Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67878 times)

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 1 - Dark Night heralds a Bloody Dawn
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2015, 08:36:35 pm »

Superquotes and weird formatting are things Scum are known site-to-site to use to obfuscate communicate and hide, trying to look impressive.

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2015, 08:37:56 pm »

Jack AT (0) DS
origamiscienceguy
flabort
Persus13
Peradon
Deus Asmoth (1) ToonyMan
Teneb
TheDarkStar
ToonyMan
roo
spruce (2) birdy, Deus Asmoth, Teneb
birdy51
Cheesecake (2) roo, Peradon, Teneb, Persus, Jack
Epenguin (1) birdy

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2015, 09:15:40 pm »

Just you dodging whatever question was thrown at you with a lot of verbose nonsense.
Teneb: Where did he dodge a question?  I see a lot of comprehensible answers in that set of quotes, even with his way of speaking.  Also, I'd like your answer to my Cheesecake affair question.

It's only one scumslip, and he's been defending it somewhat OKish.
flabort: What are the flaws in Cheesecake's defence that make it merely "somewhat OKish"?

The votes on him are a bit suspicious, though. He got a lot of votes quickly, so I'm inclined to think that some of those people joined the lynch train to appear town and to get an innocent person lynched.
TDS: Any specific people you think may have done that?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2015, 10:29:39 pm »

Some thoughts on the Cheesecake affair. I think I'm where most of us are regarding Cheescake himself. Bakery people likely have to deal with overly-devout bread folk all the time. Throw in a Supernatural game and suddenly everywhere a baker looks there's folk demanding doughnuts like zombies after brainz. But I can also see where it might be a slip, which Cult or cult would still be bad. So Cheesecake is still on probation.

More telling to me, and no doubt what Jack is after, is what does the Cheesecake affair tell us about those involved in the Cheesecake affair? I can understand antsy players eager to get on with the game - like I said, I myself am used to a somewhat faster pace. I'm not so much bothered than a wagon started, even though I'm no fan of early Day 1 runaway wagons. I'm one to suspect that such wagons aren't entirely Town, whether or not Cheesecake is good or ebil.

For me, and maybe unfortunately since he now has a vote on me, that focuses attention smack dab on Teneb in the middle of the wagon. Teneb shows up on page 6 and has what, 3 posts in the entire game thus far - 2 of them with votes - piling on Cheesecake with his first post, then changing to me without ever unvoting Cheesecake. Maybe that's just his style, but it seems kind of aggressive and mud-slinging to me, which is one element I'm used to seeing from Scum.

It's also interesting who's stayed on the wagon and who's left and why - but a drawn out game in real time makes that less telling.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2015, 02:38:13 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Cheesecake: Persus13, roo
Deus Asmoth: ToonyMan
EPenguin: birdy51
spruce: birdy51, Deus Asmoth, Teneb

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2015, 11:00:47 am »

Unvote Deus.

Birdy51
Roo: I've been doing a review, and I've noticed that you didn't actually reply to my RVS question. Take a minute and answer it.
You mean you didn't notice that right away? How serious are we being here?

Everyone: Thoughts on the Cheesecake affair (votes, actions, etc)?
It's suspicious. But, I find myself hesitant to push for a lynch on Cheesecake as it might just have been an innocent mistake. At the same time, his slip could have very well been a scumtell or that or he's a third party with references to Conversions in his abilities (ala, the Guardian Angel of one of the past games). If it comes down to it though... He wouldn't make a bad choice.
Are you trying to sway my vote?!

Lastly:
The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Hiding your double vote powers??

This is getting nowhere fast.  Let's generate some information about the only major non-RVS and non-advice thing we've had so far.
It's a bandwagon train. I don't mind lynching the newbie, but I don't think it's the best idea Day 1.

Teneb: I don't remember playing with you before. What is the primary aspect of your playstyle that sets you apart?
I kept that quote in my sig so people could tell that I am Deathsword. Guess I should've made it more obvious.
Note to self: Teneb was Deathsword.

Teneb: Well, you get information your way and I'll get information my way. I just played 2 games at 2+ where they pretty much had the same response, but I Identified Scum quicker than anyone else and Town easily won both games. Yes, it is a slow game – slower even than I expected – the GM designed it that way, but you, birdy, and ToonyMan seem kind of eager to kill folk, if you ask me. Many of you know each other a lot better than I. Several of you are far more familiar with the site, the format, and previous games, so forgive me if I don't yet measure up to your standards of what is scum-hunting or content. I beg to differ. If you really thought that, you'd do do well to see that my claims are true. Looks to me like you're just struggling to make empty cases.
What do we do then?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2015, 11:21:07 am »

Unvote Deus.

Birdy51
Roo: I've been doing a review, and I've noticed that you didn't actually reply to my RVS question. Take a minute and answer it.
You mean you didn't notice that right away? How serious are we being here?

It's suspicious. But, I find myself hesitant to push for a lynch on Cheesecake as it might just have been an innocent mistake. At the same time, his slip could have very well been a scumtell or that or he's a third party with references to Conversions in his abilities (ala, the Guardian Angel of one of the past games). If it comes down to it though... He wouldn't make a bad choice.
Are you trying to sway my vote?!

Lastly:
The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Hiding your double vote powers??

To the first, yes. I don't take notes as they come, and I finally decided to get off my lazy ass and review what everyone had answered. To the question after that, serious enough.

To the second, yes. If no other prospect presents itself, a Cheesecake lynch is a good idea. I've yet to a single argument in his defense, so why not?

To the third, a mistake on behalf of Mephansteras. Unless, it's not a mistake. In which case I'm as confounded as you are.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2015, 12:33:57 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
birdy51: ToonyMan
spruce: Deus Asmoth, Teneb

My mistake. I was tired last night and missed that there was a double vote in there.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2015, 07:40:46 pm »

I wouldn't say he got an entirely free pass... though he has been lucky so far and not attracting huge amounts of attention, either.
I wouldn't say he got an entirely free pass... though he has been lucky so far and not attracting huge amounts of attention, either.
Does this indicate you were at some point suspicious of birdy?
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2015, 07:44:32 pm »

How is my answer to this relevant to my alignment? (Might have phrased that wrong mev). I am okay with the meta being rqs what I am not okay with is extending it further than it needs to be.
Unvote
Birdy
Or not it's cool.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2015, 09:30:10 pm »

Easy.

I asked that RVS question because it's been a while and I would like to understand you. For if I understand you, I can understand when you are acting off. If I can understand when you are acting off, I can figure out if you're hiding something. And if I can figure out if you're hiding something, the only thing left to do is figure out whether your secret is malign or not.

Now. Are you done wasting both of our time here?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2015, 11:24:12 pm »

Does this indicate you were at some point suspicious of birdy?
I'm always mildly suspicious of people who open with only one question or less. It usually amounts to nothing, but it's a pet peeve of mine.
But that was unrelated to my comment that you quoted. In that context, I had meant that everyone gets questioned in their own time, and Birdy was lucky that his turn to be grilled hadn't come yet.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2015, 01:44:01 am »

Wait a second....

The opening post mentioned Rot. Doesnt rod spread? Wouldnt that imply that this actually is a cult?

And if it is a cult, that would make cheesecake much more suspicious, wouldnt it? Because if he had picked up on that, why didnt he tell us? And if he hadnt, then he got it from his role PM. Or, he could just have been reading the Cult game like he said...

Still, assuming that I'm right about the rot part, that's two-thirds chance that Cheesecake is scum. Thoughts on this theory?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2015, 02:10:29 am »

It assumes that each scenario where cheese thinks there is a cult is equally likely, which I wouldn't say is true. On the other hand, I'd likely be voting for anyone else who made that kind of slip, so cheese
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2015, 09:53:15 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
birdy51: roo, ToonyMan
Cheesecake: Deus Asmoth, Peradon, Persus13
spruce: Teneb

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42