Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67863 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 1 - Dark Night heralds a Bloody Dawn
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2015, 12:29:08 pm »

Roo: I've been doing a review, and I've noticed that you didn't actually reply to my RVS question. Take a minute and answer it.
Good luck with that. Roo never answer's anything you want him to answer.

This game seems to be going pretty slow...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2015, 12:39:35 pm »

You know, they have these kits now - mustachio kits, where one may detach or attach a moustache whenever you like. You can have a curly moustache, or a pencil thin moustache, or one of those big thick ones with the handlebars on the side, whatever you want. You should have it as part of your stuff. I just want you to know that, HEY, if I get your stuff, I'm gonna do something very special with that there mustachi. You really think it needs to be detached?

But... That doesn't have to do with anything! You leave my mustasche alone!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Good luck with that. Roo never answer's anything you want him to answer.

This game seems to be going pretty slow...

I'll hope he answers anyways. If not, I'll just have to develop what I think his word would be on my own.

And I agree on the game slowness, but there are ways of fixing that. Methinks we should start to get the lurkers to start talking a bit more. I'd rather notch off someone who's not posting Day 1 than to have to worry about them later.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2015, 02:18:30 pm »

This is getting nowhere fast.  Let's generate some information about the only major non-RVS and non-advice thing we've had so far.

Everyone: Thoughts on the Cheesecake affair (votes, actions, etc)?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2015, 02:38:44 pm »

Well, I guess I started it, so I may as well comment on that.
The votes... I'm not sure whether or not we should be voting him just yet. I think he should be jailed and investigated before we decide to vote him off, but I'm inclined to vote him off if a second reason to do so presents itself. It's only one scumslip, and he's been defending it somewhat OKish.
As for what has been done about the affair, I think perhaps it's time we changed the subject and asked some other questions to cheesecake. Yes, it may be true that his responses so far have been suspicious, but if we keep asking him the SAME questions ("Why did you respond this way?" being the most common) then we'll never get anywhere.
I think it's been fine for generating some interest in the game, but I also think we need more interest.

So, since I mentioned asking him another question, here's some more RVS questions:

Cheesecake: If you've been reading past Supernatural games, what is your favorite power role from them?

Birdy51: Who do you define as being a lurker right now? Do you think there is such a thing as day 1 lurking?

Spruce: What do you think of pinatas?

OragamiScienceGuy: Who out of everyone who has voted so far are you most suspicious of? Out of everyone who hasn't?

Teneb: I don't remember playing with you before. What is the primary aspect of your playstyle that sets you apart?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2015, 04:42:53 pm »

It's suspicious. But, I find myself hesitant to push for a lynch on Cheesecake as it might just have been an innocent mistake. At the same time, his slip could have very well been a scumtell or that or he's a third party with references to Conversions in his abilities (ala, the Guardian Angel of one of the past games). If it comes down to it though... He wouldn't make a bad choice.

Birdy51: Who do you define as being a lurker right now? Do you think there is such a thing as day 1 lurking?

Inactivity in general defines a lurker, or a simple dissociating of oneself from the action of the Day phase. To the second question, absolutely. There isn't a whole lot to go off of on Day 1, but that can easily become a scum's excuse to work the edge of the crowd and remain unnoticed. Silence hurts the town. So, I say we have to get jiggy with it and make with the prods ourselves. Speaking of which...

-----

EPenguin: It's been a while. What gives my friend?
BIRDS.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2015, 05:06:38 pm »

This is getting nowhere fast.  Let's generate some information about the only major non-RVS and non-advice thing we've had so far.

I get a "new" read from him more than anything else. I've seen new people act in almost identically to him. I'll probably have a good read for him later, but imo there isn't enough information about him yet.

The votes on him are a bit suspicious, though. He got a lot of votes quickly, so I'm inclined to think that some of those people joined the lynch train to appear town and to get an innocent person lynched.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2015, 05:19:15 pm »

The votes on him are a bit suspicious, though. He got a lot of votes quickly, so I'm inclined to think that some of those people joined the lynch train to appear town and to get an innocent person lynched.

I disagree actually. I think that it is still early enough in the day that who will be lynched hasn't been decided yet. This Day does end on Monday and votes are malleable.
BIRDS.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2015, 05:56:11 pm »

I thought that cheesecake either misunderstood part of the setup or misread something. It seemed more like a new player than a scum tell.

In any case, I may not be thinking the most clearly at the moment, but spruce. His stuff seems likely to be an indicator of multiple powers to me, and multiple powers seems to be the realm of scum in this setup.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2015, 06:33:44 pm »

multiple powers seems to be the realm of scum in this setup.

Why do you say that?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2015, 06:36:42 pm »

Well, in Super 7 there was one scum with a lot of powers. In other Super games, there tend to be lots of powers spread out among the scum team; not as many per person, but the scum team can coordinate the powers.

I doubt the 'stuff' spruce refers to are powers, though. I'm pretty sure it's just his house, body, and other flavor oriented objects; you know, important only in a game where flavor is important, like this one.
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2015, 06:38:03 pm »

EBWOP: EG, his house is left alone after he dies, his body goes to the graveyard (where the sexton watches over it) and his other stuff gets left in his house.
The Cyan Menace

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2015, 07:30:10 pm »

Teneb: I don't remember playing with you before. What is the primary aspect of your playstyle that sets you apart?

Teneb used to use the name Deathsword.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2015, 07:35:53 pm »

Spruce, I compiled nearly all your posts into one big thing in the spoiler below.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's a lot of posts. You know what is a recurring theme in those posts? No content. Just you dodging whatever question was thrown at you with a lot of verbose nonsense. No attempts at finding scum. It's as if you knew who the scum is and thus had no motivation to try and find them! I wonder why that could be.

I kept that quote in my sig so people could tell that I am Deathsword. Guess I should've made it more obvious.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2015, 07:43:45 pm »

Teneb used to use the name Deathsword.
OK, that makes sense. Yeah, I've definitely played with him, then.

I kept that quote in my sig so people could tell that I am Deathsword. Guess I should've made it more obvious.
Yeah, I saw and recognized the sig... I just didn't notice that the name was different, and when going through the list of names I saw one I didn't know. It didn't even occur to me that I didn't see "Deathsword" in that list. :P
The Cyan Menace

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2015, 08:33:30 pm »

flabort: Sure, I guess the “Rot” could be hiding in a piñata in the Town Hall? OSG did call it a party.

Teneb: Well, you get information your way and I'll get information my way. I just played 2 games at 2+ where they pretty much had the same response, but I Identified Scum quicker than anyone else and Town easily won both games. Yes, it is a slow game – slower even than I expected – the GM designed it that way, but you, birdy, and ToonyMan seem kind of eager to kill folk, if you ask me. Many of you know each other a lot better than I. Several of you are far more familiar with the site, the format, and previous games, so forgive me if I don't yet measure up to your standards of what is scum-hunting or content. I beg to differ. If you really thought that, you'd do do well to see that my claims are true. Looks to me like you're just struggling to make empty cases.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42