tally should be...

[...] Unvote. [...] Tiruin.
[...]

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Cheeetar:
flabort: Cheeetar, notquitethere, TheDarkStar
Tiruin: flabort, Jack A T

Oh.
I thought it was tied.
>_>
Still feeling ambivalent to flabort here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 21, 2015, 01:01:53 am »

Oh come on. :<
...I really can't defend that though. I'm ok with being lynched as long as the primary list of suspects is taken out. ._.
Tiruin: Yeah, I know.  I hate pushing this sort of case.  Always feels wrong to not have much open to defense.

Thing is: I could be a lynch target; Jack can stab Flabort,
If you flip town, then this happens, yes.  Clearly my Flabort read would be wrong in such a case (see the Proposition's effects on team composition), so I'd stab him (something, it's worth noting, I could not do to you if we lynch flabort and he flips town).

Err, modification there--please do note that BOTH Sexton claimants have the same results (ie Nothing).
If anyone would believe my claim that I didn't read anything beforehand, then they'd note that the separate instance of Flabort's claim of 'I saw nothing' and my claim of 'I got nothing' would be contending on the same idea, though this is primarily backed by the belief of 'Tiruin seriously didn't read back :I'.
True, and irrelevant to the Proposition.  The Proposition is just that NQT did not know that two town Sextons is a possibility in Supernatural, which means any scumteam with him must include a Sexton.  I think both of you are Sextons, though it would be an awfully easy thing to guess nothing happened either night with what was known at the times of claims.

Not sure why you quoted these two lines.  Not related.  First is about my read on flabort.  Second is, well, a separate description of what roo's doing.

Err, timecount? I'm sure there's a 24 hour reprieve for replacements, but given that the day should've ended on Thursday (pacific time), I believe the day should...pretty much be ended at around this time. (It's 1:53pm here; GMT +8. Translating to Pacific time, this most likely means that the 24 hour extension did occur, moving the day to 'Friday' in Meph's time. Which I guess is already over the deadline if I translate my time to his time now.)
Finally, day end time:
Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 21, 2015, 01:18:33 am »

Guys, I think we can pretty easily nail Jack as a SK now. He's killed twice and is not voting for the scum.
Hey Jack- quick rerun (you may have explained this before) but why'd you kill ToonyMan and Persus13? I notice that you've been on the lynch both times. You don't seem to have been suspicious of ToonyMan or Persus13 Day 1, and you weren't suspicious of Persus13 Day 2.

NQT, Cheeetar: How does the fact that the whole Sexton claim conflict thing just collapsed change your thoughts on the matters we're dealing with?  I expect quite a change from NQT in particular.

Never my strongest point- still think Flabort's scum. The fact that he's switched to a softer target doesn't change my mind.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 21, 2015, 01:24:08 am »

Guys, I think we can pretty easily nail Jack as a SK now. He's killed twice and is not voting for the scum.
Hey Jack- quick rerun (you may have explained this before) but why'd you kill ToonyMan and Persus13? I notice that you've been on the lynch both times. You don't seem to have been suspicious of ToonyMan or Persus13 Day 1, and you weren't suspicious of Persus13 Day 2.
I didn't kill Toony, I've explained my kills, and there is no SK in Supernatural that uses conventional weapons (so I can't be an SK) (refer back to the list of 3rd parties, and note that no new content exists in this game).
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 21, 2015, 01:27:52 am »

Oh whoops, my bad, thought that was Toony lying there with a dagger in him. So you killed both nights for low activity- is there anything else, or do you just really hate lurkers that much?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 21, 2015, 01:34:28 am »

Oh whoops, my bad, thought that was Toony lying there with a dagger in him. So you killed both nights for low activity- is there anything else, or do you just really hate lurkers that much?
Not quite.  I killed N1 for low activity and low content.  N2, as I said, I realized Persus came off as he did in Sup 7 (where he was scum, and I missed his bland hiding approach completely while alive in that game).  For him, basically, meta.

I do tend to try to get rid of game-bafflers (lurkers being a common type) as a vig, though.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 21, 2015, 01:37:38 am »

Uhh, I got lost at the last pronoun. Her alignment? Surely you're speaking about me but I don't get how that got to me there.
Quick post to clarify before reading the rest of this post or the following posts:
Oops. I was talking bout NQT and forgot that NQT is male again; and because I wasn't certain, I was using mostly gender neutral pronouns but forgot to change that one.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 21, 2015, 01:41:26 am »

If this is an actuality, I think its apparent he knows he can't win with you alive and/or should hope you get off'd.

..Wait. This reminds me of hte monster hunter conundrum I think someone asked Meph before (Talking about recall; it reminds me of his Pharoah game where I was a goal and the others were monster hunters/werewolves; if the game ended in a tie with me alone with them; they win.)

Mephansteras: Assuming a Monster Hunter (of any variant) is left with any non-human creature, who wins in that tie?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 21, 2015, 01:44:19 am »

non-human creature

That is unbelievably offensive to werebears everywhere.

Not quite.  I killed N1 for low activity and low content.  N2, as I said, I realized Persus came off as he did in Sup 7 (where he was scum, and I missed his bland hiding approach completely while alive in that game).  For him, basically, meta.

I do tend to try to get rid of game-bafflers (lurkers being a common type) as a vig, though.

Did you consider not killing anybody either of these nights?
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42