Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 68012 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 3 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #375 on: June 19, 2015, 08:00:30 pm »

EBWOP: That is to say, an NK protection and a Judgement protection.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 19, 2015, 09:49:24 pm »

If you're a vampire hunter, does that imply that there is at least one vampire in the game?
No.
I'm guarding Tiruin. I don't know what her alignment is - there are no flavortext clues and I have both an inspection-protection and a conversion-protection.
Do you have an NK and a Judgement protection, and what have you used each night?

I have a nightkill protection, a judgement protection, an inspection protection, and a conversion protection. I've used a nightkill protection for both nights.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 20, 2015, 02:15:30 am »

Dunno what I should say, Jack (and all ye others on the fence about who's scum).
  • Flabort's case on me is bunkum.
  • He's claimed a weak role that can't be easily confirmed that apparently one other person also has (not sure how common this is in Supernatural, games I skimmed never had two townies with the same roles).
  • I'm uh... pretty hard to unconfirm unless one of the people who haven't been voting claims the kill. Or it turns out I'm a serial killer, which still doesn't mean Flabort isn't scum (and it would be weird that I hadn't killed night 1 and managed to hit the jailer night 2 as he apparently chooses to jail nobody at all (per nobody claiming night 2 that the jailer jailed them.))

Pretend you can't say 'neither' or 'I don't know'.
I love you
-r style of discussion.

Stop that. Affection makes me blush and develop rashes. (You're cool too.)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 20, 2015, 01:58:31 pm »

notquitethere is replacing in for spruce.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 20, 2015, 02:02:31 pm »

I'm just catching up. Will post properly soon! Any more questions, then please line them up for my return!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 20, 2015, 04:16:35 pm »

He's claimed a weak role that can't be easily confirmed that apparently one other person also has (not sure how common this is in Supernatural, games I skimmed never had two townies with the same roles).
Doesn't look like two townies with the same role (outside of the Coven) has ever happened before in Supernatural, but Meph's not fond of this sort of logic in Paranormal:
Note that the script NO LONGER restricts most roles to only one or two per side. Being able to use meta-game deduction to determine that someone must be town/scum breaks the game, so I've removed the aspects of the game that allow that.
As for the other points, I completely agree with both, but, as I said, I don't think flabort's bunkum case is a scum bunkum case.

Mephansteras: Is it possible, outside of the Coven, to start the game with two townies with the same role?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 20, 2015, 08:18:10 pm »

OK, I've just read up on everything. I think it's possible for us to puzzle this out now! First up, now pretty much everyone's claimed there's less power in my role, so it's safe to claim that I'm the Sage. I studied both nights. Night 1, I learned that an outside influence, the Eye of Heaven, watches the town. N2 I learned that that outsider influence was a Guardian Angel. Given the wording, I suspect that if I keep studying, eventually I might get a hint as to the alignment of the Guardian's target (but maybe I'm reading too much into it).

We have enough info to figure out who probably performed the N2 kill.

Off The Hook
Jack AT: As a Monster Hunter, he was killing Persus
TheDarkStar: Is confirmed as Guardian Angel by NQT (I can't believe anyone would fakeclaim GA out of the blue)
spruce/NQT: Studying

Weak Suspects
origamiscienceguy - OSG could have performed the kill IF the Werebear is an SK-style Werebear, but most likely scum would want to guard and kill in the same night which means the Werebear is probably a PGO-style werebear
roo: Has been completely absent for whole period. Could be a Werebear if Flabort is right, but I doubt it. Unlikely he'd be about to send in a kill either way.
Cheeetar:   Claims werebear. Despite Flabort's argument, I think it's likely this isn't a fakeclaim. As such, he was busy killing OSG

Strong Suspects
flabort: Claims to be a Sexton.
Tiruin: Claims to be a Sexton.

Looking at the suspects like this, most likely either Flabort or Tiruin took the kill and I don't think both of them would be fakeclaiming unless they're a team (for reasons I'm about to explain). It's unlikely Cheet is fakeclaiming werebear, but it's possible he's an SK who targeted a protected player on N1. Either way, he didn't kill Birdy.

Sexton would be a pretty weird thing for a scum-Tiruin to counterclaim unless it was as a short-sighted push to get Flabort lynched or if she just wasn't paying attention (she claims not to have read the thread, and given the slowness of her internet I can believe that). By the time Flabort claimed, the Necromancer was dead and the Priest had claimed. Given that there could have been a counterclaim from a real Sexton and there could have been a ghoul, it would be a stupid thing to fakeclaim. So Flabort is probably telling the truth here regardless of his alignment. Given past games, it's most likely that either one of them is scum, or they're both scum and that's why one of them can safely fakeclaim Sexton (a role that can't be confirmed by tracking).

Ultimately, I want two things from D3:

1. I want one of Tiruin or Flabort to either admit that they were lying and/or be lynched
2. I guess I want Roo to claim to complete the massclaim but I despair at them ever turning up again.

To that end:

Roo: what role are you?
Tiruin: Are you really a sexton? Give me some of your background.
Flabort: it's pretty typical for scum to focus on people they can make out to be dangerous 3rd parties. Explain to me why this isn't the case with you.

Right now, I'm torn between thinking the cult has three members or just two (with another malicious 3rd party. Given the persistent killing, I reckon they probably aren't a charisma cult, unless they're really biding their time).

(I really want to take a closer look at everyone, but it's late so this will all have to do for now.)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 20, 2015, 09:15:43 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Cheeetar: flabort
flabort: Cheeetar, notquitethere, TheDarkStar

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

@Jack AT: Sure. We could have 3 or 4 of the same role if the script decided to balance the numbers out that way. I'd reject any set up that was obviously unbalanced (like having a whole bunch of Monster Hunters), but it's actually quite common to have duplicates of roles both on the same side and opposite.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 20, 2015, 09:38:28 pm »

What I believe the cult we've got currently is a one-shot recruit
Why?  Their team's kill's accounted for each night.  We know they haven't recruited anyone, then, which I would think they would do N1.
So my guess is a Monster Hunter cultist.
...Aren't Guardian Angels a third-party goal focused on protection {any somebody} present?
You think the scumteam is a one-shot converter who hasn't converted and a bonus killer?  Why?
And yes, Guardian Angels are that.
I'm basing my knowledge of cult on...well, personal experience. While I did read someone mentioning a 'flavor cult' (which I guess is analogous to 'normal mafia but our name is cult instead'), I didn't think about it much at the time - and given my selective memory, prefer to defer to a more dangerous example at the moment if in case of most-dangerous-scenarios. I'm with the thought that there are ~3-2 cult. [2 being the latter if charismatic is present]

...Which means when I said Hunter-cultist, I was biased too by that memory, forgetting that monster hunters can pretty much be vigs. -.- Count this as a very late edit to what I said above.

But...how do we know if they haven't recruited? I'm sorta lost here (and lacking a bit of time to recheck back)

He's claimed a weak role that can't be easily confirmed that apparently one other person also has (not sure how common this is in Supernatural, games I skimmed never had two townies with the same roles).

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

PPE: Ohey this didn't actually post but I thought it did -_- Wheee.

Tiruin: Are you really a sexton? Give me some of your background.
I had to ask Meph for results of my anything and neither me or EPenguin got anything since ever. Because by that, I mean...my background doesn't have flavor.

Precisely, all I received was my duty and role. No background flavor or background identification (it's like one of the churchgoers being tapped by non-distinct out-of-scene narrative priest and handed a shovel and a line of string. Y'know, bell-ringer coffins and all. Or how I envision a Sexton anyway).

1. I want one of Tiruin or Flabort to either admit that they were lying and/or be lynched
o_O?
You...do know that if one of us was cult, we'd not do that because its pretty much against our wincon, aye?
I mean, even if I'm town, I could say I'm ok with being lynched if it removes the suspect list by a tiny bit, but while checking back and noticing the predicament of this situation quite thoroughly, I'm still standing by my logic back there about Flabort--yeah, he may be pretty much a bit anxious and neurotic when detailing a suspect down to the very details (I can relate at least, I'm like that x3 So much distress \o/), but when comparing claims--and while he didn't claim his claim thingy back when he claimed--I can't use that as a basis of delivery because it can be extremely plausible that he's a Sexton, cult or not.

And yeah, the thought that he may be fakeclaiming did cross my mind too--but when that thought crossed my mind, I noticed I had already...unwittingly claimed my results (I'm serious for not having read up back there, and apologies ahead, I thought I got the gist that 'Ohey massclaim' without even checking what others have said). See: List sheet of the everyone claim (Jack claimed Van Helsing that Hunter guy).

Now I'm not going to try to debunk your theory, because it makes sense from what others--I believe--may see as the most plausible. What I am going to debunk is the scope of said theory.

Primarily:
Off The Hook
Jack AT: As a Monster Hunter, he was killing Persus
TheDarkStar: Is confirmed as Guardian Angel by NQT (I can't believe anyone would fakeclaim GA out of the blue)
spruce/NQT: Studying

Weak Suspects
origamiscienceguy - OSG could have performed the kill IF the Werebear is an SK-style Werebear, but most likely scum would want to guard and kill in the same night which means the Werebear is probably a PGO-style werebear
roo: Has been completely absent for whole period. Could be a Werebear if Flabort is right, but I doubt it. Unlikely he'd be about to send in a kill either way.
Cheeetar:   Claims werebear. Despite Flabort's argument, I think it's likely this isn't a fakeclaim. As such, he was busy killing OSG

Strong Suspects
flabort: Claims to be a Sexton.
Tiruin: Claims to be a Sexton.

Looking at the suspects like this, most likely either Flabort or Tiruin took the kill and I don't think both of them would be fakeclaiming unless they're a team (for reasons I'm about to explain). It's unlikely Cheet is fakeclaiming werebear, but it's possible he's an SK who targeted a protected player on N1. Either way, he didn't kill Birdy.
This lil' nyancat here.

I have to point out that we are lacking TWO players in this game of thrones.
One of which was you...which we are unaware of the claim in particular (and may verily be bussing Flabort, if scum, and taking me as a safe drop because of my...utter lack, maybe. But that's predicting).
And the other is inactive--maybe because I guess he posts from his phone (and lacks a stable PC connection), and his phone is a bit :I
From what I know of Roo anyway.

Weak Suspects
And just to nitpick myself, I wondered why you mentioned him as a suspect until I read you were checking the N2 kill. :P
In all seriousness, the Guard is like the Jailer...which I didn't figure out until I re-read the OP for the role-claim list, so even if its not somehow mentioned here, I agree.

And I've no idea why I'm saying that, but anyway--I believe you should broaden your 'who can kill' list to include roo, because even if he wasn't active, I do believe the scumteam may be able to submit actions for those who are inactive, if he's in league with them.

Right now, I'm torn between thinking the cult has three members or just two (with another malicious 3rd party. Given the persistent killing, I reckon they probably aren't a charisma cult, unless they're really biding their time).

(I really want to take a closer look at everyone, but it's late so this will all have to do for now.)
We're in the clear enough to not depend on that speculation as a whole, but as a note for later \o/
But query for you:

Who are you, Ser NQT?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 20, 2015, 09:58:43 pm »

On Werebears: SKerebears choose each night to either kill or be PGOs.  Town werebears are just PGOs.  One Cheesecake post, in addition to game balance, makes me lean strongly towards a town werebear:
@What was my favorite role: Werecreatures. Because I used to fanboy on werewolves and lycans. Plus (I think) they're safe from attack at night.
Easy misunderstanding of PGO, but the belief in safety doesn't make as much sense if he got a role that chooses between PGO and killing each night as it does if it's just PGO.

NQT, Cheeetar: How does the fact that the whole Sexton claim conflict thing just collapsed change your thoughts on the matters we're dealing with?  I expect quite a change from NQT in particular.

I'm basing my knowledge of cult on...well, personal experience. While I did read someone mentioning a 'flavor cult' (which I guess is analogous to 'normal mafia but our name is cult instead'), I didn't think about it much at the time - and given my selective memory, prefer to defer to a more dangerous example at the moment if in case of most-dangerous-scenarios. I'm with the thought that there are ~3-2 cult. [2 being the latter if charismatic is present]

...Which means when I said Hunter-cultist, I was biased too by that memory, forgetting that monster hunters can pretty much be vigs. -.- Count this as a very late edit to what I said above.

But...how do we know if they haven't recruited? I'm sorta lost here (and lacking a bit of time to recheck back?
Tiruin: Cult has only had a converter once before, of the two times it's been used.  Sup 2 was converterless.  We know the cult hasn't converted because converts take the place of the mafiakill, and they killed both nights.

Also, NQT claimed Sage just now.

Flabort: it's pretty typical for scum to focus on people they can make out to be dangerous 3rd parties. Explain to me why this isn't the case with you.
NQT: Is flabort trying to make Cheeetar out as a dangerous third party?  Please show me where he does that, instead of just trying to tell us Cheeetar's part of the scumteam.

I do believe the scumteam may be able to submit actions for those who are inactive, if he's in league with them.
Meph: Can scumteam members submit actions for inactive members?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 20, 2015, 10:02:15 pm »

I do believe the scumteam may be able to submit actions for those who are inactive, if he's in league with them.
Meph: Can scumteam members submit actions for inactive members?

Yes, they can.
Come play Mafia with us!

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 20, 2015, 10:24:48 pm »

Just got back from a weeklong vacation. All I can say is:

Spoiler: "Bah" (click to show/hide)

'Nuf said.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 20, 2015, 10:38:47 pm »

Tiruin: Cult has only had a converter once before, of the two times it's been used.  Sup 2 was converterless.  We know the cult hasn't converted because converts take the place of the mafiakill, and they killed both nights.

Also, NQT claimed Sage just now.
...Oh. I missed that (and even if I was said converter who made the link to said reference -.-). Err...Yay own memory
Well, based on checking D2/3, we can specifically narrow down the kills to such:

origamiscienceguy - Cult Guard [D3; Obviously mauled by were-creature {Cheeetar...were-cheetah? :P}; assumed either targeted Cheeet, or Cheeet is SK werebear who mauled Guard. Either way, Cheeet isn't a target for the moment.]

birdy51 - Town Priest [D3; Slain by weapon; Jack A T dagger]
    Persus13 - Townsperson [D3; Slain by weapon; Cult decapitation]

Deus Asmoth - Town Dreamwalker [D2; Dead; slain by Jack A T]
    ToonyMan - Town Fortune Teller [D2; Cult decapitation]

Peradon - Town Illusionist [D2; Lynch]
Seems like the cult flavor really wants heads. For what, I'm unsure, but I bet the lore will be fantastic!

Jack Why did you kill DA in the fi- oh wait I remember you talked about it and low activity somewhere back there.

I have no questions for the both of you other than the stuff I poked NQT on.
Night 1, I learned that an outside influence, the Eye of Heaven, watches the town. N2 I learned that that outsider influence was a Guardian Angel. Given the wording, I suspect that if I keep studying, eventually I might get a hint as to the alignment of the Guardian's target (but maybe I'm reading too much into it).
Either you're totally cult scum backing up TDS who fakeclaimed Angel to back up you being a Sage, or you're not. I am leaning on the latter.
As an aside, that's totally awesome flavor (am I really the target of the GA? I recall they had specific targets to protect and let live because that's their wincon, but that's more meta than anything else.).

tl;dr: Responses, acknowledgement, speculation on other people. (I'm fairly sure there's an ANCHOR function in the bbcode, but unsure how to code it down.)

Reads:
Note: Reads are grouped! That means Tiruin sees interaction and grouped variables pointing out people as suspects! With asterisks = grouping reasons.

TheDarkStar {Guardian Angel; Goal may really be to protect someone? Speculation. I'm cautious because this may be a twist on the GA [ie Fallen Angel, but this is toppled by NQT's backup], I'm UNSURE if the target should be town, maybe must be benign? talking from memory here.}
    spruce [NQT] {Sage, *backs up TDS}

roo {Err. :-\}

Jack AT {Vampire Hunter; gave his account on all his kills before [DA is in said link; Persus13 too}
    Cheeetar {Wereteddybear; Kills in order: D3 (Uncontested thus far);

flabort {Sexton; unsure if he ever did claim night results? WAIT. He did. ... Yeah I didn't see that.}

Tiruin [EPenguin] {Sexton; Claimed in first official post of game...}

I grouped the hunter-werebear together as their claims are backed by either the rest here, or they make sense alone (speaking of Jack A T; Cheeet's werebear is uncontested and isn't really a problem today if he's totally a SKbear.)

NQT and TDS back each other up; the Sage claim really reinforces the in-the-least benign nature of TDS, and it seems REALLY unreasonable that they'd be cult given all this (or malevolent third-party, ie reallybad fallen angel)

IMO Flabort is an outlier (though I don't suspect him due to role because his results match what I've got; Nothing.) but from what I see, mayhap just as much as being cult as Jack, wherein the reasons are in the posts now, and not the roles or claims.
Roo is...may be cult. I guess. Given that IMO, I'm crossing out 4 people out of the 7 and I comprise 1 of them, so 5 out of 7.

So the cult may pretty much be Roo and Flabort.

...I would vote (Roo, because I seriously believe the Sexton gambit is a risky one [unless Flabort did fakeclaim, and did risk the idea because 'Necromancer is dead. He can be the only one, I guess. There can't be two third-parties who can affect the dead, right?' which...is how I think of it and me projecting it to predict him) but Timecount please?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 20, 2015, 10:41:07 pm »

:-\ Now that I think about it, I can really get Flabort's probable possible anxiety given all that. That's a lot of responsibility.
(This is me speaking from personal realization and knowing my alignment; to y'all, I can pretty much be cult speculating onto him instead, but anyway. Just wanted to say this because I can relate in such scenarios. :-\ )
Hooray personal neuroticism. As in distressyness and not anything else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 20, 2015, 10:45:33 pm »

Umph, should be posting the above post-game due to personal speculation because I may pretty much be invoking possible emotional bias in readers (towards or against me/them).
Hooray just-woken-up need to post. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42