Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67905 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 1 - Dark Night heralds a Bloody Dawn
« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2015, 02:09:42 am »

Teneb, because I messed up the above post...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2015, 07:25:03 am »

Sorry I haven't posted here in awhile. Might have missed some questions directed to me, please tell me if I have so I can answer them.

@What was my favorite role: Werecreatures. Because I used to fanboy on werewolves and lycans. Plus (I think) they're safe from attack at night.

@Everyone: Sorry for being nooby, guys, and thanks for understanding. I'll try not to make the same mistakes again. And get lynched in the process.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2015, 02:16:01 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
birdy51: roo, ToonyMan
Cheesecake: Deus Asmoth
EPenguin: birdy51
flabort: TheDarkStar
origamiscienceguy: flabort
roo: Persus13
spruce: Teneb
Teneb: Jack AT, Peradon, spruce

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (About 5 hours)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 02, 2015, 03:38:47 pm »

Wait a second....
The opening post mentioned Rot. Doesnt rod spread? Wouldnt that imply that this actually is a cult?
Possibly.

And if it is a cult, that would make cheesecake much more suspicious, wouldnt it? Because if he had picked up on that, why didnt he tell us? And if he hadnt, then he got it from his role PM. Or, he could just have been reading the Cult game like he said...
Still, assuming that I'm right about the rot part, that's two-thirds chance that Cheesecake is scum. Thoughts on this theory?
What.

Also, about the rot part, if Cheese had gotten a role PM saying he was part of a cult, it would have said he was a Vampire, not a Cultist.
Why is that again?

Do 12ers play to a couple of competing wagons each day?
spruce: That would be nice, but what tends to happen is we end up with one main wagon and we end up with a bunch of scattered votes on other players from people who dislike the main wagon, all yelling their own things and none really trying to convince others.  Not enough effort to convince people of cases, not enough commentary on (or attention to) cases other than one's own aside from searching for scumtells.  I've griped about this before, and would love more acceptance of critical acceptance of cases.
Yeah, Teneb, you big meanie. Answer the guy with the terrifying avatar.
Key word being critical.  Less leaning on me, more fleshed-out thoughts about Teneb's actions and/or my attacks.
Also, this whole bit interests me. I was eating soup and an idea occurred to me. Would you be willing to continuously critically examine my works and I yours? Not as a gentleman's agreement, as in we don't vote for each other, but as a way of keeping each other's shit straight on a more constant scale and following each of our own respective leads.
Would you be interested?
Except, you would be creating a large association between yourself and Jack AT. You don't need to create an arbitrarily connection with somebody to be critical against. Just be critical of everybody. You'll end up, in part, with what you wanted here anyway.

Origami
Been busy, just popping in for a bit. From what I read, I don't think that Cheesekake is guilty, but that is mainly a gut feeling. I am getting the
Did you die writing this, mid-post? What are you doing?

Sorry about that. My brother thought it would be funny if he pressed alt+s as he called me to dinner. Anyways, I was saying that since spruce came from a different community, I don't think he should be lynched JUST because of his... odd... behavior. I think cheesekake is just making newbie mistakes rather than scumslips. The person that rubs me the wrong way is Birdie, mainly on his highly reactive behavior. Can someone tell me if this is normal for him?
Okay. Bird is acting kind of silly.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 02, 2015, 03:55:02 pm »

In no particular order.

Lean Town

Jack A T - Seems to genuinely trying to be helpful and expressing annoyance at my own failings. Particular between me and Roo, he's sought to increase my understanding of his volatile nature, which reads to me as something scum wouldn't bother to do. Townie points to him.

Cheesecake - Largely confused. Hasn't really added anything to the conversation. Probably stressed to hell at this point. Overall, I don't he think he has much focus. I'm not sure how much help he'll be able to do if we end up keeping him around, but I guess I'll take my chances.

Spruce - The root of all things evil and the lord of hell itself. The eternal bride of sin. Grandpa's favorite walking stick. To be serious, he responds to red threats better than questions. I think it means that he's taking the game seriously, despite outwards appearance. Regardless, he's  acting in accord with his newness. He's not trying to cause too many waves, but I'm content with that. Perhaps he'll pay it down the line yet.

Flabort - I forgot he existed. I know that he's doing things, but I forgot that he exists. Blargh! He was the first to call out Cheesecake on Cultgate 2015. Strangely, I don't think he voted for him though.  Overall, it looks Flabort has been playing a subtle game. From what I can see, he's attempting to collect information, but flopping on the execution. I'm getting an ineffectual Town read more than anything. I also never answered his question on Page 7. Doing so now. I'll likely die to the inevitable bandwagon when people get tired of Granpa's crazy ass shit and toss me into the fire. Probably either Day 1 or Day 2. Oh well. Die young and leave a pretty corpse. Whooo!

Lean Null

Unvote Epenguin - No longer seems to be around. Sorry about the pressure, and may things get better for you soon.

TheDarkStar -Likes Dying. He's decidedly a null tell in my book, and frankly I haven't paying hard attention to him.

Roo - Confuses the hell out of me. I still need to read Vengeful Mafia as of making these notes. Begins by buddying me a bit, ends up turning on me, batting at me with spiny claws. I believe that this is because I really didn't acknowledge him in the way that he liked, and when I did confront him about not answering my RVS, he acted rather decisively and was quick with the claws.  It's like he's the living personification of a cat…

Peradon - First stone thrower of the Cheesegate. He's holding true to his first impression I've gleaned from him. Less tunnelly than I thought he would be though. Not sure what to make of him.

OSG - A bit of a jokester, perhaps not taking the game as seriously as he should. Claimed finals on the 28th, and they are probably still ongoing, but ending soon. I look forward to his posts when they are over.

Lean Scum

Toonyman - Doesn't trust me. Can't really blame him. However, he hasn't contributed all that much this game. He's been quiet. I would say, too quiet really. Given my current record with lurkers, I can only suspect that we'll be seeing a replacement soon at this rate. Nope. He did end up posting while I was posting. Otherwise Anyways, I hope to see anything of real substance from him soon, as he's been rather flakey thus far and needs to get pulled back into the action ASAP.

Persus13 - Playing the mentor role thus far, and is drawing heavily upon his own experience. We've had some disagreements and scuffles, and some of those haven't been completely resolved as of yet and may not become resolved in the near future. His defense of Cheesecake still bothers me in that he still is open to the idea that Cheesecake is scum, but is unwilling to vote for him. This strikes me as paradoxical, and is by far my largest beef with him.

Deus Asmoth - Hasn't done a whole lot yet. Claims malleability as a virtue. Could be a person that's waiting for their time to shine or is watching the town tear itself apart. Regardless, I'd be interested in knowing his next move. For now, I'm suspicious of him.

Teneb - Not really a man of substance. He's not doing a whole helluva lot of anything in spite of his voting. Teneb joined the Cheesecake wagon early and left it for Spruce. And his case on Spruce was definitely missing some meat there. It certainly is a weak case.

---

Anyways, I'm going to be busy during the end of this day. I'll still be around to make small posts if absolutely necessary, but I'm also going to be Gming a game during that hour so any attention I do give will be divided.

So, for that reason I'm going to Abstain from this vote.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 02, 2015, 04:04:00 pm »

Except, you would be creating a large association between yourself and Jack AT. You don't need to create an arbitrarily connection with somebody to be critical against. Just be critical of everybody. You'll end up, in part, with what you wanted here anyway.

Is associating oneself with another so bad though? For someone like myself, I can see the benefits of creating a feedback loop. I'm well aware of my tunnel tendencies, and forcing myself to focus on another player's arguments in a constructive manner could help to broaden my field of view.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2015, 06:46:29 pm »

I'm not sure how it works here - is "Abstain" the same as "No Lynch"?

Also, birdy, and again I don't know what's common here, but most places I play it's better to vote than not vote at all, even if it's "No Lynch". But voting is a powerful tool - though maybe less so in mish-mash or role madness. EOD Vote placements by players can help us sort affiliations.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 02, 2015, 07:05:24 pm »

Don't quote me on that, but I think the day just ended.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2015, 07:22:30 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
birdy51: roo, ToonyMan
Cheesecake: Deus Asmoth
flabort: TheDarkStar
origamiscienceguy: flabort
roo: Persus13
spruce: Teneb
Teneb: Jack AT, Peradon, spruce
Abstain: birdy51

Much discussion and little evidence to go by, but as night draws close the Scribe reads forth the final Tally. Teneb is selected to die.

"Die?!" he looks at the rest of you with a baffled expression. "Me?! No,
I shall not be dying this day. I am not some weak willed fool like the rest of you. I am a Necromancer, and now you shall feel the full wrath of my power!" He raises his hands above his head and a ball of pure darkness appears between them. Sharp crackles of purple lightning begin to surround it, and people are cowering and scurrying for cover.

Then, with a wet thud, a crossbow bolt sprouts from his forehead as one of the clearer minded guards in the hall puts down the mage for good. Two others rush over and inspect the body, carefully, before declaring that he is well and truly dead.

The Baron is summoned and he looks over the scene.

"Well...at least this is one threat to the town removed. But more threats remain. Go home and rest, there is more work to be done tomorrow."

Day has ended. Send in your night actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Night 1
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2015, 01:14:17 pm »

You reconvene in the Hall the next day.

The Baron and several members of the Town Watch stand there when you arrive.

"Two of your member were found murdered last night." says the Baron, he brow furrowed with worry. "ToonyMan and Deus Asmoth."

Murrmers erupt through the group. The Baron holds up his hand for silence.

"We don't know much, but here is what we have found out. Deus Asmoth was apparently a Dreamwalker, and was slain by a dagger as he slept. ToonyMan seems to have been a Fortune Teller, based on the runes scattered on his table. His body was fished out of the river this morning, though his head was not attached."

He pauses for a moment.

"As far was we can tell, neither of them were involved in anything fiendish. They seem to have been good townsfolk. Find who did this, and bring them to Justice!"

Day 2 has begun. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday

Also: Tiruin has replaced in for EPenguin.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:16:55 pm by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Night 1
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2015, 01:16:53 pm »

Hrm. Well, I guess that rules out Cheesecake slipping...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 2 Dreams of Blood
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2015, 02:02:57 pm »

Indeed. It rules out a (converting) cult. A (flavor) Cult on the other hand, is still possible.
Given that Cheesecake's post indicated a converting cult, I have to say he's clean of that.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2015, 02:09:39 pm »

Rosebud.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2015, 02:12:54 pm »

Indeed. It rules out a (converting) cult. A (flavor) Cult on the other hand, is still possible.
Given that Cheesecake's post indicated a converting cult, I have to say he's clean of that.
I wouldn't be so quick to rule that there isn't a Vampire scumteam. I need to read back on the death flavor for previous Supernatural games because its not obvious to me which scum team we're facing, although if I had to hazard a guess it would be against the Cultists.

Its also entirely possible that if we do have a Charismatic Cultist, they waited to do the conversion and made a kill to assuage suspicions of Cheesecake.

Ouch, Dreamwalker and Fortune Teller are both information roles, and while its good to see a Necromancer gone, Teneb's lynch wasn't able to tell us much. Could've been worse I suppose.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2015, 02:28:27 pm »

Well, I'd say Toonyman was killed by the scum team, and Deus by a third party. Because Toony's death matches the opening flavor text of the head being removed.

I do agree that it could be possible they have a 1-shot convert. I don't think Cheesecake would confuse that for the primary form of killing. I do agree it's still possible Cheesecake COULD be scum, but his first slip is clean.

As far as it being Vampires, I don't understand why they would remove heads.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42