Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67980 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 3 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #345 on: June 16, 2015, 09:21:19 pm »

Tiruin, TDS, you posted. Who's scum, me or Flabort? Pretend you can't say 'neither' or 'I don't know'.

Don't mass claim. He's struggling to make his death as scum meaningful. If anybody is werebear, feel free to counterclaim me- if nobody counterclaims, nobody else is werebear.

Frig, you guys. Frig. Given that town roles are public and scum roles aren't, a mass claim right now doesn't seem to be useful in the slightest. The only person who suggested it was Flabort- you know, the scum partner of OSG? Maybe don't follow his advice?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 16, 2015, 09:33:04 pm »

Cheeetar: If I can't say neither, then flabort is scum because you claimed a scumkill and no one has counterclaimed that. I'll wait to vote until I have some evidence for his scumminess rather than just evidence for your non-scumminess. You could still be a SK, but that's less likely with two other third-parties already in the game.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 16, 2015, 09:33:43 pm »

Cheeetar: If I can't say neither, then flabort is scum because you claimed a scumkill and no one has counterclaimed that. I'll wait to decide whether to vote until I have some evidence for his scumminess rather than just evidence for your non-scumminess. You could still be a SK, but that's less likely with two other third-parties already in the game.

EBWOP

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 16, 2015, 11:50:08 pm »

Don't mass claim. He's struggling to make his death as scum meaningful. If anybody is werebear, feel free to counterclaim me- if nobody counterclaims, nobody else is werebear.

Frig, you guys. Frig. Given that town roles are public and scum roles aren't, a mass claim right now doesn't seem to be useful in the slightest. The only person who suggested it was Flabort- you know, the scum partner of OSG? Maybe don't follow his advice?
You're wrong, I wasn't the only one to suggest it.
Should we mass-claim today or wait until tomorrow?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 17, 2015, 12:34:02 am »

Sleep deprived and now sick.  Not at my best.  At all.  Oh, and hitting midterms.  Bleh.

Jack A T [...]his day 2 play does feel lacking compared to his day 1 play in terms of scum-hunting.
flabort: That's because it was.
So do we think this cult is a converting cult or a flavour cult? I'm thinking converting cult because of the second post Meph made which stated:
Cheeetar: Big-C Cult is a flavour cult, though it can have one one-shot converter.  If this one does (which it probably doesn't), the converter has not converted, as we've had scumkills both nights and the conversion takes the place of the scumkill.

Alright.  I did not kill OSG.  Animal mauling, OSG's death cause, fits werebears perfectly and doesn't really fit all that well with any other non-scumteam killer type.  Considering the scum probably didn't try to block roo (why block the non-entity?), that leaves either Cheeetar or Spruce as the werebear.  It would be quite the daring/suicidal move for scum to fakeclaim werebear in this situation (particularly since they already know who the werebear is), so I'm almost certain Cheeetar is the werebear.  And, with the sheer number of killers in this game (to say a third party werebear would be to say a likely 4 kills a night), the lack of N2 werebear kill, and the number of third parties already seen, the werebear's most likely town by a good bit.
Also backing his claim (bolding mine):
@What was my favorite role: Werecreatures. Because I used to fanboy on werewolves and lycans. Plus (I think) they're safe from attack at night.
I wonder why he believed this.

As for who I suspect...let's look at one player's work today.  Flabort's post analysis is amazing.  Not as a tool of persuasion, but as a showcase of thickly laid spin.  Posts are not examined to determine Cheeetar's guilt or innocence, but creatively interpreted until they fit with the underlying assumption of guilt.  Most of the analysis is just a line of (usually unsupported, as the assumption of guilt is good enough for flabort) statements about what Cheesetar's real reasons for any given action must have been, every single post being read and interpreted through the lens of Cheesetar being scum (shockingly, the conclusion of this reading is that he's scum).  Some points, though, are worth looking at in more detail.
Spoiler: Argh (click to show/hide)

Need sleep.  Night.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 17, 2015, 01:16:07 am »

Meh, whatever, if you don't vote me off today then the mafia will kill me; and if they don't kill me, a vig will.

So I'm not threatened by that vote. And yes, I realize that some of my comments were more of me projecting than analyzing. I did say that after my analysis I was less convinced, right? You quoted bits of that post.

So I can put you down as Not Werebear, leaving Roo and spruce/replacement to claim or counterclaim cheetar still. Until then I hold onto the slightest hope that I'm not terribly mistaken.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 17, 2015, 06:59:18 pm »

Ok, I don't normally do this but I'm going to do a Mod Extend on the day. Tiruin still hasn't done a real post, roo is MIA, and I don't have a replacement for Spruce yet. That's nearly half the players.

So, day is extended to ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 17, 2015, 08:47:08 pm »

Have you prodded them?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 17, 2015, 09:00:51 pm »

Are you unable or unwilling to vote, TDS?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 17, 2015, 09:13:55 pm »

Are you unable or unwilling to vote, TDS?

I guess I didn't vote, looking back. I guess I'll vote for flabort to avoid someone tying the vote. He's also voting for Cheeetar who seems to be confirmed town.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 18, 2015, 11:14:13 am »

Meh, whatever, if you don't vote me off today then the mafia will kill me
what
And yes, I realize that some of my comments were more of me projecting than analyzing. I did say that after my analysis I was less convinced, right? You quoted bits of that post.
"Some"?
I'm aware of your statement, yes, but you still were convinced.
Now, since you obviously looked in the spoiler, would you mind answering the questions in it?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 18, 2015, 04:17:22 pm »

Even after prodding we're not getting any response from the missing people. I hate it when lack of participation hurts a game this much.

Do you guys want to keep going or should we call it, since we only have about half of the living players actually active at all?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 18, 2015, 04:29:49 pm »

I guess I could go in for someone if you really need a replacement, and make it impossible to revive original me.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 18, 2015, 04:47:56 pm »

Call it.  Everyone lives happily ever after as the Cult and Town realize that they have A Lot In Common and should thus be good friends.  Draw.

Kind of hard to play with so few players.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 18, 2015, 07:12:40 pm »

Wait a day and in the meantime make all the missing people replaceable if they don't show up to do anything.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42