Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67942 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 2 Dreams of Blood
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2015, 11:13:11 pm »

Is there a way to better insure a resurrection attempt goes well? Is it usually a rand thing by the GM? You seemed to indicate it was involved with other factors.

It's nothing certain, but as I said, I suspect Piety can be changed by in-game actions. Depending on who you're worshiping and how you worship, I believe that Piety can be improved or hurt depending on your actions. For instance... I believe a Town Priest mislynching or possibly even just lynching a target at all is going to have their Piety hurt. To present another way of looking at it, the Werewolf Priest from Supernatural 5 I think directly did the Night Kill once or twice. His efforts to revive a player into the scum team was successful. Due to worshiping a very different kind of god, I can only suspect that his direct role in the killings increased his own piety.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 1 - Dark Night heralds a Bloody Dawn
« Reply #271 on: June 09, 2015, 01:38:50 am »

Ok, so I suspect TDS. I'm going to go back and look at all his stuff, and put together something...

Spoiler: TDS's Posts D1 (click to show/hide)

1st and 2nd posts are pretty much standard RQS. Nothing to complain about.
3rd and 4th posts are answering questions.
5th post, he complains about my logic with cheesecake, but doesnt vote on it. He also FoS's DA for putting a lazy vote on cheesecake. He also FoS's spruce for a last minute vote with no question. I find it odd that he finds spruce suspicious, because it seems clear that he was voting based on Jacks post.

Spoiler: TDS's Posts D2 (click to show/hide)

TDS's one and only post of the day, he votes for me, based on my logic not making sense in the Cheesecake affair, and for inconsistencies in what I said I do. When he said that I was inconsistent, he misquoted me, and took what he was trying to quote out of context. The following is what he was trying to quote:
Quote from: Me
Then depending on their scumslips or other such things, I'll vote for them.
In context, I meant that I took their scumslips into account and didnt vote solely on the chance-logic stuff. I thought I made that clear.

But lets just say, for hypothetical reasons, that he did quote me right. It still wasnt an inconsistency, because I voted based on a scumslip that cheesecake did.

This makes the only plausible part of his argument against me my illogical argument. In the previous day, he mentioned it, but did not deem it worthy on its own for a vote. Combine this with the fact that he voted for me after I had a vote from Persus and a vote from Flabort(though he did unvote me), it looks like he is trying to build a false argument against me, and lynch an easy target. Thus, TDS.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 09, 2015, 02:38:52 am »

my phone broke. It was getting fixed.
Or not it's cool.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 09, 2015, 02:45:05 am »

Feel free to pursue that retaliatory case, as I still haven't worked out new reads.

Are there any questions you might have?
Nah, I won't bother with a case on you right now. As I said, I need hard evidence to back up a suspicion, and you passed my quiz without leaving a single thing for evidence. Avoided every trap, didn't get caught up, explained everything fairly well.

Questions, though, I do have one.

What should we do, in your opinion, if you die during the night but there is still a grave disturbed? What if your guard dies in the night instead?

3) Seriousness is not directly indicative of town or scum alignment. Seriousness/non-seriousness are indicative of how visible a player desires to be, as can be activity levels. Where X is seriousness and Y is activity (on a scale from 0 to 10), and Z is visibility, we get the following equation: Z=|Y-5|+(X-5). Where Z is equal to one or two, they're most likely scum, and where Z is equal to seven to ten, also most likely scum. Between three and five, you have a mix of scum and town.
flabort: Hm?  What's a 0 and what's a 6 on the Z scale?  Serious, active players (say, round 8s-10s in X and Y) are likely scum?  Anyone highly visible is probably scum?  Is one end of the spectrum more likely scum than the other?  Please explain in more detail.

Also, now that you've given three definitions of tunneling, please tell me which applies in each use of the term in your read list (your reads of Roo and I) and why that definition applies.
And now I see I got a + where I meant a -. Should have fixed that typo while fixing the rest of my math. Arg.
It's Z=|Y-5|-(X-5)

Z=0~1: Nearly invisible. Posts often enough that nobody notices them lurking, but doesn't say anything to catch attention. Ideal for scum players.
Z=2~4: Low content players, often those who are too lazy to post or experiencing life troubles. At the bottom we have people who are trying to hide information by not posting often or in big posts.
Z=5~6: Middle of the road. Maybe gets accused of lurking, or of being too active, catches some flak for silliness or so, but doesn't do much wrong. Many players fall under here.
Z=7~8: Highly visible players who probably post pretty often (or who post massive infodumps), but fail to convey any useful information due to silly/fluff/prose. [sarcasm]Definitely not hiding any useful information for malicious reasons[/sarcasm]. Typically doesn't have any useful information for the town that they want to share.
Z=9~10: Trying too damn hard to be active, and not having anything to actually contribute, so fills in by being silly and/or stupid; a state typically achieved by scum trying to take advantage of NQT's "active players are rarely scum" theory. Alternatively, lowest number of posts possible, and no content in said posts. Typically achieved by people requiring replacement or actively lurking scum.

You'd want to be a 4 to a 6. The lower end of the spectrum is more likely scum, because more scum try to play that way then the upper end. However, the upper end of the spectrum is larger because that level of visibility is hard to achieve.

Roo's tunneling is definitely definition 1; too much focus on the single player. He pretty much ignored everyone else.
Your tunneling is definition 3 with a little bit of definition 1. You were trying to get him to answer the question, properly, so had to spend a great deal of time focusing on him instead of others.
Neither of you touched on definition 2.

Peradon: That's some fairly sound logic. And the second case of you being misrepresented. I agree with the first four posts being pretty standard and nothing to complain about. I have to disagree with why he didn't vote on your logic day 1. He's voting me that post, for my vote on a low-activity player. It's strange, though, he did quote my actual reason for voting OSG there, but then ignores it completely. I'm going to point out that he DID ask Spruce a question, it's the first thing he wrote after spruce's name. He asked him why he was voting that way at that time, a valid question near the end of the day. As far as the inconsistency goes, I think he was talking about how previously you had been talking about chance, then made a switch to talking about taking other things into considerations. The switch being the important part. Personally, I did not get the impression that you had switched ideologies, but were just using one (the numbers/chance logic) to support the other.

I'm not entirely swayed to your case against TDS, due to there being some soft flaws in it, but I'm willing to consider it. Is there some more evidence that TDS is looking for an easy lynch?

my phone broke. It was getting fixed.
OK. Here's hoping you can make a real post soon, then, with your fixed phone or a computer.
Here's also hoping that there wasn't any irreparable damage.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 09, 2015, 02:50:46 am »

I am currently reading umm I play from my phone there is no isp in my area.
Or not it's cool.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 09, 2015, 02:52:48 am »

I am currently reading umm I play from my phone there is no isp in my area.
Fixed phone, then. :)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 09, 2015, 08:56:43 am »

Ok, so I suspect TDS. I'm going to go back and look at all his stuff, and put together something...

-snipped out RVS posts-

Spoiler: TDS's Posts D1 (click to show/hide)

1st and 2nd posts are pretty much standard RQS. Nothing to complain about.
3rd and 4th posts are answering questions.
5th post, he complains about my logic with cheesecake, but doesnt vote on it. He also FoS's DA for putting a lazy vote on cheesecake. He also FoS's spruce for a last minute vote with no question. I find it odd that he finds spruce suspicious, because it seems clear that he was voting based on Jacks post.

You're completely misrepresenting my post. I didn't vote for you because I voted for flabort in the same post. I'm allowed to suspect more than one person at a time, right? Also, you said that I didn't ask spruce a question; what do you call this:
Why did you think that Teneb should be voted for, especially so close to the lynch?
?

Additionally, I asked spruce about his vote to see what he thought about it. I saw that he was echoing Jack and so I asked him more. How is that a problem?

TDS's one and only post of the day, he votes for me, based on my logic not making sense in the Cheesecake affair, and for inconsistencies in what I said I do. When he said that I was inconsistent, he misquoted me, and took what he was trying to quote out of context. The following is what he was trying to quote:
In context, I meant that I took their scumslips into account and didnt vote solely on the chance-logic stuff. I thought I made that clear.

But lets just say, for hypothetical reasons, that he did quote me right. It still wasnt an inconsistency, because I voted based on a scumslip that cheesecake did.

This makes the only plausible part of his argument against me my illogical argument. In the previous day, he mentioned it, but did not deem it worthy on its own for a vote. Combine this with the fact that he voted for me after I had a vote from Persus and a vote from Flabort(though he did unvote me), it looks like he is trying to build a false argument against me, and lynch an easy target. Thus, TDS.

No, I actually mean what I said. Your explanation for voting for cheesecake yesterday doesn't match your explanation today at all. If there were other reasons for voting cheesecake (especially if they were the main reasons), why didn't you explain them yesterday?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 09, 2015, 09:28:26 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Peradon: Persus13, TheDarkStar
TheDarkStar: Peradon

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. There are 2 votes to Extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Wednesday. 3 votes total needed to Extend. There are 2 possible extensions remaining for today.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 09, 2015, 09:57:04 am »

I'll third that Extend. I'll need even if some of the rest of you don't.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 09, 2015, 12:45:55 pm »

You're completely misrepresenting my post. I didn't vote for you because I voted for flabort in the same post. I'm allowed to suspect more than one person at a time, right?
Fair enough.
Also, you said that I didn't ask spruce a question; what do you call this:
Why did you think that Teneb should be voted for, especially so close to the lynch?
?
Thats not what I'm saying. I was saying why you voted for him, which from my interpretation is because he voted for Teneb close to end day without a question attached.
Additionally, I asked spruce about his vote to see what he thought about it. I saw that he was echoing Jack and so I asked him more. How is that a problem?
Not a problem, I just thought it was odd, thats all.

No, I actually mean what I said. Your explanation for voting for cheesecake yesterday doesn't match your explanation today at all. If there were other reasons for voting cheesecake (especially if they were the main reasons), why didn't you explain them yesterday?
Yesterday, I was asked to explain the logic of that one post. I thought it obvious that I was taking into account his scumslip, because the whole argument hinged on cheesecakes scumslip. How could you not get this?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 09, 2015, 04:40:10 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Peradon: Persus13, TheDarkStar
TheDarkStar: Peradon

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Wednesday. There is 1 possible extension remaining for today.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 09, 2015, 06:19:00 pm »

This is looking really good. Can I get a spoil spec?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 09, 2015, 09:46:19 pm »

Hello you, and welcome back! :D

...I haven't been productive in reading anything as of late due to personal issues. I will make my post by at least most, tomorrow.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 10, 2015, 07:43:31 am »

I'm really sorry everyone. I'm busy moving to a new country, and college and all that stuff. Please let someone else have my spot. Thanks for the game so far, and I hope you all have fun!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 10, 2015, 09:21:23 am »

I can...although, are you sure you wouldn't rather be added to the replacement queue?

I'm really sorry everyone. I'm busy moving to a new country, and college and all that stuff. Please let someone else have my spot. Thanks for the game so far, and I hope you all have fun!
Sorry to hear that. I'll see if we have someone else available.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42